It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

shmerl: Did anyone manage to fix terrain texture bug in Two Worlds which happens occasionally? Despite setting Strict Draw Ordering to enabled, I still get this issue in Wine (latest staging).
JudasIscariot: You might want to report it to WineHQ just in case...if it isn't reported already :)
Yeah, I don't see any such bugs open, though it might be an upstream issue in Mesa. Does anyone get it with Nvidia blob?

By the way, GOG version is also affected by lipsync bug. The fix for it is here: http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/242-two-worlds-datalipsync/

This should probably fixed in the release.

UPDATE: I just had an idea. It could be caused by CSMT. I just disabled it, and will see how it goes.

UPDATE2: Yep, that was it. Disabling CSMT helps.

UPDATE3: Oh, I spoke too soon. It still happens.
Post edited December 23, 2016 by shmerl
Just as an FYI for any other Mac Wine-lovers out there, ScoPezz has a repository of current Wineskin engines (for vanilla and staging, including Wine 2.0-rc1) here: http://portingteam.com/topic/10896-wineskin-engine-repository/#entry106264 - the key feature is that they're compatible with OS X 10.6-7 as well as 32-bit OS X 10.6, so people on older Macs can use them too.

He hasn't put up anything yet for Wine 2.0-rc2 or rc3, but I'd bet they'll appear there shortly.
Post edited December 24, 2016 by rampancy
Game: Corsairs Gold
Installer MD5: b697c58bfbb8e7c9fee557577ede33da
WineHQ AppDB link: n/a (link to PlayOnLinux thread in French: https://www.playonlinux.com/en/topic-3836.html)
CodeWeavers link: n/a
Distro: Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (64-bit)
Kernel version: Build 15G1212
Graphics card: Intel HD 5000 Graphics (1.5 GB)
Graphics driver & version: OS Default
Wine version(s) tested: wine-staging 2.0rc-2 via Wineskin

Install Notes: I also set the Windows version to Windows 95 in winecfg.

Winetricks: devenum quart UseGLSL=disable

How well does it run: It runs very well, both on this Mac and an older 2010 MacBook Air with a 1.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo and GeForce 320m graphics (also running OS X 10.11.6). Disappointingly, it ran very poorly (to the point of near-unplayability) on a 1.83 Ghz Core Duo MacBook with GMA 950 graphics.

The only problem lies with the intro cutscene. From the log, it seems like installing .NET or Mono might help; I tried installing .NET 2.0 in Winetricks and it resulted in a black screen with cutscene audio playing. Installing wmp9 (with msxml3) didn't work.

Edit: As per igrok's notes, you may not need quartz and cutscenes may work fine for you under Linux.
Post edited December 27, 2016 by rampancy
By the way, Wine on MacOS is going to gradually stagnate, since it doesn't look like Apple is interested in updating OpenGL there. So Wine developers pointed out, that no support for DX11 will happen on MacOS.
Post edited December 25, 2016 by shmerl
FYI, may be a few days before the thread is updated.
rampancy: On that note, are you okay with me posting reports for games that other people have already reported on? IIRC I have noted that I've seen dupes for games in the past, both on this thread and on the other thread. I'm asking since I'd like to post a report on how I got Civ III working on OS X.
Was this a tease or is it not necessary for Civ III? OS X specific differences would be quite nice to have.
Post edited December 25, 2016 by Gydion
shmerl: By the way, Wine on MacOS is going to gradually stagnate, since it doesn't look like Apple is interested in updating OpenGL there. So Wine developers pointed out, that no support for DX11 will happen on MacOS.
Highly disappointing, but not unexpected. Sad, really. What's really unfortunate is that it's going to likely impact Codeweavers in the future, as most of their income comes from the Mac version of CrossOver.
te_lanus: Offworld Trading Company starts but it crashes (for me) when you try to do the "how to play" section, but in skirmish mode it works, but it's not playable due to Wine's incomplete directX 11 support.

Screenshot of it running: http://imgur.com/a/Q2h8R
had a quick test using 2.0rc2-staging, and it's still a no-go
shmerl: By the way, Wine on MacOS is going to gradually stagnate, since it doesn't look like Apple is interested in updating OpenGL there. So Wine developers pointed out, that no support for DX11 will happen on MacOS.
rampancy: Highly disappointing, but not unexpected. Sad, really. What's really unfortunate is that it's going to likely impact Codeweavers in the future, as most of their income comes from the Mac version of CrossOver.
May be, on the other hand, gaming wise, MacOS is falling behind, especially in VR and etc. So Linux gaming is going to overtake it eventually. It might help CrossOver too, since some MacOS users are switching to Linux, because they are frustrated with stagnation.
Has anyone tried Arx Fatalis under Linux/Wine and can confirm that it runs well?
eiii: Has anyone tried Arx Fatalis under Linux/Wine and can confirm that it runs well?
There is also this: http://arx-libertatis.org
https://github.com/arx/ArxLibertatis

So there should be no need to use Wine for it.
eiii: Has anyone tried Arx Fatalis under Linux/Wine and can confirm that it runs well?
I've tried it. It runs fine on Linux/wine-devel out of the box. Even the installation completes without the usual errors.

The only problem l've encountered was that the character's portrait on creation was not shown, so I cannot customize the appearance. The character doll in game is shown though. So not a real problem, but I don't know if eventually other issues will appear.

Arx Libertatis works fine too. I use the portable version on Linux and FreeBSD. There is little tearing when turning the camera, even though vsync is enabled, but it's not much to be annoying. This issue does not exist on Wine.
rampancy: Highly disappointing, but not unexpected. Sad, really. What's really unfortunate is that it's going to likely impact Codeweavers in the future, as most of their income comes from the Mac version of CrossOver.
shmerl: May be, on the other had, gaming wise, MacOS is falling behind, especially in VR and etc. So Linux gaming is going to overtake it eventually. It might help CrossOver too, since some MacOS users are switching to Linux, because they are frustrated with stagnation.
That is a good point, though I'm not so sure about how relevant VR will be going forward. From a business perspective, gaming never really has been a significant focus for Apple anyway, since Mac gaming has never significantly affected Apple's marketshare in the traditional computing market. Whenever Apple's tried to make any foray into gaming, it's always been a very half-hearted and minor effort.

Would I switch to Linux from macOS because of this? I'm not about to ditch all of my Apple gear right now, but in the past I've only toyed with Linux, whereas now I'm far more motivated to get a lot more serious about using it on a regular basis.
Gydion: Was this a tease or is it not necessary for Civ III? OS X specific differences would be quite nice to have.
No, no, not a tease, just a question if dupe posts were okay. I'm glad you cleared things up for me, and I'll be putting up more OS X-specific reports for past games going forward.
shmerl: May be, on the other had, gaming wise, MacOS is falling behind, especially in VR and etc. So Linux gaming is going to overtake it eventually. It might help CrossOver too, since some MacOS users are switching to Linux, because they are frustrated with stagnation.
rampancy: That is a good point, though I'm not so sure about how relevant VR will be going forward. From a business perspective, gaming never really has been a significant focus for Apple anyway, since Mac gaming has never significantly affected Apple's marketshare in the traditional computing market. Whenever Apple's tried to make any foray into gaming, it's always been a very half-hearted and minor effort.

Would I switch to Linux from macOS because of this? I'm not about to ditch all of my Apple gear right now, but in the past I've only toyed with Linux, whereas now I'm far more motivated to get a lot more serious about using it on a regular basis.
This is ScoPezz, Brainzyy is my new nickname, has been for a while, but my PortingTeam account is very old :p
I have added WS9Wine2.0-rc2 to my repo. It is in the Vanilla -> Not in Winery folder.
Btw, the claim that DirectX11 support will not come to macOS is not valid. Codeweavers has never claimed that. They said it will be DELAYED. They are waiting for a new big Metal update. Feral Interactive is waiting for that as well to finish their port of the new Deus Ex game for macOS.

EDIT: I could be wrong, so please don't quote me on this :p But this is how I interpreted everything I've read so far. (Codeweavers initially said that 64bit support wasn't coming to macOS either, but that happened anyway)
Gydion: Was this a tease or is it not necessary for Civ III? OS X specific differences would be quite nice to have.
rampancy: No, no, not a tease, just a question if dupe posts were okay. I'm glad you cleared things up for me, and I'll be putting up more OS X-specific reports for past games going forward.
I will gladly help you out with that :) macOS specifics would be nice for a lot of games :)
Post edited December 25, 2016 by Brainzyy
Brainzyy: I will gladly help you out with that :) macOS specifics would be nice for a lot of games :)
Yeah, if you've got OS X reports to post about GOG games, post 'em if ya got 'em. Just be sure to follow the general format you've seen used by myself and others, both for the sake of consistency and ease of use, and also so that Gydion won't come after you. ;)