It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Game: Galactic Civilizations 2 - Ultimate Edition
Installer MD5: 2782a435717bc7476644855dee4500c2
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=16336
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/galactic-civilizations-ii-ultimate-edition
Distro: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (64-bit)
Kernel version: Build 10K549
Graphics card: GMA X3100 (144 MB)
Graphics driver & version: OS Default
Wine version(s) tested:
wine 2.0-rc6 (3-4 hours) via Wineskin
wine 2.0-rc5 (3-4 hours) via Wineskin
wine-staging 2.0-rc5 (<1.0 hours) via Wineskin

Winetricks Needed: dxdiagn, devenum; use UseGLSL=disable only to boost graphics performance, if the game seems slow.

Install Notes: None.

How Well Does It Run: Perfectly (so far), on vanilla wine (there was no difference between 2.0-rc5 and 2.0-rc6). On wine-staging the game seems to crash immediately on launch with what looks like memory allocation errors in my winelog. I've played a couple of hours in free-play mode, tried mods, and loading/saving games; everything (including cutscenes and music) seems to work as expected. The graphical glitches reported earlier (Bug #36956) don't seem to be present (this seems to be caused only by the built-in dxdiagn, as noted by Gydion). The only feature I have not tried is online multiplayer. The game works well with or without the Native Mac Driver enabled.

As a note, I have not (yet?) encountered the out-of-memory errors reported in the AppDB. However, this seems to be an issue with the game itself and how it handles games on very large maps with a high number of AI civilizations.
Post edited January 28, 2017 by rampancy
king_mosiah: Does ' Shantae and the Pirate's Curse' work?
the blog says it works with 2.0-staging
https://www.wine-staging.com/news/2017-01-25-blog-vulkan-dx11.html
Oh, for curiosity's sake: are there any differences between 2.0-rc6 and the final 2.0?
rampancy: Oh, for curiosity's sake: are there any differences between 2.0-rc6 and the final 2.0?
4 commits; all documentation/translation related.
rampancy: Game: Galactic Civilizations 2 - Ultimate Edition
Wine version(s) tested: wine 2.0-rc6, 2.0-rc5, wine-staging 2.0-rc5 via Wineskin
For mutiple Wine versions see post #729. Particularly given that Staging is crashing for you. Thanks.

rampancy: The graphical glitches reported earlier (Bug #36956) don't seem to be present.
Believe that only occurs with builtin dxdiagn (if I understood that correctly).
Hi,

I've managed to run Age of Decadence in Linux with more FPS (and no slowdowns) than in WinXP by installing directx9, but it crashes the system randomly after a while, any ideas why this happens?
Post edited January 27, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Game: Industry Giant 2
Installer MD5:
2519a63c05e9d4ffdc249e8a393654b2 setup_industry_giant2_2.0.0.3.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: Retal Version

Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial
Desktop: MATE 1.16.1
Kernel: 4.4.0-59-generic x86_64
GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.101

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.0 via PlayOnLinux
Winetricks Needed: d3dx9_43. Needed to install this as it told me that it don't support my GPU (which it didn't when I tested it previously).

Extra Notes: a slightly smoother operation can be archieved via setting DirectDrawRenderer to OpenGL & setting "offscreen rendering mode" to "backbuffer" causes some glitches in the interface, but has the smoothest experience.

Old Report: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_judas_does_this_run_in_wine_thread/post423
Post edited January 28, 2017 by te_lanus
Game: Sengoku
Installer MD5s: 8d76afffc64c7b772fa87343b2ec47f9
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&amp;iId=26147&amp;iTestingId=72163
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/sengoku
Distro: Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Kernel version: Darwin 15.6.0 (Build 15G1212)
Graphics card: GeForce 320m (256 MB)
Graphics driver & version: OS Default
Wine version(s) tested: wine-staging 2.0/wine-staging 2.0-rc6 (Both 3-4 hours) via Wineskin

Winetricks needed: d3dx9, vcrun2010, devenum, quartz, ffdshow (for the base game); dotnet20 (for the launcher; you will also need WINE to install its own Gecko).

Install notes: Before installing the game, change your Windows version in winecfg to Windows 7 (otherwise the installation for vcrun2010 will fail). To play the game directly, use SengokuGame.exe; to play the game from the launcher (necessary for mods), use Sengoku.exe.

How well does it run: Almost perfectly (tested with CSMT and Native Mac Driver enabled); my experience was the same in both staging 2.0 and staging 2.0-rc6. All in-game clan banners are now rendered correctly (see reports on the AppDB). Performance overall was very good. The Monumenta Iaponiae Historica mod works too. The only thing that does not work is the introductory cutscene.
Gydion: ...
Thanks for the heads-up; I've made the requisite edits to my earlier entry above.
Post edited January 28, 2017 by rampancy
te_lanus: Game: Industry Giant 2
Winetricks Needed: DirectX 9.0. Needed to install this as it told me that it don't support my GPU (which it didn't when I tested it previously).
Not sure what's going on with that, but does it need the whole directx9 or can you get away with less? Also, could you include a link to your old report?
rampancy: Thanks for the heads-up; I've made the requisite edits to my earlier entry above.
Cheers. It should be on separate lines though. E.G.:
rampancy: Game: Galactic Civilizations 2 - Ultimate Edition

Wine version(s) tested:
wine 2.0-rc6 via Wineskin: 3-4 hours
wine 2.0-rc5 via Wineskin: 3-4 hours
wine-staging 2.0-rc5 via Wineskin: <1.0 hours
wine-staging 2.0-rc5 (CSMT) via Wineskin: <1.0 hours
CSMT one is just an example in this case. Sengoku is fine as is as they are effectively the same, only the two and about equal time.
Post edited January 28, 2017 by Gydion
Klumpen0815: I've managed to run Age of Decadence in Linux with more FPS (and no slowdowns) than in WinXP by installing directx9, but it crashes the system randomly after a while, any ideas why this happens?
does it really crash the whole system (=reboot required) or only the game (=restarting the game required) ?
If the latter then some logs(console output) might help. The former is rather unusual, the only ideas I can think of are driver/kernel bug or hardware issue (like GFX card getting too hot). Checking the kernel/system logs might reveal some clues.
Klumpen0815: I've managed to run Age of Decadence in Linux with more FPS (and no slowdowns) than in WinXP by installing directx9, but it crashes the system randomly after a while, any ideas why this happens?
immi101: does it really crash the whole system (=reboot required) or only the game (=restarting the game required) ?
If the latter then some logs(console output) might help. The former is rather unusual, the only ideas I can think of are driver/kernel bug or hardware issue (like GFX card getting too hot). Checking the kernel/system logs might reveal some clues.
If it only crashed the game, then I can't get out of fullscreen or to other tabs for some reason, I'll try it again in a window.
My GPU isn't overheating.

Where do I find the logs that may help?
Hi there.

Once more I tried to get "Dust" to work, and once more without success.
It really should not be necessary, since a Linux version exists on steam and humble bundle. I can live with that if the game works in wine, but it does not.

It's a shame, because it seems to be a nice game.

Did you guys have more success?
Klumpen0815: If it only crashed the game, then I can't get out of fullscreen or to other tabs for some reason, I'll try it again in a window.
My GPU isn't overheating.

Where do I find the logs that may help?
yes, wine might crash itself in a way that you can't ALT+TAB out of the fullscreen anymore.
if that happens you usually can still switch to a different workspace with CTRL+Fn (though the shortcut might be different depending on your deskop manager), where you can kill the game process.
(of course your desktop needs to be configured to have multiple workspaces for that )

launching wine from the console will print out all error message onto the console.
or you launch wine from the console like this:
wine <game.exe> &> error.log
which will redirect all messages in a text file, so you can view them later.

Trying the game in window mode or enabling virtual desktop mode(winecfg->graphic) would definitely be a good idea, as you keep seeing eventual error messages in the console and can easier close/kill the application if it decides to hang.

if the game actually manages to crash/freeze your display server even when running in a window, so that you can't do anything not even switching to a different workspace, you can try to switch to text console with CTRL+ALT+F1.
after logging in here, you can view the kernel log with 'dmesg' which may have something useful.
x server log file is under /var/log/Xorg.0.log, though i'm not sure it will have anything useful in cases like this.
Other log files depend on what logging daemon is used and how it is set up.
Did anyone manage to run The Witcher 2 in Wine lately? Not that it's strictly needed, since there is VP port, but I tried it recently just to test, and it crashes on startup.
shmerl: Did anyone manage to run The Witcher 2 in Wine lately? Not that it's strictly needed, since there is VP port, but I tried it recently just to test, and it crashes on startup.
Do you get a specific error message when it crashes either in the backtrace or the terminal output?