It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

wolfsite: As for the Castlevania/Contra pack that runs flawlessly in Proton.
Apparently, you can also extract games ROMs and run them directly in NES emulators.
What is the method of changing resolution in Mafia game?

There is setup.exe there, which if I remember correctly could help with that, but it crashes now when I try to run it in Wine. There is a settings.bin file in savegame subdirectory, but it looks encoded.
Post edited October 30, 2020 by shmerl
How does Ikenfell run?

Also, how strict are the system requirements, and in particular the GPU requirement?
I figured, I had widescreen fix installed. I updated it to latest version, and it now works OK.
Game: My Time At Portia
Version: 2.0.141140 (64-bit)
WineHQ AppDB Link: N/A
Installer MD5:
94059fdd2f51b78ab4b4f58202d04f37 setup_my_time_at_portia_2.0.141140_(64bit)_(40303)-1.bin
aab1a089429c65dd46089a22ff666535 setup_my_time_at_portia_2.0.141140_(64bit)_(40303)-2.bin
76e11d230231b3d58308061b18da7c71 setup_my_time_at_portia_2.0.141140_(64bit)_(40303).exe

Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 "Tricia" | Cinnamon | 64-bit
Kernel: 5.4.0-52-generic
Graphics: NVidia GeForce GTX 670
CPU: Intel i7-3930K @ 3.20GHz × 6
Wine Version: Wine Staging 5.19 / 5.20

Install Notes:
64-bit wine prefix.
No winetricks required.
DXVK optional but significantly improves performance.

How does it run:
1) Played about 30 hours without any game-breaking issues.
2) Occasionally game will suddenly slow down after a few hours of play -- fixed by reloading the game. This problem has also been reported on Windows.
3) Sometimes have to alt-tab into the game on startup.
4) Loses keyboard focus on alt-tabbing or mouse leaving game window -- cannot relock, requires reload.

Details:
1) This is one of the rare games I have only been able to get working in base Wine Staging.
2) I couldn't get it to run in either Lutris or Proton (GE), though it is reported as Platinum on ProtonDB.
3) Played at 1920x1080 with highest graphics settings without any major problems, but performance was improved with lower shadow settings. I'm running a pretty old card near the game's minimum specs.
4) The only major issue I encountered is that the game will not resume keyboard control after losing focus.
5) Recommend playing with a controller, especially given the keyboard issue -- the game never loses controller lock.
6) No out-of-the-box support for a DualShock 4 controller. Was able to get controller support running with Lutris' runtime environment.
Post edited November 02, 2020 by xixas
Did anyone manage to run Project Wingman in Wine? It hangs on startup all the time.
shmerl: Is there a clean way to prevent GOG installer from dumping redistributibles like DirectX from bundled installers into the prefix? Some games bundle them (recently released Star Wars Battlefront for example).
Have you tried Star Wars Battlefront with Wine? Does it run?

Or has anybody else tried it?
eiii: Have you tried Star Wars Battlefront with Wine? Does it run?

Or has anybody else tried it?
I think I tried it a while ago. It was working.
shmerl: I think I tried it a while ago. It was working.
Sounds good. With the current price I'll probably try it. Thanks!
Post edited December 18, 2020 by eiii
Need some help running Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG Galaxy.

First, I've played years ago on PlayOnLinux without much trouble. Only workarounds to old wine.
Now, thanks to Lutris, I've been playing many GOG Games with GOG Galaxy. This week I loaded an old save I've found and started Titan Quest again now within a Lutris created prefix for GOG Galaxy.

The game loaded without problems (The old workaround is unnecessary), played a bit but after 15 or 20 minutes the game just closed itself. I looked for help but didn't found any references to this issue and I suspect that is related to be playing with GOG Galaxy.

Another games that have this problem are RiME, BROK The InvestiGator - prologue (This one don't even restart without closing all and restarting GOG Galaxy anew), Firewatch, ASTROX IMPERIUM and AER – Memories of Old,

Thanks for any help or tip.
Post edited December 29, 2020 by TaxAkla
TaxAkla: This week I loaded an old save I've found and started Titan Quest again now within a Lutris created prefix for GOG Galaxy.

The game loaded without problems (The old workaround is unnecessary), played a bit but after 15 or 20 minutes the game just closed itself.
Anything from the Lutris logs?

Do you have esync enabled? I recently found that Grim Dawn (same engine as Titan Quest) crashes after a few minutes with the latest Lutris Wine runner (lutris-6.0-rc1-x86_64) if esync is on -- runs great without it.

It was crashing out with an "eventfd: Too many open files" error in the Lutris logs -- but even raising the limit to 1048576 didn't satisfy it.
xixas: Do you have esync enabled?
Disabling ESync did the trick to Titan Quest. I've played for 1 hour without crashes. Thank you very much. I'm still need to test the other games but this information should be shared with everyone playing these games with GOG Galaxy.
Post edited December 29, 2020 by TaxAkla
xixas: Do you have esync enabled?
TaxAkla: Disabling ESync did the trick to Titan Quest. I've played for 1 hour without crashes. Thank you very much. I'm still need to test the other games but this information should be shared with everyone playing these games with GOG Galaxy.
I'm unsure if there's any performance benefit but if you wanna give it a shot and have the right kernel (with FSync patch), you can try FSync, in a few games it gives the same perf improvement as ESync but without the crashes ;)

I also can confirm enabling ESync in Grim Dawn crashes the game after a few minutes, works fine with FSync though.
Post edited December 29, 2020 by Ganni1987
Ganni1987: I also can confirm enabling ESync in Grim Dawn crashes the game after a few minutes, works fine with FSync though.
I'm on LInux Mint 20. I think I will made a backup and try to install such kernel just to try it.

Update: I've installed XanMod Kernel and played Titan Quest with Esync and Fsync enabled without any hassle. Still haven't tested that other games I listed but so far so good. Thank you
Post edited December 30, 2020 by TaxAkla
Has anyone tried Yesterday Origins or Agent A: A puzzle in disguise with Wine?
Same question for Dark Quest 1 + 2 and True Fear: Forsaken Souls.

Edit: I once again forgot about ProtonDB. According to that DB chances are good for Agent A: A puzzle in disguise and Dark Quest 2, but Yesterday Origins and True Fear: Forsaken Souls seem not to work (well) with Wine.
Post edited January 05, 2021 by eiii