It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Game: Moto Racer
Version: 2.1.0.11
Installer MD5: 569adc66f21a050388633d813a96544c setup_moto_racer_2.1.0.11.exe

Distro: Linux Mint 20.1 | Cinnamon | 64-bit
Kernel version: 5.15.0-46-generic
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 470.141.03
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 6.15

Install notes: Installs correctly.
How well does it run: Does not work in my case. It shows something like "16 bit screen mode required". PlayOnLinux allows me to set "Emulate Virtual Desktop" option and change a resolution, but not color depth. I've tried to run the game in Xephyr, but it was displayed incorrectly (rotated screen).
Details: I'm using PlayOnLinux (without their predefined scripts).

– – – – –

Game: Moto Racer 2
Version: 1.36
Installer MD5: dd607755afea46346147c0b1d605f5e6 setup_moto_racer_2_1.36_(23844).exe

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 6.15 + DX9

How well does it run: Works perfect. The game has been completed (only single player mode).
ciemnogrodzianin: Game: Moto Racer
Version: 2.1.0.11
Installer MD5: 569adc66f21a050388633d813a96544c setup_moto_racer_2.1.0.11.exe

How well does it run: Does not work in my case. It shows something like "16 bit screen mode required". PlayOnLinux allows me to set "Emulate Virtual Desktop" option and change a resolution, but not color depth. I've tried to run the game in Xephyr, but it was displayed incorrectly (rotated screen).
Have you tried with DGVodoo? I remember Thief Gold running only on 16bits but Dgvodoo trick it to run on 32bits color.
TaxAkla: Have you tried with DGVodoo? I remember Thief Gold running only on 16bits but Dgvodoo trick it to run on 32bits color.
Nope. As I'm quite a lazy user, I use PlayOnLinux as a convenient wrapper managing all the config and libraries. I'm afraid there's no easy way to use dgVodoo with POL or easily use it as a stand-alone solution...
But thanks for the suggestion. I guess it may be a good idea to check by someone :)
TaxAkla: Have you tried with DGVodoo? I remember Thief Gold running only on 16bits but Dgvodoo trick it to run on 32bits color.
ciemnogrodzianin: Nope. As I'm quite a lazy user, I use PlayOnLinux as a convenient wrapper managing all the config and libraries. I'm afraid there's no easy way to use dgVodoo with POL or easily use it as a stand-alone solution...
But thanks for the suggestion. I guess it may be a good idea to check by someone :)
Just to add information: If you can open winecfg on POL you can easily configure it to use DGVoodoo's dlls. I don't have this game so if someone want to test it, please, come here to add information.
TaxAkla: ...
I've tried to simply replace dlls with dgvoodoo ones, but it seems to be a bit more complicated, I'm afraid. Still nothing.
ciemnogrodzianin: Nope. As I'm quite a lazy user, I use PlayOnLinux as a convenient wrapper managing all the config and libraries. I'm afraid there's no easy way to use dgVodoo with POL or easily use it as a stand-alone solution...
Another reason why I prefer Lutris as convenient wrapper, it has all the right switches.
Attachments:
ssling: ...
Wow. It looks kind of impressive to me.
I tried Lutris long time ago with Cuphead – for some reason Lutris was able to run the game, which could not be launched any other way. It seems that this tool made a huge progress and I'm going to try it once again. Thank you!
Does Judas run in wine?? ;P
Has anyone tried "Alien: Isolation" ?
victorchopin: Does Judas run in wine?? ;P
WINcEption...
Post edited September 23, 2022 by Shadowcat
Shadowcat: Has anyone tried "Alien: Isolation" ?
victorchopin: Does Judas run in wine?? ;P
Shadowcat: WINcEption...
Hah!! ;P
It runs fine for me, and apparently for others: https://www.gog.com/forum/alien_isolation/linux_compatability
VanishedOne: It runs fine for me, and apparently for others: https://www.gog.com/forum/alien_isolation/linux_compatability
Nice, thank you.
Game: Corsairs Gold
Version: 2.1.0.7
Installer MD5: b697c58bfbb8e7c9fee557577ede33da
Distro: Arch
Kernel: 5.19.13
Graphics: Intel HD520, Mesa 22.1.7
Wine: 7.18 Staging 64bit

How well does it run:
Out of the box only top half of the screen is displayed. Launching in Wine's virtual desktop mode fixed this problem and game seems to be perfectly playable without further tinkering. In over an hour I didn't experience any crashes or other issues Windows users are reporting.
Game: The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker
Version: v1.2.8
Installer MD5: n/a

Kernel version: 5.15.0-52-generic

How well does it run: Works like a charm. It requires "Emulate Virtual Desktop" option to be enabled. The game has been completed without a single problem.
Game: The Guest
Version: gog-2
Installer MD5: 58cce9187e8dd19e1a0eff875ae06c04 setup_the_guest_gog-2_(7982).exe

Distro: Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa | Cinnamon | 64-bit
Kernel version: 5.15.0-52-generic

How well does it run: Works perfectly, the game has been completed. Use DX3D9. Performance is fine.