It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Last chance to browse 500+ deals up to 90% off and explore our handmade Collections!

UPDATE: There's still time to join in our early spring celebrations! You need to hurry, though, because our fully blossomed Spring Sale will be going away after Sunday. It would be a real shame to miss these deals - they're just so neatly stacked and packed inside our hand-made collections. Oh, and if you're having trouble finding the one for you, feel free to take our perfectly reliable <span class="bold">Quiz</span> first.

--Original announcement follows--

Hey look, spring is coming! We can tell by the birds, and the bees, and all these games on sale: all tidy and organized in handmade collections by your friendly crew at GOG.com – the digital game store with a spring in its step.

Indeed, The Spring Sale has come with 500+ deals and handmade collections up to 90% off!

The spirit of vernal discovery and neatness shines through our spring collections: get straight to Our Favorite RPGs or Our Favorite First Person Shooters; see a breakdown of 10 Games With Wacky Gadgets; take a timid glance at our Games You Should Play At Night – there's bound to be a collection for you, there's one for every kind of gamer!

This week over half a thousand deals spring up at once, including our favorites like Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (-75%), Darkest Dungeon (-50%), The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – GOTY (-40%), Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (-10%), and way more in the 6-day Spring Sale.

Time to make your collections blossom!

The Spring Sale ends on March 12, 11:00 PM UTC, 3:00 PM PST, 6:00 PM EST.
So I see GOG still haven't correctly fixed the Dying Light situation in Japan. Still won't by buying anything then. Good grief GOG, it's almost been a whole year now.
Post edited March 08, 2017 by bansama
Tempted to pick up the Imperium Galactica series. Anyone with any thoughts on it?
Post edited March 08, 2017 by haydenaurion
high rated
Ghorpm’s "don’t miss this hidden gem" recommendation

AI War Collection

At the beginning I planned this little review differently, with a lot of details and examples but then I've realized that important part of this game is discovering new things yourself, learning from each game and exploring vast universe of AI War. Therefore I decided to give a more general impressions with just a few examples so that I won't spoil any fun you should have from this game. It also means that some examples are not 100% accurate so please do not correct me if you see something and know that it's not really like this. I'm well aware but let us not spoil the game for people who haven't played it yet. And definitely they should :)

I'll start with the obvious thing: the game is difficult to get into. Right from the beginning you are overwhelmed by the number of units, types of ships, turrets, buildings, planets, units' stats, buttons, type of orders and so on. Yeah, the game is really complex but don't worry, you don't have to know everything right from the beginning. Start with tutorials, they will give you a rough idea how to play and then you will start discovering new features. After some time you will realize that despite the first feeling they are very well implemented and make the game incredibly deep and fun to play so I beg you here: don't let the first hours discourage you! Keep playing!

The second thing I would like to discuss is AIs themselves. As you can imagine the whole story of the game is that humanity is facing an extinction and has to fight against powerful AIs to survive. Right from the beginning you are informed that you shouldn't really discuss if AIs are cheating or not, is the game fair or not. The point of the game is to offer a challenge so AI controlled enemies are different then you and have different set of rules. I can guarantee that this concept works amazingly well and makes the game special. Even though AIs in most cases use similar units as you do their attack and defense mechanism are different then yours. At the beginning of the game they mostly neglect you but your actions can increase their suspicion that perhaps those humans are not as weak as they seemed to be. So you have to be really careful. Obviously you have to progress, conquer new planets, find artifacts and research new ships/weapons. But if you do it to fast they will send a huge army that will crush you immediately.

You can expect your fleet to be huge as units cap is rather non trivial. Not only there are many types of ships but you can research their upgrades as well. The thing is you are only limited per unit type per its level so when you research an upgrade you don't have to get rid of older ships to build better ones - both caps are completely independent so it's beneficial to get them all, even the lowest level ships (at the very least they can serve you as cannon fodder). As I've mentioned earlier this can be a bit overwhelming, especially because besides standard ships you can produce larger starships which can boost certain stats of your fleet and sometimes you will get even bigger units that will have special abilities. After some time you will learn how to command your whole fleet efficiently.

I've just mentioned that you can research upgraded versions of your ships so it's nice moment to mention how research works because it's rather nontrivial. In many RTS games you have to spend some resources to research things but you usually aim to research everything and it's not THAT important in which order you will get new inventions. Here however, knowledge is a separate resource on its own. Each planet you conquer can give you a limited amount of knowledge so have to plan carefully which inventions you should get first. Getting a new type/level of ship makes your fleet bigger and better but you should keep in mind that turrets are much better in defense because cap limit is not only per turret type per level (as it's for ships) but also per planet! So each of your planets can have the same defenses without limiting other planets. You can't do that with your ships! So at the beginning it's good to invest in ships so that you can conquer a few planets but then you should probably get some turrets because you won't be able to defend every planet you have with your fleet as you may need it elsewhere. Once again this concept works perfectly and you can use any strategy that suits you best.

In the end I would like to briefly mention one thing (without spoiling anything). The universe is very rich. It's not that you just conquer a few planets so that eventually you may destroy AIs. Many planets have some secrets, artifacts or other inhabitants that may help you. During the game you will get a lot of secondary objectives that fulfilling may be beneficial. The very good thing is that you can solve them as you like. Or even abandon them as soon as get something nice - for example you get a great super-ship that you are supposed to use in a secret mission but you may still decide to take the ship and use it against AIs and forget about the mission. It's really mind blowing how many things may happen while you explore the universe. I've played this game many times and I'm still finding completely new things.

I can wholeheartedly recommend the game. As I mentioned earlier, it's not that easy to get into it but then it's pure awesomeness. Just give it a try, struggle through the initial WTF-is-happening phase and you'll love it!

TL;DR buy AI War Collection
Ghorpm: Ghorpm’s "don’t miss this hidden gem" recommendation

AI War Collection
I thought about getting this at one point, then I saw how "intimidating" it was from watching a few videos and noped the hell out lol. :P
Ghorpm: Ghorpm’s "don’t miss this hidden gem" recommendation

AI War Collection
haydenaurion: I thought about getting this at one point, then I saw how "intimidating" it was from watching a few videos and noped the hell out lol. :P
Yeah, I can understand that. But the game is EPIC! And dirty cheap right now.
Eeeem did anyone noticed that the base price for Dying Light EE increased for this sale, and now while being discounted with same -50% off as previous sales but at a higher base price?

Should I blame Techland or GoG for this marketing deal, huh O_O'...
iRevolt: Eeeem did anyone noticed that the base price for Dying Light EE increased for this sale, and now while being discounted with same -50% off as previous sales but at a higher base price?

It did? Its base price was and still is €50 for me.
haydenaurion: I thought about getting this at one point, then I saw how "intimidating" it was from watching a few videos and noped the hell out lol. :P
Ghorpm: Yeah, I can understand that. But the game is EPIC! And dirty cheap right now.
If I had more experience in the RTS genre maybe. I do well to beat a few missions in C&C. Something like AI War with much more to manage would overwhelm me lol. A good recommendation you posted in any case.
BrokenBull: ヾ ( > ,___, ⊙〃)ノ
Whoa, what is that?!
What do you think of these?

Good prices?
- Mirror's Edge - 4.8$
- Civilization 3 Complete - 3$
- Dead Space - 5.3$ (maybe better discounts elsewhere)
- Braid - 4$ (seems a simple indie)

Worth or average?
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 2.4$ (maybe too short)
- Fran Bow - 3.7$
- Technobabylon - 3$
- Shardlight - 4.5$

(damn, all Steam's ratings have gone crazy after the review system change)
*no idea what to buy...*
Niggles: *no idea what to buy...*
This is my list, I did buy:
Beyond Divinity
Depths of Peril
Din's Curse
Din's Curse: Demon War
Divine Divinity
Door Kickers
Hocus Pocus
Medal of Honor™: Pacific Assault
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest
Nox™
POD Gold
Party Hard
Raiden Legacy
Raptor: Call of the Shadows 2010 Edition
Realms of Chaos
Shadow Watch
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms + Iron Plague
Uprising 2: Lead and Destroy
Uprising: Join or Die
Warlords Battlecry 2

Still plannig to buy about 3-4 additional games. And than stop, so that I can PLAY :)
I think I'm hitting a wall in my library. 500 games on sale, give or take, and I came up with just one to pick up. Well, two, but I'm not yet ready to get The Witcher 3. And it's not that I already have a huge percentage of the catalog - sitting at 312 now with the purchase of Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships yesterday.

Anyway, another nice sale.
iRevolt: Eeeem did anyone noticed that the base price for Dying Light EE increased for this sale, and now while being discounted with same -50% off as previous sales but at a higher base price?

Which currency? Maybe it's GOG's exchange rate adjustment.
It's nice to see another sale. I'll have to take a gander at my wishlist and see if anything pops. :)