It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fereos847: How exactly do I do that? Is it part of the install setup?
Download all files (exe, bin), place them in the same directory and then run "innoextract path-to-exe-file" or "wine path-to-exe-file". Bin files are automatically picked by the installer.

Note that If you are trying to install a Windows game, it makes little sense to use innoextract. You should install it using wine.
igrok: Download all files (exe, bin), place them in the same directory and then run "innoextract path-to-exe-file" or "wine path-to-exe-file". Bin files are automatically picked by the installer.
Thank you so much for clearing it up, I was confused for so long.
igrok: Download all files (exe, bin), place them in the same directory and then run "innoextract path-to-exe-file" or "wine path-to-exe-file". Bin files are automatically picked by the installer.
dude, you are the God. This thing always confused me

igrok: Note that If you are trying to install a Windows game, it makes little sense to use innoextract. You should install it using wine.
except sometimes people want to use wine's own libraries or install them via winetricks instead of using stuff, built into installer. In that case, innoextract is an awesome tool (and also if you want to automate installation of games without clicking on guis)
igrok: Note that If you are trying to install a Windows game, it makes little sense to use innoextract. You should install it using wine.
Some GOG installers bundle blobs like DX redistributables and such. It's better to use Wine itself for that. So manual installation is a workaround.

You can't really report bugs properly, if you are using implicit blobs.
Post edited August 11, 2019 by shmerl
shmerl: Some GOG installers bundle blobs like DX redistributables and such. It's better to use Wine itself for that. So manual installation is a workaround. You can't really report bugs properly, if you are using implicit blobs.
wine generally won't use the libraries from those "blobs" unless you manually change the dll load order.
So letting the installer run the DX runtime or vc runtime installer doesn't really matter usually.

unless you know what you are doing, or want to do something like @gekko_dekko mentioned above, I find that just running the installer in wine is the safer choice instead of messing with innoextract.

//edit:
downside is that for some games running the installer can be painfully slow.
Post edited August 11, 2019 by immi101
Game: Bad Dream: Coma
Version: GOG v.1.0
Installer MD5: e4f0655ee22d99bdf09d0ee7a6980f23 - setup_bad_dream_coma_1.0_(26985).exe

Distro: Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa 64-bit MATE
Kernel version: 4.15.0-55-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: 4.10 staging
WineHQ AppDB link: none

Install notes: Installs correctly, no errors. No additional libraries needed.
How well does it run: Good, except 2-3 crashes during the whole playtime; it was possible to start from last autosave then. The game has been completed.
Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board.
Update: Wine and Mesa Updated. House Fipper now runs, albeit at degraded performance.
is it possible to symlink certain folders inside wineprefix?
For example, I want some game to save data info '$HOME/.config(or /.local/share)/gamename' instead of default location somewhere in '~wineprefix/drive_c/users/username/Application Data/gamename'. Will ln do for such purpouse, or symlinks (outside of ones available in winecfg's menu) arent supported by wine?
Gekko_Dekko: is it possible to symlink certain folders inside wineprefix?
For example, I want some game to save data info '$HOME/.config(or /.local/share)/gamename' instead of default location somewhere in '~wineprefix/drive_c/users/username/Application Data/gamename'. Will ln do for such purpouse, or symlinks (outside of ones available in winecfg's menu) arent supported by wine?
winecfg itself supports explicit "links to" option for each of the common locations, like "Desktop", "My Documents" and so on. Overriding "My Documents" can commonly help with saves location. Others you can symlink yourself manually (ln -s), it should work.
Post edited August 19, 2019 by shmerl
shmerl: Others you can symlink yourself manually (ln -s), it should work.
should it? I mean - people on wine's irc has said that symlinks aside from winecfg's own arent supported and not recommended to use - applications can detect them to be symlinks. And, if said applications follow correct windows behavior - they wont work with symlinked folders correctly
Gekko_Dekko: And, if said applications follow correct windows behavior - they wont work with symlinked folders correctly
Try it, it worked for me for top level directories, like for example in the past I used to symlink $HOME/.PlayOnLinux which stored prefixes to begin with.
Gekko_Dekko: is it possible to symlink certain folders inside wineprefix?
For example, I want some game to save data info '$HOME/.config(or /.local/share)/gamename' instead of default location somewhere in '~wineprefix/drive_c/users/username/Application Data/gamename'.
No problem at all, we use symbolic links from WINE prefix to outside directories to divert saved games / configuration for some games with ./play.it.

Actually, I’ve been working on a generic implementation that seems to work quite well:
New feature: Provide a library-side way to store files from user directory outside of WINE prefix

Original issue, with more details:
WINE - Provide a library-side way to store files from user directory outside of WINE prefix
Post edited August 19, 2019 by vv221
shmerl: Others you can symlink yourself manually (ln -s), it should work.
Gekko_Dekko: should it? I mean - people on wine's irc has said that symlinks aside from winecfg's own arent supported and not recommended to use - applications can detect them to be symlinks. And, if said applications follow correct windows behavior - they wont work with symlinked folders correctly
At least on Linux, there are two alternatives that can get you a similar result without appearing to be symlinks:
1. Use a hard link (ln without the -s option); this only works within a filesystem and is not an option for directories
2. Use a bind mount; you need to be root to make the bind monut, and it only lasts until reboot. (You can make it permanent by putting it in your fstab, of course.)
Star Wars Episode I Racer is on sale, so I bought it. Did anyone run it successfully in Wine?

I've noticed a few issues:

1. Double cursor (I see system cursor and game cursor in it).
2. No sound in video sequences.
3. Some minor graphics glitches (like transparent objects).
Post edited September 20, 2019 by shmerl
shmerl: Star Wars Episode I Racer is on sale, so I bought it. Did anyone run it successfully in Wine?

I've noticed a few issues:

1. Double cursor (I see system cursor and game cursor in it).
2. No sound in video sequences.
3. Some minor graphics glitches (like transparent objects).
Yup! I did.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_judas_does_this_run_in_wine_thread_v1173/post1455