It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

king_mosiah: Does 'Shantae and the Pirate's Curse' work?
DX 11 game, right? Last time it was checked, think Judas tried it, the answer was a definite no. Likely it's still not runnable.
rampancy: Game: Hostile Waters - Antaeus Rising
Winetricks: None needed. (I did use UseGLSL=disable to clear up some errors in my wine log.)
Were there issues with it enabled, aside from the errors in the log? There is also an AppDB GOG specific version.
Post edited January 01, 2017 by Gydion
Ganni1987: Game: Racer Driver - GRID
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.0rc-3
Unless you set the Shadows to Low or Disabled the game will crash within the first few seconds after starting a race. With CSMT/Game's Ultra Settings (minus Shadows)/1920x1080 Res, game runs very well however it will crash after about 30 minutes of gameplay.
Did you test this more with Staging/runs better with a Staging build?
Gydion: Perhaps that is a driver bug. Think it happens for Intel GPUs as well...

Actually they were seeing it with nouveau drivers.
Well, 11.2.0 is ancient. You shouldn't be using this Mesa. Current version is 13.0.2.
I have my main gaming setup with the AMD card and two laptop with Intel GPUs.
In all three cases, enabling any of the three options causes instability. "Frame Buffer Effects" crash the game immediately, while "Soft Shadows" and "Grass" cause unpredictable crashes, and "Grass" is messed up.

I am using the open source AMD drivers on Arch, so my Mesa and everything else is usually cutting edge. It has been this way ever sine the game's release here on GOG.
Ganni1987: Game: Racer Driver - GRID
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.0rc-3
Unless you set the Shadows to Low or Disabled the game will crash within the first few seconds after starting a race. With CSMT/Game's Ultra Settings (minus Shadows)/1920x1080 Res, game runs very well however it will crash after about 30 minutes of gameplay.
Gydion: Did you test this more with Staging/runs better with a Staging build?
Forgot to add that bit, my testing is done with Staging, the crash is there with and without CSMT enabled.
rampancy: Game: Hostile Waters - Antaeus Rising
Winetricks: None needed. (I did use UseGLSL=disable to clear up some errors in my wine log.)
Gydion: Were there issues with it enabled, aside from the errors in the log? There is also an AppDB GOG specific version.
Generally no, but disabling GLSL does provide a useful speed boost in some specific cases, particularly Tron 2.0. For many games, I get the following error message in my log:

fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log Info log received from GLSL shader #3:
fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log WARNING: Could not find vertex shader attribute 'vs_in2' to match BindAttributeLocation request.

These get cleared up when I disable GLSL; I suspect it's probably more from my outdated graphics hardware more than anything else.
Urnoev: I have my main gaming setup with the AMD card and two laptop with Intel GPUs.
In all three cases, enabling any of the three options causes instability. "Frame Buffer Effects" crash the game immediately, while "Soft Shadows" and "Grass" cause unpredictable crashes, and "Grass" is messed up.

I am using the open source AMD drivers on Arch, so my Mesa and everything else is usually cutting edge. It has been this way ever sine the game's release here on GOG.
What AMD card do you have? Is it using amdgpu + radeonsi? For AMD, I won't recommend anything except for latest cards in general (RX 4xx).
Post edited January 01, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: What AMD card do you have? Is it using amdgpu + radeonsi? For AMD, I won't recommend anything except for latest cards in general (RX 4xx).
I have an older card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition.
It's part of the Southern Islands (SI) family with GCN 1 and therefore barley (very barley) supported by amdgpu + radeonsi. I still can't/don't want to try it now, since support only comes with Linux 4.9 and Arch Linux' kernel is still on 4.8.13 in the stable repository. I'll give it a try then, in the near future, and see how it performs/if it works.
For now I'm still using the old ATI driver, which performs nicely.
Urnoev: For now I'm still using the old ATI driver, which performs nicely.
That can explain the difference. Looks like radeonsi doesn't have this problem. I'd say, save yourself the trouble and buy RX 480 on some sale. Or wait for Vega to come out.
shmerl: That can explain the difference. Looks like radeonsi doesn't have this problem. I'd say, save yourself the trouble and buy RX 480 on some sale. Or wait for Vega to come out.
Yeah, it's time for an upgrade anyway.

---

On another note, I am currently trying to get "Sacred Gold" to run perfectly on my system, but have problems with the videos. The game itself works fine, but the videos aren't played back.
test and others suggest installing quartz, devenum and amstream per winetricks. [url=https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16250]This bug report goes into greater detail and adds to change the mode to Windows 7. I've also read to install Windows Media Player.

I've tried overriding the DLLs, no effect. Changing mode doesn't help either. With WMP9 I have sound, but no visuals: I'm stuck now. It's weird, since others got the videos without it. Maybe this is a codec issue? WMP9 requires a 32-bit prefix, I've tried both vanilla Wine and wine-staging (with and without CSMT).
Any ideas?
shmerl: That can explain the difference. Looks like radeonsi doesn't have this problem. I'd say, save yourself the trouble and buy RX 480 on some sale. Or wait for Vega to come out.
Urnoev: Yeah, it's time for an upgrade anyway.

---

On another note, I am currently trying to get "Sacred Gold" to run perfectly on my system, but have problems with the videos. The game itself works fine, but the videos aren't played back.
Just tested it with Wine staging 2.0rc3. Videos work and Windows is set to XP.

Overrides:

amstream
devenum
jscript.dll
quartz

I think jscript.dll comes from WP9 which is installed as well.

Tested it all in PlayOnLinux.
Thank you for testing!

Still no luck. jscript.dll is indeed part of wmp9. Still, the only combination of tweaks resulting in at least sound without image is: 32-bit prefix, amstream, quartz, devenum and wmp9.

My terminal is bombarded with
fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_INTERRUPT_INFORMATION
messages, but a quick search didn't tell me much.
Urnoev: Still no luck.
Could be a video driver issue? What about other hardware combinations? I often feel like Wine AppDB entries should be now separated per GPU ;)
shmerl: Could be a video driver issue? What about other hardware combinations? I often feel like Wine AppDB entries should be now separated per GPU ;)
Well, they could at least make it mandatory to include system specs in the reports. :D

I guess so too. Or maybe it's simply a library issue. I've even installed all gstreamer packages on a hunch and disabled PulseAudio...
I have no access to my Intel GPU computers right now, but I'll test it on them then.