It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Joe, Joe, where art thou, Joe? The count of days on thine last post is nearly striking two!

@GR: My condolances!

Cadaver747: SirPrimalform and Caradice are still my suspects, and the more they post the more I get suspicious.
Could you qualify that a bit? What exactly about the posts from each of them is making you more suspicious? (Examples and how you interpret them would be welcome.)

Microfish_1: not willing to vote gogtrial
Eh? What have I done that's making you not willing to vote for me?

ZFR: Next on the list is gogtrial and trent.
Bragging right is one thing, but since it apparently has a serious component, too... Why, for each of us?

I've been looking at the ZFR-zazak-Carradice-Pooka tangle a bit, and am conflicted.

I dislike ZFR's 'strategy' for today. What he claims to have been hoping to see sounds very thin for the amount of antics and how he doubled-down on claiming method to the madness. His "You caught me" response from #109 which earned him my vote way back when also really didn't bring to mind town-ZFR. (@Joe: is that also how you saw it with your "!!! 0:" response?)

I really liked the way zazak started. From the initial strategy of focusing on the first person to "touch" him to how to the point #98 was; it all gave me a very strong(for D1 standards) town read. I strongly dislike #203 however (as pointed out by ZFR in #207; sadly I don't know how much my dislike is influenced by that post from ZFR, as I read both swiftly before starting work, so didn't have time to consider separately).
I think I like his proposal in #236 of "let's consolidate on these bandwagons". I fear that he's trying to steer the narrative, and I dislike that he's including the weak Genocide policy lynch, because there's absolutely nothing we'd learn from that lynch, but I like that he's putting himself up against Carradice; both newish players, admittedly, but also both strong, with forceful stances.
I finally dislike how zazak ignored my questions in #183.

I dislike just as much how Carradice ignored my question in #183 (he might've responded obliquely to the out-of-game part in #187? but nothing on the rest). If zazak hadn't done the same, this would've earned him my vote.
If they were players who'd played together before, I might've suspected zazak and Carradice to be practising extreme distancing. They've been going at it all day long.
Ignoring the tone, the strong stances from #150 made me lean town on Carradice for quite a while.

The recent back and forth with Pooka has been changing that. Tht back and forth feels much more "natural" than Pooka vs zazak. I disliked Pooka's #115 reasoning back when (which completes the loop to ZFR in a minor way), but felt he's been fine otherwise. I liked Pooka contrasting Carradice's "sharp vision" flattery with "lack of imagination" in #231. In general, I like the way Pooka has been really questioning and poking holes into arguments. However, I need to remind myself that being a better "debater" does not equal being town, and I've been burned on seeing Pooka too positively before.

Would be willing to vote all four of these for bringing some clarity. If I've counted correctly, zazak and Carradice both have two votes right now, while ZFR and Pooka have one (the one on ZFR being mine). The tangle in thickest in the middle, so, I'm in the enviable position of getting to claim scummy seat #3 on either zazak or Carradice's wagon.

Magic 8-Ball, who will I vote?
=> Cannot predict now!
Oh yeah, yes/no questions... Bleh.

Meh, what to base my decision on?
I think Carradice has given stronger reads then zazak. That's something to be rewarded...
...but also something that'll provide more clarity.

vote Carradice
zazak09: During RVS I wrote it off as a joke, but I took it seriously when he brought it up again on page 10.

For the record, softclaiming on day one is anti-town (even if bluffing), and would be grounds for an immediate policy lynch on some forums. I was nice about it this time, but if it ever happens again I will go after that person hard.
SirPrimalform: Not here, at least not always. I'd take it on a case by case basis. Please explain why it's always anti-town and grounds for a policy lynch in all circumstances?
It helps Mafia know who to target, without providing any useful information for town (unlike a full claim).
When used as a bluff, it falls under the Lynch all Liars policy. Deception from town only helps scum win.

In what scenario do you think it's a good idea to softclaim on day one?
SirPrimalform: @GR: Really sorry to hear about your cat. I went through something similar about 5 years ago.
Thank you for that.
=============================================

gogtrial34987: Joe, Joe, where art thou, Joe? The count of days on thine last post is nearly striking two!

@GR: My condolances!
Thank you as well.

Also that's right: Where is Joe?
----------------------------------------------------

Maybe the corona ghosts got 'im? o.0

(To all: Bad joke, I know...I am not trying to poke fun at corona with it, btw)
SirPrimalform: No, it was definitely strange. I just thought it best to wait and see what happened. I'm not sure if zazak really didn't understand what you were doing or what.
zazak09: During RVS I wrote it off as a joke, but I took it seriously when he brought it up again on page 10.

For the record, softclaiming on day one is anti-town (even if bluffing), and would be grounds for an immediate policy lynch on some forums. I was nice about it this time, but if it ever happens again I will go after that person hard.
I didn't really softclaim, but let's assume I did. You haven't answered my question:

Why did you, even if you thought I softclaimed, ask for a full claim?

You didn't ask to policy lynch me. You didn't vote me. Heck, you didn't even tell me off. You asked for a full claim. Why on earth would a Town person ask someone who softclaimed to do a full claim? If softclaim on D1 is harmful to Town a full claim is much worse.
gogtrial34987: Tht back and forth feels much more "natural" than Pooka vs zazak.
EBWOP:
That back and forth feels much more "natural" than Carradice vs zazak.
gogtrial34987: His "You caught me" response from #109 which earned him my vote way back when also really didn't bring to mind town-ZFR. (
I've been using this many times as a response to a direct "are you scum" question. It's from my college real life Resistance games. It's a quote from the movie Flightplan which we were watching one day when playing and we've been using it since.

I think I've used it a couple of times on these forums and on the Secret Hitler Discord games too. Off the top of my head:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/captain_sapphire_the_movie_gog_mafia_57/post141
Well I promised I would, so:

Vote Zazak09

(Partially due to his demeanor so far, partially due to trying to get others to claim, and partially due to not having many others on my list & little to go on)

I note that Carradice also is gaining a sizable wagon....won't vote them now, but if they get high enough I likely will switch my vote to avoid nolynch.
ZFR: Next on the list is gogtrial and trent.
gogtrial34987: Bragging right is one thing, but since it apparently has a serious component, too... Why, for each of us?
Nothing I can put my finger on, more of a gut feeling. trent seems less "obstinate" this game. Something feels off about you.
I know it's a weak reason and could be me imaginging things, but this is as good a reason as I can get on D1. You're on Tier 2 because it's nothing concrete.
ZFR: Why did you, even if you thought I softclaimed, ask for a full claim?
To verify whether you are actually town.

Softclaiming is only good for mafia when they want to protect themselves from being lynched, but don't want to risk being counter-claimed. It's trying to have your cake and eat it too.
zazak09: Even if I wanted to share, I doubt I could find them after 5-6 years.
JoeSapphire: But you don't want to share? :c
Joe, your last post reads '2 days ago'. Please return to the game!
SirPrimalform: Not here, at least not always. I'd take it on a case by case basis. Please explain why it's always anti-town and grounds for a policy lynch in all circumstances?
zazak09: It helps Mafia know who to target, without providing any useful information for town (unlike a full claim).
When used as a bluff, it falls under the Lynch all Liars policy. Deception from town only helps scum win.

In what scenario do you think it's a good idea to softclaim on day one?
I never said I thought it was a good idea, I simply said I didn't think it was a "policy lynch in all circumstances" kinda thing.

It's funny, because we had a LAL situation in the previous game, and the biggest proponent of the lynch was our esteemed mod. I was for a lynch at that point, not only because I was mafia but because the circumstances were very different from this.
Lifthrasil: Joe, your last post reads '2 days ago'. Please return to the game!
That reminds me to ask.....just what IS the contingency if someone drops(ill or dead) from corona and cannot play?
========================

Also @Zazak09: Why haven't you questioned my vote or replied to ANY of my replies as of late?
gogtrial34987: His "You caught me" response from #109 which earned him my vote way back when also really didn't bring to mind town-ZFR. (
ZFR: I've been using this many times as a response to a direct "are you scum" question. It's from my college real life Resistance games. It's a quote from the movie Flightplan which we were watching one day when playing and we've been using it since.

I think I've used it a couple of times on these forums and on the Secret Hitler Discord games too. Off the top of my head:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/captain_sapphire_the_movie_gog_mafia_57/post141
OMG u r Zcum For Realz.
:0!!!
Lifthrasil: Joe, your last post reads '2 days ago'. Please return to the game!
GameRager: That reminds me to ask.....just what IS the contingency if someone drops(ill or dead) from corona and cannot play?
As long as it's not more than one player, I can replace them. We have one replacement ready to hop in.
Lifthrasil: As long as it's not more than one player, I can replace them. We have one replacement ready to hop in.
Well hopefully we won't need any more.