It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Urnoev: Game: Mount & Blade: Warband

Yes, a native Linux port for this game exists.
Thanks. I kept getting interrupted when I was going to add this. AppDB is a bit of a mess here. Could you also add the Warband link that's under Mount&Blade?
IMO, the intro paragraph would go better above Install notes.

JudasIscariot: I can check later, of course :)
It's here and thanks!
Post edited March 04, 2017 by Gydion
Urnoev: Game: Mount & Blade: Warband

Yes, a native Linux port for this game exists.
Gydion: Thanks. I kept getting interrupted when I was going to add this. AppDB is a bit of a mess here. Could you also add the Warband link that's under Mount&Blade?
IMO, the intro paragraph would go better above Install notes.
Sure, done. :)
TW3 with staging patches applied to Wine 2.3 + buffer pool patch is now getting more decent framerate and actually starts looking playable for the first time.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
Kernel: 4.9.0-1-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit)
Card: NVIDIA G80 [GeForce 8800 GTX]
GLX Renderer: GeForce 8800 GTX/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.102
Installer files:
MD5 (setup_the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_2.3.0.11.exe) = 460cbe3a073472c4a598bd6e1b4214bd (GOG-11)
MD5 (setup_the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_2.3.0.11-1.bin) = d6ff25d13007322e046fca3eddbf2598 (GOG-11)
Wine version: Wine 2.2
AppDB entry

This installer also "gained" achievements. I suggest running in a network namespace with only a separate localhost IP:
Gydion: Whatever function in the included Galaxy.dll in the game directory (the game has Galaxy achievements) that's called every time the game is started attempts to connect to a hard-coded IP (seriously GOG a hard-coded IP?) for achievement synchronization. According to Sara this isn't intentional, but who knows how well the functions are documented. I also find this behavior offensive. Given we are running Linux we can just run it in a network namespace (do that) with no net access, block it with a firewall, etc, etc.
Install notes:
Only tested with a 32-bit prefix. Needs the following for working movies: winetricks amstream quartz xvid and an override for winegstreamer (disabled). At which point the logo video hung until skipped. This was among the few lines on the console: fixme:msacm:acmFormatEnumW Unsupported fdwEnum values 00100000. Believe it's quartz winetricks related. A wineboot -u resolves whatever it is and movies play correctly in that prefix thereafter.

I would launch the config utility first (settings I used): wine Config.exe
Resolution: desktop (e.g. 1080p, 1440p)
Texture Quality: Standard
Texture Filtering: Anisotropic
Mipmapping: On
Frame Limiter: Auto
Vertical Synchronization: checked
Render Target: On
Shadow: High
High Resolution Fonts: checked
Hardware Vertex Shading: checked
High Resolution Assets: checked
Borderless Window: checked
Disable Movies: both unchecked
Start with ed6_win.exe.

I did a complete play through using keyboard/mouse with one of the early 1.9.x builds. Except for the clear save (did under Windows). Loaded the last save and successfully created a new clear save in 2.2. :)
Briefly tested my DS3 pad in Wine 2.2 (picked event on a whim [wine control - disabled js]) and everything works well.

Recap:
wine setup_the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_2.3.0.11.exe
winetricks amstream quartz xvid
wineboot -u
winecfg [winegstreamer set to disabled]
wine control joy.cpl (if using joystick)
wine Config.exe
wine start /unix $FULLPATHTOGAME/ed6_win.exe
Attachments:
Post edited March 17, 2017 by Gydion
TaxAkla: Anyone can say how GOG's BROTHERS: A TALE OF TWO SONS works with Wine?
Bump. The thread search suggests this never got a reply...
TaxAkla: Anyone can say how GOG's BROTHERS: A TALE OF TWO SONS works with Wine?
Shadowcat: Bump. The thread search suggests this never got a reply...
I haven't tested it but, from what I know about the game, is that it almost requires a controller to play and has this bug report about gamepad support: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=38816
JudasIscariot: I haven't tested it but, from what I know about the game, is that it almost requires a controller to play and has this bug report about gamepad support: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=38816
Who do I have to bribe to get you to test dying light? ;-)
JudasIscariot: I haven't tested it but, from what I know about the game, is that it almost requires a controller to play and has this bug report about gamepad support: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=38816
clarry: Who do I have to bribe to get you to test dying light? ;-)
Hmmm last time I tested it (somewhere in the 1.9.X series) it would not run and would just crash. If you wait a bit, I'd like to see if some new D3D11 features make it in and then test it :)

See the latest D3D11 features waiting for approval here: https://source.winehq.org/patches/
Game: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Installer MD5: 990776750332d7a817978dbcd9dff520 setup_brothers_a_tale_of_two_sons_2.0.0.2.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=15549

Distro: Arch Linux 64 bits
Kernel version: 4.9.11-1
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary, v378.13
Wine version tested: Wine v2.3 Staging with CSMT enabled

Installation: Only tried it on a clean 32-bit prefix. I had to install the following winetricks:
· dotnet40: for the game to run at all
· xact_jun2010: to prevent random voice clips from being played incessantly

How well does it run: Run/create a link to the Brothers.exe binary located in the Binaries/Win32 directory (as BrothersLauncher.exe doesn't work). It seems to run perfect. I've played the first chapter without a single issue. I've had to play it with the keyboard (WASD + spacebar for the older brother and Cursor keys + Right Ctrl for the younger) since gamepads don't work as pointed out by Judas. It gets somewhat confusing at times, but this is mostly when the older brother (which you control with your left hand) is on the right hand side of the screen and vice versa. But you'd have the same problem if you played with a controller, so...
Post edited March 07, 2017 by muntdefems
clarry: Who do I have to bribe to get you to test dying light? ;-)
Alright so I tested it with Wine 2.3 and Wine 2.3 Staging.

Wine 2.3:

Pink or fuschia screen throughout the whole test but can hear audio just fine.

Wine 2.3 Staging:

The intro movies play just fine except for the one just before the game hands control of the player character to you. That movie has this weird shake to it as if someone was constantly shaking the camera.

As for how the game looks in Wine 2.3 Staging, this is me right after the intro sequence ends and I have control of the player character and I am inside a building and this is me a few feet further looking down and still inside a building.

Long story short: still very much unplayable.

I also turned off or turned down every possible setting so what you are seeing is the game without Depth of Field, antialiasing, HBAO+ or any other Nvidia-specific bells and whistles.
Post edited March 07, 2017 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Long story short: still very much unplayable.

I also turned off or turned down every possible setting so what you are seeing is the game without Depth of Field, antialiasing, HBAO+ or any other Nvidia-specific bells and whistles.
Thanks a lot for testing.

I will keep waiting for now.
shmerl: TW3 with staging patches applied to Wine 2.3 + buffer pool patch is now getting more decent framerate and actually starts looking playable for the first time.
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/wine-23-released-with-more-direct3d-command-stream-and-shader-model-5-work.9236/comment_id=87500

A few more screens from the Nvidia side. :-)
muntdefems: Game: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
That's excellent, thank you muntdefems.
Nice to hear there is progress on The Witcher 3.
It's a long shot, but since there is the current sale and all, has anyone tried Lichdom recently?
Rixasha: Nice to hear there is progress on The Witcher 3.
It's a long shot, but since there is the current sale and all, has anyone tried Lichdom recently?
I have.

In Staging you can get to the main menu and even attempt to start the game (it then crashes). Wine bug report: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42368

In vanilla Wine, all you get is a green screen. Wine bug report: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=40428
Post edited March 08, 2017 by JudasIscariot