It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Last chance to browse 500+ deals up to 90% off and explore our handmade Collections!

UPDATE: There's still time to join in our early spring celebrations! You need to hurry, though, because our fully blossomed Spring Sale will be going away after Sunday. It would be a real shame to miss these deals - they're just so neatly stacked and packed inside our hand-made collections. Oh, and if you're having trouble finding the one for you, feel free to take our perfectly reliable <span class="bold">Quiz</span> first.

--Original announcement follows--

Hey look, spring is coming! We can tell by the birds, and the bees, and all these games on sale: all tidy and organized in handmade collections by your friendly crew at GOG.com – the digital game store with a spring in its step.

Indeed, The Spring Sale has come with 500+ deals and handmade collections up to 90% off!

The spirit of vernal discovery and neatness shines through our spring collections: get straight to Our Favorite RPGs or Our Favorite First Person Shooters; see a breakdown of 10 Games With Wacky Gadgets; take a timid glance at our Games You Should Play At Night – there's bound to be a collection for you, there's one for every kind of gamer!

This week over half a thousand deals spring up at once, including our favorites like Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (-75%), Darkest Dungeon (-50%), The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – GOTY (-40%), Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (-10%), and way more in the 6-day Spring Sale.

Time to make your collections blossom!

The Spring Sale ends on March 12, 11:00 PM UTC, 3:00 PM PST, 6:00 PM EST.
Marioface5: You decided against buying 18 games because random people posted videos you didn't like in a forum thread? Sounds like you didn't really want those games anyway, so it's probably a good thing that you didn't waste the $127.
budejovice: I believe you have misinterpreted. I did want those games. I already own other games, however, and am not afraid to let my money back up my ideals. The people encouraging by way of condoning are not random. In fact they are the exact same people trying to sell me stuff. Weird.
If you don't mind my request, could you link to the specific posts that offended you? I feel that it's important for the context of all of this.
Emachine9643: What are you talking about?
budejovice: No offense, but I'm not sure if you're trying to be deliberately dense, so I will assume you're not.

Based on the sales of Orwell (as reflected in the all time bestsellers list), it would likely appear to gog and the Orwell developers that encouraging pro-holocaust memes in your release thread and on your website by allowing them to remain without comment only leads to increasing sales. In the world of video games, they're probably not far off. I'm sure my lost sales are more than made up for by the gained sales from the more totalitarian among us. By commenting as opposed to not, I'm telling gog that I wasn't on vacation, wanted to buy, but felt uncomfortable sharing their store with nazis.
Had no idea that was going on in that thread. Did people report it to Fables?
low rated
budejovice: I believe you have misinterpreted. I did want those games. I already own other games, however, and am not afraid to let my money back up my ideals. The people encouraging by way of condoning are not random. In fact they are the exact same people trying to sell me stuff. Weird.
Marioface5: If you don't mind my request, could you link to the specific posts that offended you? I feel that it's important for the context of all of this.
It's in the Orwell thread. 2 posts before yours. Even morolf was offended. In fact, pretty much everyone seemed offended except gog and the Orwell devs.
Marioface5: If you don't mind my request, could you link to the specific posts that offended you? I feel that it's important for the context of all of this.
budejovice: It's in the Orwell thread. 2 posts before yours. Even morolf was offended. In fact, pretty much everyone seemed offended except gog and the Orwell devs.
Oh, the Holocauster Tycoon video. I am a little surprised that GOG didn't have the link removed, though I'm not saying that they should remove it either. Not sure why you keep mentioning the Orwell devs, since they have no control or authority when it comes to GOG's forums. As for GOG, if it makes you feel better, they did delete the original comment which said that "GOG needs a Gulag/concentration Camp simulator." Not sure why they bothered, since several replies quoting it mean that it's still completely visible, but that should show the disapproval that you were looking for.

Honestly, this seems like a very silly thing to not buy games over.
low rated
If someone has posted something that is genuinely offensive in the forums guys, please pro-actively report it directly to fables rather than making assumptions and hoping for the best. Remember it isn't anyone's full time job to scour the forums for every single post and mathematically calculate whether it is offensive or other factors. Fables is keeping an eye on things, but her eyes are not going to spot every possible problem in every thread in the forums.

It is our own individual responsibility to report things we believe are in violation of the rules if we indeed believe that to be the case, but I also think it's equally important that people not have a hair-trigger to report 500 things per day because they're offended easily if someone sneezes either. (I haven't seen the alleged posts referred to above that nobody has bothered to link to, so I'm speaking in general terms and not with respect to any specific post made in the forums to which some might find objectionable.)
Sale over, hopefully Pajama Sam goes on sale next time. :) (And hey, why not release the rest of the Humongous adventure games at a bundle discount? ;P)

Looking forward to Thursday for a classic release, though I may be traveling at the time.
JMich: I did grab Embers at 70% off though, since I already had the base game and the Ashes DLC. It would show as 40% off momentarily when I viewed it, so it does seem to have a series discount as well.
So do check the prices you get at the checkout screen, they may be lower than expected.
Or higher as expected when you own the base game only. ;)

But now I see where the differences in discount come from. When you do not own the game, you get 75% discount for the base game and the first DLC. When you own the base game and want to buy the first DLC you have to pay the full price and do not get any discount. And when you buy the whole bundle you get 70% discount. What a weird pricing model!
Post edited March 13, 2017 by eiii
skeletonbow: I haven't seen the alleged posts referred to above that nobody has bothered to link to
Here you go: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_orwell_89b64/post31
eiii: But now I see where the differences in discount come from. When you do not own the game, you get 75% discount for the base game and the first DLC. When you own the base game and want to buy the first DLC you have to pay the full price and do not get any discount. And when you buy the whole bundle you get 70% discount. What a weird pricing model!
I owned the base game & the first DLC, it showed 70% off on the series for me. Now that I own all 3 it shows 75% off for the base game & 1st DLC, but 40% for the second DLC. If the second DLC was being offered for only 40% I would have not purchased it. In fact I had passed on the offer when the second DLC was only given a 40% discount in the past. I do not like the nontransparent discount that GOG has used in this instance (and possibly in others, but given it's nontransparent nature it would be difficult to know).
Post edited March 13, 2017 by ValamirCleaver
MarkoH01: 11 hours until the sale is ending. Still no discount on Hyperdimension DLCs and I contacted several people on GOG. GOG really needs to have an emergency team on weekends if they have a sale which won't last after the weekend. I doubt that they will offer me the formerly discounted titles after the sale has ended.

I bought Hyperdimension Neptunia part 2 and 3 and the DLC for part 3. Will have to wait now for another sale until I will buy the DLC for part 1 and 2. Thank you, GOG :(
Dr.n00b: Same boat, sneaky "finale", now waiting till summer.

I've checked the (longer) price history of DLC for Nep1 and it seems to be regularly discounted (although this was first time at 75%) so lets hope that trend continues for the newer Nep2 and Nep3!

---

At least you didn't cock up and buy "The Last Federation Collection" at 80% off, and then later realise you already had all the parts years ago when it didnt show up amongst recent purchases in the game library.

DOH ! Oh well Arcen games can have my £4 for a beer
Abandon all hope regarding the nep DLCs. Here is GOG's reply to my request:

"The Neptunia DLCs were put on sale by mistake and were never intended to be discounted. Once we realized the error, we took them down from the promo.
I apologize for the inconvenience. "
low rated
Marioface5: Honestly, this seems like a very silly thing to not buy games over.
I get that it will seem that way to most, especially gamers. For me it's a matter of class, taste, atmosphere. $135 is the kind of money I'm going to drop in a classy joint. $8 is much closer to the amount of money I'm willing to spend in the type of place where the management doesn't care that some loud-mouth nazi is at the table next to me.
Everything from the sale is still listed as discounted. I have no idea what's on sale and what is not.
Marioface5: Honestly, this seems like a very silly thing to not buy games over.
budejovice: I get that it will seem that way to most, especially gamers. For me it's a matter of class, taste, atmosphere. $135 is the kind of money I'm going to drop in a classy joint. $8 is much closer to the amount of money I'm willing to spend in the type of place where the management doesn't care that some loud-mouth nazi is at the table next to me.
I think there's a significant difference between a loud person sitting in your proximity and a link in a forum thread, but okay. If something like that really bothers you that much, then that's up to you. It seems like it would be a really unpleasant way to live though.
low rated
Marioface5: It seems like it would be a really unpleasant way to live though.
I'm very happy with my life, thank you very much. I enjoy having standards; I find it a rewarding way to live.

I was just providing a data point for gog. With Orwell's romp through the bestseller's list they probably thought that pro-genocide propaganda is a win for all. I just offered a specific monetary value (~$38 if we assume standard percentages throughout the unbought list) as a response to a specific policy of giving nazis an unlimited soapbox on their platform. As I stated, they likely more than made up for it with the pro-genocide propaganda crowd. But at least now they have some concrete data related to that policy.
budejovice: I was just providing a data point for gog. With Orwell's romp through the bestseller's list they probably thought that pro-genocide propaganda is a win for all.
I promise you I'm trying as hard as I can, but I completely fail to understand how could you end up drawing this conclusion. I mean, do you really think that without that "pro-genocide propaganda" in the release thread the sales for Orwell on GOG would have been significantly lower?