It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: Did a quick bit of research on Magnetic Scrolls. They were acquired by MicroProse, who was then acquired by Hasbro Interactive, finally to end up with Infogrames. However, since we have a number of the MicroProse titles here from that time period, it may be possible that the Magnetic Scrolls titles are also available.

I realise that text adventures with minimal graphics might be a hard sell to GOG (at least Zork has name recognition). But I'm going to try to reach out to Ken Gordon on LinkedIn anyway to see where the rights may lie.
At least The Legacy: Realm of Terror should be here.
SLP2000: At least The Legacy: Realm of Terror should be here.
Agreed, and that's one of the ones I'm hoping to secure. An anthology edition of the earlier games might be an easier sell as well (and in fact a partial collection was released back in the day).
IAmSinistar: Agreed, and that's one of the ones I'm hoping to secure. An anthology edition of the earlier games might be an easier sell as well (and in fact a partial collection was released back in the day).
Microprose, huh? I have a nagging feeling that we might see those games brought to Steam by Night Dive/Retroism.
Post edited March 23, 2015 by Grargar
Grargar: Microprose, huh? I have a nagging feeling that we might see those games brought to Steam by Night Dive/Retroism.
Honestly, apart from The Legacy, I could easily see these games languishing forever as a "niche interest" thing. Only GOG seems like the right place for them. And even then I'm not all too sure I can convince GOG of that.
IAmSinistar: Agreed, and that's one of the ones I'm hoping to secure. An anthology edition of the earlier games might be an easier sell as well (and in fact a partial collection was released back in the day).
Grargar: Microprose, huh? I have a nagging feeling that we might see those games brought to Steam by Night Dive/Retroism.
Retroism is a name that Tommo uses, the Magnetic Scrolls games don't appear anywhere on that legal document of old Atari titles they bought though, AFAIK, I can dig it out for you if you like...
IAmSinistar: Honestly, apart from The Legacy, I could easily see these games languishing forever as a "niche interest" thing. Only GOG seems like the right place for them. And even then I'm not all too sure I can convince GOG of that.
Yeah, they don't seem to have got any more Infocom adventures after the Zork anthology, although that might be down to Activision's apathy, who knows? It still weirds me out that Planetfall is included in that thing too - especially without its sequel - Stationfall!
Post edited March 25, 2015 by Fever_Discordia
Fever_Discordia: Retroism is a name that Tommo uses, the Magnetic Scrolls games don't appear anywhere on that legal document of old Atari titles they bought though, AFAIK, I can dig it out for you if you like...
I know what Retroism is. Still, if none of those games were mentioned in the auction of Atari IPs' document, then I suppose that Atari didn't sell them. That, or they were sold in a different, unrelated to the auction, purchase (like Atari selling Civilization and X-Com to Take-Two).
Fever_Discordia: Retroism is a name that Tommo uses, the Magnetic Scrolls games don't appear anywhere on that legal document of old Atari titles they bought though, AFAIK, I can dig it out for you if you like...
Grargar: I know what Retroism is. Still, if none of those games were mentioned in the auction of Atari IPs' document, then I suppose that Atari didn't sell them. That, or they were sold in a different, unrelated to the auction, purchase (like Atari selling Civilization and X-Com to Take-Two).
Yeah Atari just released Locomotion on Steam so there ARE still some signs of life from them, maybe they do still have the Mag Scrolls rights...
Fever_Discordia: Yeah Atari just released Locomotion on Steam so there ARE still some signs of life from them, maybe they do still have the Mag Scrolls rights...
I've got a couple contacts at Atari, I can ask them. And I'd love to see the rest of the Infocom catalogue here, not sure why that hasn't been released either.
Here's a PC Gamer article on some big missing games like System Shock, Full Throttle, SWAT 4, Black and White 1 + 2, etc. and the problems with these games getting a digital re-release.
http://www.pcgamer.com/lost-in-limbo-on-the-hunt-for-pc-gamings-abandoned-classics/
SCPM: Here's a PC Gamer article on some big missing games like System Shock, Full Throttle, SWAT 4, Black and White 1 + 2, etc. and the problems with these games getting a digital re-release.
http://www.pcgamer.com/lost-in-limbo-on-the-hunt-for-pc-gamings-abandoned-classics/
If it's true that EA has the rights to Black and White, then count me confused as to why they haven't bothered releasing them yet.
SCPM: Here's a PC Gamer article on some big missing games like System Shock, Full Throttle, SWAT 4, Black and White 1 + 2, etc. and the problems with these games getting a digital re-release.
Once again, fuck EA. If some stuffed shirt thinks there's a snowball's chance one more drop of profit can be wrung from something, they seem content to sit on it until the final trump sounds.
IAmSinistar: Once again, fuck EA. If some stuffed shirt thinks there's a snowball's chance one more drop of profit can be wrung from something, they seem content to sit on it until the final trump sounds.
I am still wondering if they will release at least Crysis 1 here.
Grargar: If it's true that EA has the rights to Black and White, then count me confused as to why they haven't bothered releasing them yet.
I am wondering why Wizardry 1 through 5 is not in that article?
I'm trying to find out who owns the rights for Chasm: The Rift. Not sure there's anything complicated about it, I haven't started any research yet. If anyone knows, let me know plox.
jefequeso: I'm trying to find out who owns the rights for Chasm: The Rift. Not sure there's anything complicated about it, I haven't started any research yet. If anyone knows, let me know plox.
SCPM at least was working on that. I don't know what the latest is (presumably it's not a great outlook :-/) but you can look over some of the posts:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_search_for_game_rights_a_diaryesque_thread?search=chasm%20rift
Post edited June 15, 2015 by tfishell