It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Game: Stronghold HD

Installer MD5:
a26178ebca7865949d2458818464cd4e setup_stronghold_hd_2.2.0.5.exe

WineHQ AppDB: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=520

Distro: Arch Linux 64-bit
Kernel: 4.8.13-1-ARCH
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition
Graphics driver: xf86-video-ati 7.8.0-1 (Open Source), mesa 13.0.2-2
Wine: 2.0rc3-1 (Staging without CSMT), older and non-staging versions work fine as well

Install notes:
The installation of the game works as usual, absolutely no problems. No tweaks required.

How well does it run?
Perfect.
Post edited January 04, 2017 by Urnoev
Urnoev: Still no luck. jscript.dll is indeed part of wmp9. Still, the only combination of tweaks resulting in at least sound without image is: 32-bit prefix, amstream, quartz, devenum and wmp9.
A +quartz log may be helpful. Possible +gstreamer as well.
rampancy: Generally no, but disabling GLSL does provide a useful speed boost in some specific cases, particularly Tron 2.0.
It can help with graphical glitches at times as well. Just double-checking to see if you had seen any in-game issues with it, thanks.
Urnoev: Games: Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader
These entries should be spilt (separate posts). Also they are the HD versions (different title).
Post edited January 02, 2017 by Gydion
Game: Stronghold Crusader HD

Installer MD5:
440291642e8e588cdb046c9f30878353 setup_stronghold_crusader_extreme_hd_2.2.0.8.exe

WineHQ AppDB: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2804

Wine: 2.0rc3-1 (Staging without CSMT), older and non-staging versions work fine as well

Install notes:
The installation of the game works as usual, absolutely no problems. No tweaks required.

How well does it run?
Perfect.
Post edited January 04, 2017 by Urnoev
Gydion: A +quartz log may be helpful. Possible +gstreamer as well.
Here is the output of
WINEDEBUG=+quartz,+gstreamer WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_prefixes/Sacred wine Sacred.exe &> ~/log

I've installed the game on one of my Intel GPU laptops and applied the winetricks patches... it works.
So, it has to be a hardware or library issue. Anyway, I'll play the game on that computer now, so all is fine.
Post edited January 02, 2017 by Urnoev
Urnoev: Here is the output of
WINEDEBUG=+quartz,+gstreamer WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_prefixes/Sacred wine Sacred.exe &> ~/log
OK, wrong channels.
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winemp3.acm": libmpg123.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
However, that is likely your problem.
Post edited January 03, 2017 by Gydion
Gydion: However, that is likely your problem.
I can't believe I've missed that.....
Since Windows Media Player 9 requires a 32-bit prefix (and wine therefore 32-bit libs), I just forgot to install lib32-mpg123 on my 64-bit box. Well, at least I was right about it being a library issue...

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up, it works now. :)
Urnoev: Game: Stronghold HD
Urnoev: Game: Stronghold Crusader HD
Thank you for your test reports!

Urnoev: Wine: 2.0rc3-1 (Staging without CSMT), older and non-staging versions work fine as well
Would it be possible that you explicitly list the Wine versions which you have tested the games with? "older and non-staging versions" doesn't give much of a clue about which version is meant and at least I primarily look for test results with stable Wine versions as they are the most easy and reliably to reproduce ones.
Post edited January 03, 2017 by eiii
eiii: Would it be possible that you explicitly list the Wine versions which you have tested the games with? "older and non-staging versions" doesn't give much of a clue about which version is meant and at least I primarily look for test results with stable Wine versions as they are the most easy and reliably to reproduce ones.
Sure, I can do that, theoretically. I always test both Wine-Staging (which is what I usually use) and vanilla Wine. The few games I've written about here, I've played with older Wine versions with the same results and experiences in the past. So I can't give you a definite version there, but specifically for Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD, as well as KotOR and KotOR II, I can say they work with Wine 1.7 and up for sure.
Game: Limbo

Installer MD5:
ddc033ff138c0133c7eeebdc728078c8 setup_limbo_2.1.0.2.exe

WineHQ AppDB: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=13365

Wine: 2.0rc3-1 (Staging without CSMT)

Install notes:
The installation of the game works as usual, absolutely no problems. Some testers needed to override d3dx9_43 and d3dcompiler_43, but no tweaks required for me. Override them if your game doesn't launch.

How well does it run?
Perfect.

---

Note: Apparently a DRM-free Linux version of the game exists, but as of now is not available on GOG.com.
Post edited January 05, 2017 by Urnoev
Urnoev: Note: Apparently a DRM-free Linux version of the game exists, but as of now is not available on GOG.com.
The weird thing is, there was an official Wine wrapped release as well, before the native version came out. So why are they not on GOG still?
Post edited January 03, 2017 by shmerl
Urnoev: Sure, I can do that, theoretically. I always test both Wine-Staging (which is what I usually use) and vanilla Wine.
There is little value in doing this here. Particularly as you are on the development branch of Wine. Additionally the version that you have used the most is the one that should be reported (unless they have seen nearly equal time). Now it can be useful to mention that e.g. it appears to work on non-staging versions. One can assume it would be the same version unless you specify differently. No need for repeating redundant information that negatively impacts readability.

Let's not forget there is an entire website specifically designed for submitting tests on various versions of Wine. I encourage any who is interested to also use it: AppDB.
Urnoev: Distro: Arch Linux 64-bit
Graphics driver: xf86-video-ati 7.8.0-1 (Open Source)
can you add the version of your installed mesa package as well? xf86-video-ati just contains the 2d x11 driver which is mostly irrelevant for gaming. The 3d driver is is included in the mesa package.
Gydion: There is little value in doing this here. Particularly as you are on the development branch of Wine. Additionally the version that you have used the most is the one that should be reported (unless they have seen nearly equal time). Now it can be useful to mention that e.g. it appears to work on non-staging versions. One can assume it would be the same version unless you specify differently. No need for repeating redundant information that negatively impacts readability.
It's just one line, how can those few characters significantly impact readability? But you're right, in general there is no point in mentioning the normal Wine version. It takes me about three minutes to test it, so I usually do it anyway, since Staging still isn't an option/necessary for everyone.
Mentioning the versions can be important actually, the Arch packages at least aren't always on the same level. For a while Staging was still at 2.0rc2-1 in the repo, while Wine vanilla was at 2.0rc3-1 already. I could omit that information if that isn't the case of course...

immi101: can you add the version of your installed mesa package as well? xf86-video-ati just contains the 2d x11 driver which is mostly irrelevant for gaming. The 3d driver is is included in the mesa package.
Sure, I didn't think about that. :)
On a tangentially related topic: What's the status of CSMT in WINE 2.0? Is it going to be enabled/included in the final versions, or is it still confined to wine-staging?