It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks for the pointer! I see those issues were reported.

And that provided workaround for sound in video worked! Now only the double cursor remains.
Post edited September 22, 2019 by shmerl
FYI. Dragon Age: Origins starts without sound with recent Wine due to running out of memory limitations. Setting large address aware bit on the game binary fixes it.

You can use this tool to do it: https://github.com/randomstuff/pe-set-laa
Just tried Mars: War Logs in Wine+d9vk. It also requires setting large address aware bit, the tool linked above worked fine.
Has anyone succeed to run Ankh with Wine?
eiii: Has anyone succeed to run Ankh with Wine?
No luck here with wine staging 4.17. When using Open GL renderer, the game crashes with an error. When using Direct3D, it is stuck in the main menu.
igrok: No luck here with wine staging 4.17. When using Open GL renderer, the game crashes with an error. When using Direct3D, it is stuck in the main menu.
Thanks for the info! It looks like there is no Wine version since 0.9 or 1.1 which is able to run this game.
eiii: Thanks for the info! It looks like there is no Wine version since 0.9 or 1.1 which is able to run this game.
Did you try d9vk?
shmerl: Did you try d9vk?
I do not have any newer Wine versions running, I would have to upgrade my PC first. But then the older Wine versions might stop to work. Perhaps I'll spend some time on that next X-mas.
Did anyone here try running SiN Gold in WINE?
shmerl: Did you try d9vk?
I've tried with d9vk, both 0,22 and the latest master, and I can see the menu for a bit and them the game shut down. No luck.
TaxAkla: I've tried with d9vk, both 0,22 and the latest master, and I can see the menu for a bit and them the game shut down. No luck.
Then the bug could be not related to graphics. Is there a Wine bug report about it? If there isn't, can you please open one?
Post edited October 10, 2019 by shmerl
shmerl: Then the bug could be not related to graphics. Is there a Wine bug report about it? If there isn't, can you please open one?
I've found this report: Since wine 0.9.43 there are problems with Ankh. :(
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2885
TaxAkla: I've found this report: Since wine 0.9.43 there are problems with Ankh. :(
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2885
This isn't a bug report about the crash though, so I don't think Wine developers are even tracking this.
Random_Coffee: Did anyone here try running SiN Gold in WINE?
There is some minor annoyance when starting the game with frequent switching from window to fullscreen modes, but other than that the game works fine for me. I had to set MESA_EXTENSION_MAX_YEAR=1998 as mentioned on winehq as otherwise it crashed on my RX 580. This may not be required on a different video card (this game always worked with wine on my laptop with integrated graphics but the graphics was very sluggish).
shmerl: This isn't a bug report about the crash though, so I don't think Wine developers are even tracking this.
I'll open a report them. Thank you!