It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gydion: Quick update, I took another look at current versions of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky games. I was able to have working videos with Wine 2.2, winetricks amstream quartz xvid, and adding an override for winegstreamer set to disabled. I'll see if I can't do a proper report in the next week or so.

Spy_Gentleman: Updated it.
Gydion: Still needs the time tested with each particular version, thanks. Additionally, the broken link in BloodRayne 2 report.
rampancy: I was about to write a reply to you with screenshots when I realized I'd completely misread that post and thought he was talking about the original Sword of the Stars. :P
Gydion: Forget if I mentioned this before, but it works just fine for me with a NVIDIA GPU. A Staging build with CSMT is a huge win for even mid-game battles even if it does add a bit of chop to the galaxy map.
Working videos in Trails, that has just made my weekend :D I will try it asap. Thankss
SOTS: The Pit is working well so far, thanks a bunch!

As for SOTS Complete Collection, I've been reading up and the issue with tactical appears to be hardware-based for some reason. If you run Nvidia you're fine, if you're running Intel you're sunk. This isn't an issue with the game itself, is it? The only other machine I've run the recent GOG package on was a windows that had an AMD chipset.
Post edited February 23, 2017 by Projectsonic
Did anyone notice? Latest wine-staging is hanging hard on TW3, even keyboard stops working. I can't even reboot my computer except by logging over ssh from another machine.
shmerl: Did anyone notice? Latest wine-staging is hanging hard on TW3, even keyboard stops working. I can't even reboot my computer except by logging over ssh from another machine.
Has there been anything in your wine log that's clued you into what's happening?

Speaking of the latest wine-staging, it still doesn't offer any fixes for Xanadu Next, does it? :(
Ganni1987: Working videos in Trails, that has just made my weekend :D I will try it asap. Thankss
I did need to run wineboot -u after the winetricks step or it would just sit at a black screen for the logo video until skipped. I fixed that before trying the game videos.
rampancy: Has there been anything in your wine log that's clued you into what's happening?
Nothing very apparent. I opened a bug about it.
Edit: So I got Army Men II and Army Men: Toys in Space working quite well on OS X through WINE...but it's a build of vanilla WINE 2.2 with additional patches applied to address the long standing issue of graphical flickering in fullscreen on OS X. With vanilla or staging 2.2, both games suffer from graphical flickering.

Would it be acceptable to write a formal report noting that I used a build of vanilla WINE with some extra OS X-specific patches? (The flickering bug is unique to OS X), or should such reports be restricted solely only to WINE with no additional patches?
Post edited February 24, 2017 by rampancy
What's the status of the Hidden & Dangerous games?

H&D2 seems very promising judging by:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18390

H&D Deluxe also seems fine for single-player:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=4392

All reports are old, though...
Shadowcat: What's the status of the Hidden & Dangerous games?

H&D2 seems very promising judging by:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18390

H&D Deluxe also seems fine for single-player:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=4392

All reports are old, though...
I'd be happy to test it out if someone is willing to gift it to me. :P
Could anyone already make Hidden & Dangerous 1 and 2 run properly on Wine? I tried it myself but had graphic glitches like missing/invisible landscape textures. The only thing I found out is, when I use the CX versions of Wine the video with the logo in the back of the main menu isn't stuttering and runs smoothly but the problems with the missing textures presist.
Silverhawk170485: Could anyone already make Hidden & Dangerous 1 and 2 run properly on Wine? I tried it myself but had graphic glitches like missing/invisible landscape textures. The only thing I found out is, when I use the CX versions of Wine the video with the logo in the back of the main menu isn't stuttering and runs smoothly but the problems with the missing textures presist.
Have you tried disabling/enabling the native Mac driver? CSMT? How about installing quartz/devenum in winetricks?
Silverhawk170485: Could anyone already make Hidden & Dangerous 1 and 2 run properly on Wine? I tried it myself but had graphic glitches like missing/invisible landscape textures. The only thing I found out is, when I use the CX versions of Wine the video with the logo in the back of the main menu isn't stuttering and runs smoothly but the problems with the missing textures presist.
rampancy: Have you tried disabling/enabling the native Mac driver? CSMT? How about installing quartz/devenum in winetricks?
I tried the native Mac driver, but the game doesn't even start when it is enabled.
What I did too is installing DirectX 9 in winetricks but that makes no difference.
Still have to try installing quartz.
Post edited February 25, 2017 by Silverhawk170485
rampancy: Edit: So I got Army Men II and Army Men: Toys in Space working quite well on OS X through WINE...but it's a build of vanilla WINE 2.2 with additional patches applied to address the long standing issue of graphical flickering in fullscreen on OS X. With vanilla or staging 2.2, both games suffer from graphical flickering.

Would it be acceptable to write a formal report noting that I used a build of vanilla WINE with some extra OS X-specific patches? (The flickering bug is unique to OS X), or should such reports be restricted solely only to WINE with no additional patches?
Bug 34166 is very much a special case. If you build a vanilla Wine yourself with Homebrew on OS X they add this hack as part of the packaging. The popular OS X engine builds typically include it or have it as an option. CodeWeavers uses some variant of it themselves. Basically if you are using OS X you are going to be using some build with that hack at some point.
It's useful to mention if you know the no flicker hack is required. Otherwise I would half assume they were using it to begin with.

For the more general case I suppose it could work. A stock Wine or Staging build would still need to be tested against (likely the first step anyway), relevant bug reports linked (required; including creating one if not existing) and link to the patches.
Post edited February 25, 2017 by Gydion
Gydion: Bug 34166 is very much a special case. If you build a vanilla Wine yourself with Homebrew on OS X they add this hack as part of the packaging. The popular OS X engine builds typically include it or have it as an option. CodeWeavers uses some variant of it themselves. Basically if you are using OS X you are going to be using some build with that hack at some point.
It's useful to mention if you know the no flicker hack is required. Otherwise I would half assume they were using it to begin with.

For the more general case I suppose it could work. A stock Wine or Staging build would still need to be tested against (likely the first step anyway), relevant bug reports linked (required; including creating one if not existing) and link to the patches.
Thanks very much for the feedback and clarification. Actually in the case of Wineskin and PlayOnMac, the vast majority of the engines available are just packaged from the stock wine builds. Engines with specific hacks applied to them are usually appended with labels like "NoXInput2" (to get around a now-fixed bug with XInput devices like gamepads), "AMDSpeedHack" (to get around a now-fixed performance issue with AMD graphics cards), or "D3DBoost" (back when CSMT was a more experimental feature). "NoFlicker" is used with builds that have the extra flickering patches applied.

In any case, going forward, if I ever need to use a NoFlicker build, I'll make it a point to test the game against a stock vanilla and staging build, and of course mention the relevant bug/patch too.
Post edited February 25, 2017 by rampancy
rampancy: Have you tried disabling/enabling the native Mac driver? CSMT? How about installing quartz/devenum in winetricks?
Silverhawk170485: I tried the native Mac driver, but the game doesn't even start when it is enabled.
What I did too is installing DirectX 9 in winetricks but that makes no difference.
Still have to try installing quartz.
What version of WINE are you using? Vanilla? staging? What I sometimes do is also test the game out on 1.9.24 and 1.8.5 if I'm running into problems with newer builds.