It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looks like ending boss fight is just a f*cking QTE :o)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYCg69ycThA

God bless youtube for watching this disaster instead of paying to "play" it.... Makes me remember I still have MetalGearSolid 2&3 to play on my Vita, back in the days when gameplay meant something...
catpower1980: Looks like ending boss fight is just a f*cking QTE :o)

God bless youtube for watching this disaster instead of paying to "play" it.... Makes me remember I still have MetalGearSolid 2&3 to play on my Vita, back in the days when gameplay meant something...
The recent Co-Optional Podcast TB & JessieCox talked about this for 40 minutes, apparently a number of games have a QTE for the final boss. The only cases i've actually played that was like that was Prototype 2, and it was a bit annoying, sorta Rock-Paper-Scissors, and Beyond two souls (which was all one big QTE).

They also mentioned you could really see where the devs were going one direction and then apparently it was forced in another direction probably by choices made by upper management.

I kinda hope the gaming crash comes already and wipes away all the Triple A devs that are full of themselves and we can start again with people who want to make games... Oh and remove all the crappy games and F2P's on android & iOS...
This will be free on Plus before X-Mas 2016, lol.
And it will be 30€ within three months.
its mass effect all over again
rtcvb32: I kinda hope the gaming crash comes already and wipes away all the Triple A devs that are full of themselves and we can start again with people who want to make games... Oh and remove all the crappy games and F2P's on android & iOS...
oh promises promises
Post edited February 20, 2015 by snowkatt
snowkatt: its mass effect all over again
MAss Effect at least was a proper game, not a five hours long QTE with no choices and no replay value at all.
Mabe it's a good game, I don't know because I'm not interested in it, but I think is a customer's right thinking about a money spent/quality/replay value feature.
If a game is 71€ (like the price of The Order in Italy), I complete it in two sittings from 2.5 hours each, is a very bad deal.
Yes, you can give it back, but usually the maximum amount you get for a new game is half a price, so 35€.
It is still a bad deal.

But anyway, I think shitting on developers or be a haters is not the answer. The answer is: vote with your wallet.
If you don't like five hours game for 71€, don't buy them, the industry will understand this, and they won't produce five hours games for 71€ anymore.
The answer is always voting with your wallet, it's the only thing a customer can do.
snowkatt: its mass effect all over again
ThePunishedSnake: MAss Effect at least was a proper game, not a five hours long QTE with no choices and no replay value at all.

But anyway, I think shitting on developers or be a haters is not the answer. The answer is: vote with your wallet.
If you don't like five hours game for 71€, don't buy them, the industry will understand this, and they won't produce five hours games for 71€ anymore.
The answer is always voting with your wallet, it's the only thing a customer can do.
mass effect 3 was also hyped up to the hilt with a crap ending

and i dont have a ps4 so i am not apt to buy this game anyway
and even if i did i am not interested

and that there is the problem
people keep buying this crap regardless

and in sufficient numbers for upper managment to justify their decisions
Sad to see that the biggest video game budgets are used to make games for people who don't like video games.
Ah, yes. The "cinematic experience" game. We can't maintain a steady framerate so we will cut off a third part of the screen, lock frames at 30 and call it a design decision. What's even funnier about that boss fight is that it reuses most animations from an earlier chapter. I admit I haven't played the game (and I don't intend to), but from the pre-release videos I got the impression that the setting was the only thing this game had in its favour.
rtcvb32: I kinda hope the gaming crash comes already
snowkatt: oh promises promises
I'm just sick of the current BS we're stuck with, mostly due to corporations...
Paradoks: What's even funnier about that boss fight is that it reuses most animations from an earlier chapter.
Chapter 4 if i'm not mistaken, the whole fight is identical except reskinned...

Course i only know this from Co-Optional...
Post edited February 20, 2015 by rtcvb32
So this is what final boss battles look like nowadays. *chuckles*
So challenging! So much freedom of choice!
Post edited February 20, 2015 by Pardinuz
Pardinuz: So this is what final boss battles look like nowadays. *chuckles*
So challenging! So much freedom of choice!
i dont like boss battles anyway
even before the "cinematic"experience
always felt they were just an arbitrary and artificial speedbump on my way to progress and finsihing the damn game

i loath boss battles
Heh, QTE... but apparently some ppl like them, I mean... I alrdy saw few 9/10 reviews...
Paradoks: Ah, yes. The "cinematic experience" game. We can't maintain a steady framerate so we will cut off a third part of the screen, lock frames at 30 and call it a design decision. What's even funnier about that boss fight is that it reuses most animations from an earlier chapter. I admit I haven't played the game (and I don't intend to), but from the pre-release videos I got the impression that the setting was the only thing this game had in its favour.
I think this is it. The ads and videos for it make it sounds really interesting and unusual and that will probably be what sells it (to people who haven't done any research and found it's not worth the price).

It's a shame, because it does sound like an interesting setting and story that could have been a great game if they'd actually made a game instead of just seeing how many polygons they could get on the screen at once....
snowkatt: i loath boss battles
How does TB put it? Boss battles should be the accumulation of knowledge, experience, growth and equipment that you learned and got through the entire game to that point?

QTE's would be anti-experience since it's just that, a QTE...
the only way a QTE is somewhat acceptable in a boss battle if its the finishing move only, being both spectacular and not to difficult). This is why the QTE in the bosses of the force unleashed didn't bother me to much (also, at some points if you fail there and just spam saber attacks on enemy they die as well, expect not spectacularly).