It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Random_Coffee: Did anyone here try running SiN Gold in WINE?
igrok: There is some minor annoyance when starting the game with frequent switching from window to fullscreen modes, but other than that the game works fine for me. I had to set MESA_EXTENSION_MAX_YEAR=1998 as mentioned on winehq as otherwise it crashed on my RX 580. This may not be required on a different video card (this game always worked with wine on my laptop with integrated graphics but the graphics was very sluggish).
Thanks man. I bought it in the past weekend sale. Seems like it will run alright.

I'm also curious to know if Warhammer: Fire Warrior will run in WINE.
And once again I'm trying to run FEAR.. same issue as before.

I can't believe I'm the only animal on planet earth who can't get consistent mouse sensitivity out of that game?! What is my curse?
clarry:
Maybe your mouse sensitivity is too high or the driver for your mouse is less than perfect? Did you try updating the firmware in your mouse?
Post edited October 20, 2019 by Themken
Themken: Maybe your mouse sensitivity is too high
I'm using between 400 and 800 DPI, and minimum sensitivity in FEAR.

or the driver for your mouse is less than perfect? Did you try updating the firmware in your mouse?
All USB mice (with a few exceptions) on Linux use the same driver...

If the driver were bad, I probably should be seeing this issue in other applications & games.
Post edited October 20, 2019 by clarry
clarry:
No more ideas, sorry.
Nyargh. I figured I'd just play with vsync -- maybe I'd get used to the input lag after a few hours.

Turns out there's mouse acceleration (and stutter) in the game even with vsync. Sigh..
I'm slowly coming to the same conclusion that I came to a while ago when I was trying to get fear running well.

Somehow, mouse sensitivity is very much affected by framerate (crap coding? but then everyone should see this same issue, not just me!). This is obvious when you run without vsync (modern GPU will run it at hundreds of frames per second) and then toggle on vsync. Sensitivity changes dramatically. This also means that without vsync, since framerate is never constant, sensitivity is also not constant. So with vsync it is possible to achieve relatively constant mouse response.

The other issue seems to be that for some reason, with vsync on, I get microstuttering in scenes when I play at native resolution, even though my rig has no trouble maintaining 60 frames per second (minimum fps in timedemo is 90 if I run at 1920x1200 with vsync off). And that microstuttering affects inputs just as framerate jitter does. If I switch to a 4:3 resolution smaller than my native res, the microstuttering seems to disappear... and I'm finally getting consistent mouse response. 4:3 and vsync input latency is a bitter pill to swallow though. On a 85Hz CRT, it wouldn't be so bad...
clarry:
I will remember this when I get around to playing the game.

Does it still have mouse accerelation after your fixing? I hate that and that "enhance pointer precision" thing in Windows, they affect aiming badly.
Themken: Does it still have mouse accerelation after your fixing?
Lowered resolution and vsync on -> no acceleration. Now I have to try another mechanism to limit framerate without vsync. I already tried a d3d9 wrapper but that also gave lots of microstuttering. I never tested it at lower resolutions, however.

EDIT: Tested wrapper again. It can do a decent job of maintaining framerate without stutter but for some reason I'm seeing significant mouse acceleration. What the hell? Also, sensitivity with the wrapper is quite different from sensitivity with vsync, even though both maintain the same framerate. This kinda suggests that there's a separate input thread that somehow is affected by vsync but not by a sleep in RenderPresent()? Go figure.

EDIT: This is the wrapper I tried: https://github.com/ThirteenAG/d3d9-wrapper/blob/master/source/d3d9.cpp

EDIT: Still getting microstutter and jank that affects mouse response. Combined with vsync latency, the experience is just... nngh, very irritating. I can't feel immersed at all when I'm constantly up against this nagging mouse jank. I switched mouse to 125Hz poll and that does not fix it either. What the hell.

EDIT: Aand there we go, bullet sponges that don't die to three shotgun blasts in the face at point blank range. Yeah I'm done. Dang, I had really high expectations for this game, but it really manages to pull of just about every mistake (gameplay & technical) one can do with a first person shooter...
Post edited October 22, 2019 by clarry
Did anyone find a way to run Disco Elysium on a Mac?
Neat, file utility understands Windows binaries, so it's useful for determining if the game is 32-bit or 64-bit. Examples:

file witcher3.exe
witcher3.exe: PE32+ executable (GUI) x86-64, for MS Windows

file TheTechnomancer.exe
TheTechnomancer.exe: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows

I thought The Technomancer is a 64-bit game, given that it's recent. Wine failed to work for it with 64-bit prefix. Comes out it's actually 32-bit!
Post edited October 25, 2019 by shmerl
Did anyone actually manage to run The Technomancer? It keeps crashing on startup for me.
shmerl: Did anyone actually manage to run The Technomancer? It keeps crashing on startup for me.
Not that I know of. For extra fun there is this (8+ core CPU) issues. There are 3 closed (fixed) bugs for The Technomancer. Alistair hasn't opened anymore, but that could just be that he is busy with other things.
shmerl: Did anyone actually manage to run The Technomancer? It keeps crashing on startup for me.
Gydion: Not that I know of. For extra fun there is this (8+ core CPU) issues. There are 3 closed (fixed) bugs for The Technomancer. Alistair hasn't opened anymore, but that could just be that he is busy with other things.
Interesting. That's a weird bug. Why would they need to limit cores like that? I have 12.
Not the first game that has that kind of limitation. I remember Fallout 3 not liking my three core processor at all. Good thing it was fixable by only showing a chosen amount of cores to the game. I do not know how to do that on Linux though, not yet.