It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Carradice: Pro-Town gameplay consists in help hunting scum as the first priority, and GameRager knows that well. Attacking others just out of fear for one’s sorry ass deserves a number of labels, let us leave it at anti-town. GameRager know all this, but of course he likes to play the contrarian.
They "attacked" someone? What do you mean? Which posts of their and how?

(My mind is on other things as well atm, so a quick refresher would be appreciated if you could oblige)

As for anti vs pro town.....as I said: I think the point of a game should be primarily to have fun in a good manner with fellow players....everything else comes second(though helping one's team win is a close second).

Carradice: An aside: all the sympathy to the feline friend... Hopefully she has her favourite toys around. Even if she is not strong enough for playing, just having them nearby might provide some measure of comfort. At least that is the way with dogs.
She does....also catnip and such. Also thanks for saying that.
SirPrimalform: Just to be clear, I stuck a :P at the end in the hope you wouldn't read it with the tone you seem to have done. Oh well, I guess :P isn't an airtight way of preventing people from taking you seriously. No anger was intended, I assure you.
Understood. No hard feelings.

SirPrimalform: 1. It seems pretty Trenty to me. If you can elaborate, please do.
A typical mafia strategy is to endorse a townie making a weak case early in the game, without actually vocalizing support for it. I suspect that was what Trent's intention.

trentonlf: 6. Lynching me would be lynching a Town player.
Who do you suggest we vote for instead? Like I said before, my #1 objective is preventing a no lynch on day one.
zazak09: A typical mafia strategy is to endorse a townie making a weak case early in the game, without actually vocalizing support for it. I suspect that was what Trent's intention.
The townie making the weak case in this instance was you making a case against Microfish?
Been reading the posts I've missed. Initially, I voted for SirPrimalform because he just sounds so shady. But now, I'm also suspicious of Cadaver747. I'm really bad at reading people so I just rely on instincts. My vote is still on SirPrimalform but keeping an eye on Cadaver747.

Just a heads up, I've played Avalon and Dead of Winter. I suck at both. lol
SirPrimalform: Just to be clear, I stuck a :P at the end in the hope you wouldn't read it with the tone you seem to have done. Oh well, I guess :P isn't an airtight way of preventing people from taking you seriously. No anger was intended, I assure you.
zazak09: Understood. No hard feelings.

SirPrimalform: 1. It seems pretty Trenty to me. If you can elaborate, please do.
zazak09: A typical mafia strategy is to endorse a townie making a weak case early in the game, without actually vocalizing support for it. I suspect that was what Trent's intention.

trentonlf: 6. Lynching me would be lynching a Town player.
zazak09: Who do you suggest we vote for instead? Like I said before, my #1 objective is preventing a no lynch on day one.
I’ve already cast my vote on Pooka and they are who I think we should lynch, but you have already stated they are your strongest Town read so I would assume you are not going to vote them.
Genocide2099: Initially, I voted for SirPrimalform because he just sounds so shady.
Wait... you mean that wasn't an RVS vote?
SirPrimalform: The townie making the weak case in this instance was you making a case against Microfish?
Yes, I did it mainly to get us out of RVS and see how people reacted. Trent's reaction I believe was a scum tell.

trentonlf: I’ve already cast my vote on Pooka and they are who I think we should lynch, but you have already stated they are your strongest Town read so I would assume you are not going to vote them.
Sorry, the vote count mistake on the previous page through me off.

Pooka is strongly leaning town, but if the alternative is a no lynch I would vote for her. No lynches are the worst case scenario on day one, which I don't think everyone here realizes.
Genocide2099: Initially, I voted for SirPrimalform because he just sounds so shady.
SirPrimalform: Wait... you mean that wasn't an RVS vote?
What's an RVS vote? If you mean legit, then yeah. I voted against you. Not taking it back...for now.
Genocide2099: What's an RVS vote? If you mean legit, then yeah. I voted against you. Not taking it back...for now.
RVS is Random Vote Stage. At the beginning of the game we tend to make joke posts and votes just to break the ice. I had yet to make a serious post in the game when you voted and took yours to not be serious either. But sure, keep your unsubstantiated vote where it is. It's not like you gave me anything to actually respond to anyway.
zazak09: Pooka is strongly leaning town
Why?
SirPrimalform: Wait... you mean that wasn't an RVS vote?
Genocide2099: What's an RVS vote? If you mean legit, then yeah. I voted against you. Not taking it back...for now.
Hi there. RVS is an acronym for Radom Voting Stage. Meaning, a phase at the very beginning of the game where people vote for each other in a whimsical way, mostly for no real reason. Players gauge the reactions to these semi-random votes and eventually observations and votes become serious. At that point it is said that the game has left the random voting stage.

This is something that happened spontaneously at first, but eventually it has become almost a sort of tradition or ritual, along with fads for scumtells that have been evolving with time. In the short history of the game, mafiia/werewolf has become a very meta proposition, overall.

Others might offer complementary views, but that is the basics of RVS.
Carradice: Hi there. RVS is an acronym for Radom Voting Stage. Meaning, a phase at the very beginning of the game where people vote for each other in a whimsical way, mostly for no real reason. Players gauge the reactions to these semi-random votes and eventually observations and votes become serious. At that point it is said that the game has left the random voting stage.

This is something that happened spontaneously at first, but eventually it has become almost a sort of tradition or ritual, along with fads for scumtells that have been evolving with time. In the short history of the game, mafiia/werewolf has become a very meta proposition, overall.

Others might offer complementary views, but that is the basics of RVS.
Got it. It was not an RVS vote. hahaha. I'll stand by it for now. We still have until Friday.
zazak09: Yes, I did it mainly to get us out of RVS and see how people reacted. Trent's reaction I believe was a scum tell.
Ah, the old "I was intentionally making a bad argument to get reactions"...
Whole lotta posts.

trentonlf: What does it matter what he or anyone else reacted to in that post. Is it wrong for someone to bring the game out of RVS? You make it seem like a bad thing that ZFR didn’t comment on it. You’re casting shade on ZFR by giving a negative vibe to him not responding to a post and that is trying to dictate how others ahold respond. Putting someone on the defensive is how scum play. So as I said IMO it’s a scummy play what you said.
OK, I understand where you come from now that you put it like this. I wasn't casting shade, just unsure how to see it, particularly since he took the effort to address one of the things zazak said, but the only thing he replied to him about was...the her thing. That said, I can't help but feel, as zazak is saying, that you jumped on me opportunistically, even though your reasons for suspecting me are valid.

ZFR: Yet you singled me out?
When scrolling through the posts, I noticed you. I'll admit I didn't do well in this area, and should've been more vigilant - hopeful I do a more comprehensive post in one of my evenings.

----
Concerned about Genocide. Has a "serious" vote on SPF for some reason, and ever since RVS, with little explanation of why it's so. Don't have any sort of meta-reads on him (that is reads from how he plays in other games) to better gauge where he leans. Suffice to say that I currently suspect him.

Also interested in hearing why you think I'm town. Especially since you said earlier that I tried to dismiss you.
(also p.s. feel free to call me a her/she, I won't mind it, but I'm still a guy :P)

SirPrimalform: The dance you, Zazak and Trent are doing together is interesting.
Interesting. You're a lot more observant and active this game than the last, when you were scum. That is enough to make me do this:
Unvote SPF.

I think the three people I suspect, outside of ZFR/trent, are:

- Carradice: seems a heck lot more aggressive for some reason. Down to the tone.
- Cadaver: well, he's picked up some code alright, but that code is so obscenely obvious, you'd think he'd double check to make sure it wasn't another one of our RVS jokes.
- Genocide: "Serious" vote on SPF as I have said earlier, plus lack of activity.

The rest (Microfish, gogtrial, Joe and GameRager) are fine for now. Micro and Rager are playing the same way they did, and gogtrial is just as I remember from #59. Joe is par for the course.
SirPrimalform: Ah, the old "I was intentionally making a bad argument to get reactions"...
The only way out of RVS is by making a weak argument. There's simply not enough information to do otherwise.

And yes, the #1 strategy for town winning is accusing players in order to gauge reactions. That's why it's so essential to push bandwagons on day one, so we can analyze where everyone stood the next day.

Its been at least 5 years since I last played forum Mafia, but I had a good win ratio as both town and scum. I'd like to think I know what I'm doing.

ZFR: Why?
Because if he's not town, then his mafia strategy is terrible. I know Pooka isn't an amateur, so he's probably town.