It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: Hmmm, your version mentions wine-1.8. Any chance you can test this on Wine 1.8.3 or Wine 1.9.16?
I tried it with 1.9.15 (Staging) with the same crash. It looks like it's an obscure bug in Wine, maybe I should upload it to Wine HQ.
JudasIscariot: Hmmm, your version mentions wine-1.8. Any chance you can test this on Wine 1.8.3 or Wine 1.9.16?
igrok: I tried it with 1.9.15 (Staging) with the same crash. It looks like it's an obscure bug in Wine, maybe I should upload it to Wine HQ.
Try the latest Wine and if it continues, send it to Wine HQ, please :)
JudasIscariot: Try the latest Wine and if it continues, send it to Wine HQ, please :)
I will :)
igrok: I tried it with 1.9.15 (Staging) with the same crash. It looks like it's an obscure bug in Wine, maybe I should upload it to Wine HQ.
you can try and get the native cinepak codec (iccvid.dll) from windows (if you have it installed). Otherwise google will probably find it as well. It's not available via winetricks i think.
copy the iccvid.dll to $WINEPREFIX/.drive_c/windows/system32 and add a DLL override for it in winecfg

Filing a bug about this would be a good idea though.
run the game with WINEDEBUG=iccvid and attach the output might help
having your wine compiled with debug symbols would be nice as well, makes the crash backtrace a lot more readable ;)
though if that is the way you get the package from your distro there is probably not much you can do.
Wine 1.9.17 is out and immi's patch for Worms 2 has been committed :D
igrok: Sooo, has anyone managed to run War Wind successfully? It crashes for me when trying to play the intro, which is in avi format with ffcvid codec. I renamed the folder with the movies and the game runs, but I wonder whether there is a way to make the in-game movies playable.
I've tested it in wine-staging 1.9.16 on OS X 10.11.6, and the game runs just fine with the exception of cutscenes. The game crashes, with the main line of interest (AFAIK) in my log being:

err:iccvid:decode_cinepak CVID: corruption 29700 (QT/AVI) != 13158 (CV)
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x003d8070 at address 0x4663884b (thread 0009), starting debugger...

From looking around on google, cinepak is apparently part of QuickTime, but installing QT 7.6 via Winetricks doesn't seem to do anything (yes, I set it to use GDI in the QuickTime preferences window). To get the game working, you can disable cutscenes by going to /Data and changing the name of the VIDS folder (I changed it to "noVIDS"). After that, the game works perfectly, including saving/loading games, and music.

War Wind 2 seems to exhibit no such problem and seems to work perfectly.
immi101: you can try and get the native cinepak codec (iccvid.dll) from windows
Yeah, it should help in theory, but somehow I still get the same crash. I'll try juggling with several different Wine versions and see if it works.

rampancy: To get the game working, you can disable cutscenes by going to /Data and changing the name of the VIDS folder
Yes, I had the same error and the same temporary fix seems to work for me in most Wine versions.

Here is the link to the ticket if anyone wants to follow it.
Game: Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate
Installer MD5: 011ca05f11a27f81f7ad3b6fa0b31c2f setup_wh40k_chaos_gate_2.0.0.14.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2884
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/warhammer-40-000-chaos-gate

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-34
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 370.23
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.16 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.2.0

Install notes: Requires override for msadp32.acm (native, builtin) otherwise sound will not work outside of cutscenes.
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for "WH40K.exe"
How well does it run: Perfect
Details: Have only played through the first mission but so far it runs great - it actually runs much better in Wine than it does on my Win7 install. Tested with virtual desktop and CSMT enabled.
Game: Nox
Installer MD5: c1cc844fb0f17bd8e7406354eef1616e setup_nox_2.0.0.20.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=401
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/nox

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-34
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 370.23
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.16 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.2.0

Install notes: Install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for "NOX.EXE"
How well does it run: Perfect
Details: Have played for a short while, appears to work perfectly so far. Tested with virtual desktop and CSMT enabled.
Anyone try Interstate '82?
Can you help me troubleshoot Clive baker undying? I really want to play the game. I install it using playonlinux, and the game can run. But I get this sound overlap, like 2 tracks played at the same time. It seems like the game runs too fast

I tried looking for solution, and it seems people on windows solved this problem by forcing vsync and set affinity to 1. I wonder if there is a way to fix this on wine?

[Edit]

Should've included it

I used wine 1.7.55 and 1.9.11, on Ubuntu mate 16.04 64 bit
Post edited August 21, 2016 by kusumahendra
kusumahendra: Can you help me troubleshoot Clive baker undying? I really want to play the game. I install it using playonlinux, and the game can run. But I get this sound overlap, like 2 tracks played at the same time. It seems like the game runs too fast

I tried looking for solution, and it seems people on windows solved this problem by forcing vsync and set affinity to 1. I wonder if there is a way to fix this on wine?
You could use Lutris, it allows you to force affinity to one core on multi-core cpu's, For games from PoL the easiest way to add them is to use Linux as your runner, add playonlinux (from /usr/share/playonlinux) as the executable, and then use --run "$gamename" as arguments, where $gamename is the name you give the shortcut you create in PoL, thus something like spelunky's arguments would be --run "spelunky"
kusumahendra: Can you help me troubleshoot Clive baker undying? I really want to play the game. I install it using playonlinux, and the game can run. But I get this sound overlap, like 2 tracks played at the same time. It seems like the game runs too fast

te_lanus: You could use Lutris, it allows you to force affinity to one core on multi-core cpu's, For games from PoL the easiest way to add them is to use Linux as your runner, add playonlinux (from /usr/share/playonlinux) as the executable, and then use --run "$gamename" as arguments, where $gamename is the name you give the shortcut you create in PoL, thus something like spelunky's arguments would be --run "spelunky"
Thanks. Will give it a try when I got home

[Edit]

Should've included it

Update to Wine 1.9.17 as there have been quite a few changes between 1,9.11 and 1.9.17 when it comes to sound issues :)

[Edit]

Should've included it

JudasIscariot: Update to Wine 1.9.17 as there have been quite a few changes between 1,9.11 and 1.9.17 when it comes to sound issues :)
Sounds good. I Will give it a try