It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PookaMustard: (also p.s. feel free to call me a her/she, I won't mind it, but I'm still a guy :P)
Considering the fact that we have just a little over two days before the Day ends I suggest people VOTE who they most suspect right now so we can get a better understanding of where things stand. Waiting till the last minute and then just voting to avoid a no lynch gets us NOWHERE info wise.
PookaMustard: - ZFR is acting weird,
ZFR: Though this be weirdness, yet there is method in 't.

OK, seriously there is a reason for this. I want to see something but it hasn't yet appeared.
How long do you intend to wait? If it doesn't appear, will you explain what you were hoping to see?

zazak09: Gogtrial is defending ZFR, which is another reason to go after him.
Is that how you read my #114, or did something else I did give you an impression of "defending ZFR"?

zazak09: Vote trentonIf

After his last post, I'm more confident lynching him than either Carradice or ZFR.

@PookaMustard
@Gamerager
@Microfish1
@JoeSapphire
@Cadaver

How do you guys feel about hopping on this wagon?
What made you direct your question to this particular cast of players?
Or, if it's easier to answer, what made you not include the other players?

Carradice: Cadaver: Trying to look Town by showing posts with “code”. Yet he fails. The quotes were wrong. SPF’s “code” post was missing and instead gets a post by Carradice. What is worse: even when the “code” was OBVIOUS he failed to break it.
Huh, do you suspect that to be faked?

ZFR: I'm leaning Town on Cadaver
I initially interpreted this read as being due to the ZFR weirdness + "code" misunderstanding, as your post came right afterward. Was it indeed?

Carradice: Dunno if he is new
He is, see the signup thread. (I also referenced that in my prod to him in #105. There seems to be an unusually high percentage of people not reading carefully in this game.)

Carradice: Gogtrial: Ladies and gentlemen, allow for some metaphorehere: Spasmic writing. Wagging of a very rigid yet twisted finger. Fast unfounded assumptions.
To help me calibrate my mental image of how you read things, could you give me two examples where you believe I made "fast unfounded assumptions"?

Out-of-game, and this might be partly a language barrier thing, but you used several turns of phrase in this post which to me sound very harsh ("spiteful" and "spasmic" stood out most). Emotions can run high during mafia games, and there's posturing and pressuring and all of that, but if you're writing like that in good fun, then maybe tone it down just a notch? Particularly as I imagine that many of us are under some pressure out of the game as well, so we should make some effort to keep the game friendly. If on the other hand you were writing harshly like that because you felt it, then please take a step back and give yourself some distance when you need it? No hard feelings from me at all, and I'd like to keep it that way. :)

PookaMustard: I think the three people I suspect, outside of ZFR/trent, are:

- Carradice: seems a heck lot more aggressive for some reason. Down to the tone.
- Cadaver: well, he's picked up some code alright, but that code is so obscenely obvious, you'd think he'd double check to make sure it wasn't another one of our RVS jokes.
- Genocide: "Serious" vote on SPF as I have said earlier, plus lack of activity.

The rest (Microfish, gogtrial, Joe and GameRager) are fine for now.
Two complete newbies, one with a single game behind his belt (though that was an impressive one). It's always so easy to find something "off" about new players, isn't it? Particularly with all the olds hands sticking to their tried and true patterns...

Just a thought: Wouldn't it be more helpful to get the gamestate somewhere useful if you tried engaging these known quantities a bit more, see if they're still fine under pressure?
ZFR: Though this be weirdness, yet there is method in 't.

OK, seriously there is a reason for this. I want to see something but it hasn't yet appeared.
gogtrial34987: How long do you intend to wait? If it doesn't appear, will you explain what you were hoping to see?
Doesn't look like my plan is working.

Answer me, if you were scum, how much would the fact that I was NKed on N1 previous 3 Nights in a row affect whether you NK me or not?
trentonlf: Considering the fact that we have just a little over two days before the Day ends I suggest people VOTE who they most suspect right now so we can get a better understanding of where things stand.
Besides Pooka, do you have any other preferred lynch targets?
Is zazak still in your "won't lynch" pile? Anyone else close to being in there?

gogtrial34987: How long do you intend to wait? If it doesn't appear, will you explain what you were hoping to see?
ZFR: Doesn't look like my plan is working.

Answer me, if you were scum, how much would the fact that I was NKed on N1 previous 3 Nights in a row affect whether you NK me or not?
If I was scum, and you weren't, I think that'd depend strongly on the overall game state, and any suspicions on me and my scum buddies. I'd still NK you if it was the obvious best move, but all other things being the same, I suspect I'd try to let you play another day even if it wouldn't be optimal play.
PookaMustard: Interesting. You're a lot more observant and active this game than the last, when you were scum. That is enough to make me do this:
You say that, but I was accused of being 'too active' in the last game, so...

zazak09: The only way out of RVS is by making a weak argument. There's simply not enough information to do otherwise.

And yes, the #1 strategy for town winning is accusing players in order to gauge reactions. That's why it's so essential to push bandwagons on day one, so we can analyze where everyone stood the next day.
I don't disagree, but that technique is also a great way for scum to throttle back if people become suspicious.

____

I didn't earlier because it felt like OMGUS and I am loath to lynch a newbie on the first day, but Genny hasn't exactly been forthcoming, so
vote Genocide
@Trent: Agreed on the need to vote. More below.

@Joe: Nice that you bring the charts to the table, hehe. There were two considerations, one was that people like ZFR and Trent did not seem to like them so much. Still think that they help Town more than they help mafia in most situations, especially on the first Days, for negotiation of bandwagons, but also for bringing the light on second tier suspects that make efforts to avoid the spotlight. The second consideration is that, in this game, struggles with time are preventing working on them so far. Still did not run even the simulations. But if the situation changes and there is demand for them, why not. Also, about hypotetical conflict of interest, it would be the same: if scum, would try to make the best use of them, to the best of personal and team ability to engineer bandwagons and whatnot. In mafia #64, did not like at all the large potential bandwagons on Micro and Fllocke but still proceeded. Anyway, anything that prevents the game from stalling is a bonus for everyone, scum included, as seen from here.

PookaMustard: Concerned about Genocide. Has a "serious" vote on SPF for some reason, and ever since RVS, with little explanation of why it's so. Don't have any sort of meta-reads on him (that is reads from how he plays in other games) to better gauge where he leans. Suffice to say that I currently suspect him.
[...]
- Carradice: seems a heck lot more aggressive for some reason. Down to the tone.
Probably right in both statements, as usual, with that sharp vision that again and again came to the rescue in mafia #64.

About Genocide, it would be interesting to hear about his reasons for the vote on SPF. In any case, if he is new to the game then he is not to be touched on Day 1. He has that time to learn the ropes and make himself comfortable for an exciting Day 2.

About Zazak, not a new player and so far that would be the most solid stuff, but of course this is just the beginning and based only on first impressions.

About the second statement, again, probably right together with Genocide. No hard feelings, just expressions. Apologies to all the puss... er, sensitive souls :) :) :) No, really, love to all. We are going to have a great #65 game. Will work on drawing inspiration from timeless spiritual figures who firmly stayed in the path of love and patience: Job, Gandhi, M. L. K., Bert.

Would ask for a group hug but, you know, distance (2 m, 6 feet, whatever you prefer). Peace.
JoeSapphire: gogtrial - trially and full of gog as ever. It's hard to picture him as scum, but it's early days yet
So, big bro, I've been wondering... How come you haven't engaged me at all? No heart-to-hearts, no looking me in the eye forcing the truth out of me... What has happened?

JoeSapphire: zazak - clearly knows his stuff. dedicated enough to claim to do research. Heck, might even have done the research! Terrifying!
I think it's been well established that 3rd party-you finds researchy players terrifying. Scum-you undoubtedly has the same. But town-you? Really for realZ?
gogtrial34987: If I was scum, and you weren't, I think that'd depend strongly on the overall game state, and any suspicions on me and my scum buddies. I'd still NK you if it was the obvious best move, but all other things being the same, I suspect I'd try to let you play another day even if it wouldn't be optimal play.
Thank you for your answer.

I was trying to see who would berate me for revealing I had a role. And who, if any, would be the third person to jump on my wagon.

None of these happened. The only reaction was you saying you think I'm scum and placing a first vote on me which you later removed. I guess everyone thought I was joking?
ZFR: I was trying to see who would berate me for revealing I had a role. And who, if any, would be the third person to jump on my wagon.

None of these happened. The only reaction was you saying you think I'm scum and placing a first vote on me which you later removed. I guess everyone thought I was joking?
Here, one who did.
gogtrial34987: I initially interpreted this read as being due to the ZFR weirdness + "code" misunderstanding, as your post came right afterward. Was it indeed?
The whole "code" thing gave me Flocke vibe, who was Town and genuinely thought he was onto something.
ZFR: I was trying to see who would berate me for revealing I had a role.
Would berating you be a scum-tell or a town-tell?

gogtrial34987: I initially interpreted this read as being due to the ZFR weirdness + "code" misunderstanding, as your post came right afterward. Was it indeed?
ZFR: The whole "code" thing gave me Flocke vibe, who was Town and genuinely thought he was onto something.
*nods* Me too. And Joe as well from his reads list. Yet Pooka and Carradice appear to read it as too obvious (and thus fake) - which, well, I can see that PoV too.
Could you re-examine the post from that angle, and see how you interpret it afterward?
@Joe, same question for you?
ZFR: Thank you for your answer.

I was trying to see who would berate me for revealing I had a role. And who, if any, would be the third person to jump on my wagon.

So you weren't joking? Dude...you really messed up then if true (unless you are a bomb, in which case fair play).
@Joe

My bragging rights trio: the two players with "tr" in their name, and the half of the Unbeatable Duo that isn't writing this post.
SirPrimalform: You say that, but I was accused of being 'too active' in the last game, so...
You're more active but producing content that I believe is of substance, and you're trying to scumhunt. It isn't "information over analysis" as yogsloth put it in the previous game.

gogtrial34987: Just a thought: Wouldn't it be more helpful to get the gamestate somewhere useful if you tried engaging these known quantities a bit more, see if they're still fine under pressure?
Yes, I must. I have the time for this now.

Microfish_1: Except for 57 & 64, when i was surprisingly free of IRL duties and had time to devote to the game. Also, in 64, I felt pressured into a lunch and came out swinging to stay alive..
Micro seems a little absent this game, but I took his last post as indication that he isn't free this time around. I wonder if he's going to drop us a post with actual substance, reads, all that stuff, before the Day wraps up, which is sooner than I had expected to be honest. Otherwise he ends Day 1 with barely anything tangible.

Carradice: Probably right in both statements, as usual, with that sharp vision that again and again came to the rescue in mafia #64.
Well that's good feedback to know.

Carradice: About Genocide, it would be interesting to hear about his reasons for the vote on SPF. In any case, if he is new to the game then he is not to be touched on Day 1. He has that time to learn the ropes and make himself comfortable for an exciting Day 2.
I'm leaning on not voting him for the time being. The guy's fresh and hasn't outed himself as scum (in which case he gets the vote), but I still can't help but find his vote on SPF weird, lacking and suspicious. To put it in better words, I think he is scum who panicked and doubled down on his vote the way he did. I would like him to show up and explain everything before we commit to lynching him.
Genocide2099: Got it. It was not an RVS vote. hahaha. I'll stand by it for now. We still have until Friday.
So tell me Geno, why should I not vote you?

Carradice: About the second statement, again, probably right together with Genocide. No hard feelings, just expressions. Apologies to all the puss... er, sensitive souls :) :) :) No, really, love to all. We are going to have a great #65 game. Will work on drawing inspiration from timeless spiritual figures who firmly stayed in the path of love and patience: Job, Gandhi, M. L. K., Bert.
Okay, they're just expressions. But why are you using them in this expanded capacity? I only remember once last game when you gave Flocke a mouthful of words, but now you're giving nearly everyone that. In this fine game of Mafia, these "just expressions" are also a big deal in of themselves, and might let us into something that, I don't know, you may be hiding.