It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Themken: As in remove the 'Judas' part?
Klumpen0815: Yes, since he pretty much distanced himself from the community, afaik.
All GOG employees have. This is their new policy, quite community unfriendly. Not his fault of course, it's their management messing things up.
Post edited May 13, 2019 by shmerl
shmerl: All GOG employees have. This is their new policy, quite community unfriendly. Not his fault of course, it's their management messing things up.
I know. All probably would have been different without that Twitter outrage nonsense.

Is there a way to rename threads though?
I'm not seeing Bioshock 1 or 2 in the list on the first page. Any idea if any of these work on Linux now? Either the remaster (no idea what they did there) or the classics? From reviews it looks like the remasters (especially of Bioshock 2) are unstable and will crash a lot.
Pangaea666: I'm not seeing Bioshock 1 or 2 in the list on the first page. Any idea if any of these work on Linux now? Either the remaster (no idea what they did there) or the classics? From reviews it looks like the remasters (especially of Bioshock 2) are unstable and will crash a lot.
https://www.gog.com/forum/bioshock_series/bioshock_for_linux
https://www.gog.com/forum/bioshock_series/bioshock_2_for_linux
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/adamhms_linux_wine_wrappers_news_faq_discussion/page1
Pangaea666: I'm not seeing Bioshock 1 or 2 in the list on the first page. Any idea if any of these work on Linux now? Either the remaster (no idea what they did there) or the classics? From reviews it looks like the remasters (especially of Bioshock 2) are unstable and will crash a lot.
Remasters work pretty well in Wine+dxvk. As of now, always use dxvk for any D3D11 based games. Wined3d is simply behind in features support and performance.
Post edited May 16, 2019 by shmerl
shmerl: Remasters work pretty well in Wine+dxvk. As of now, always use dxvk for any D3D11 based games. Wined3d is simply behind in features support and performance.
Thanks to both of you :) Not sure if I will buy them yet, I did play the original Bioshock a lot back in the day, but it's somewhat reassuring to hear the remasters work allright. It looks pretty bleak from the reviews, also when I looked the most recent ones.

Great to see you have made scripts for these games no matter what I fall down on. I've had good success with some of the others =)
Pangaea666: Great to see you have made scripts for these games no matter what I fall down on. I've had good success with some of the others =)
That was @adamhm who made those scripts just to be clear :)

I have some generic Wine running scripts if you are interested:
* wine_env.sh
* wine_run.sh
* winetricks_run.sh
Post edited May 17, 2019 by shmerl
Pangaea666: Great to see you have made scripts for these games no matter what I fall down on. I've had good success with some of the others =)
shmerl: That was @adamhm who made those scripts just to be clear :)

I have some generic Wine running scripts if you are interested:
* wine_env.sh
* wine_run.sh
* winetricks_run.sh
Oh yes, of course. Sorry for mixing up the Linux lords :D

If it helps, I ate fish yesterday out in the open, not locked behind windows.
What is a good way to install Bioshock Infinite, while skipping a ton of blob redistributables it's bundled with? It even ships dx11 installer. This is really quite messy for those of us who want to use upstream Wine libraries instead of the blobs.
I guess it has to do with a wish to make the installers truly offline, for Windows users. I would personally much prefer if all installers, no matter which OS, just called for or listed the dependencies that are missing.
With the sale, I am wondering about a few games and their current status in WINE:
* Caladrius Blaze
* Raiden III
* Xanadu Next (this game, unlike other Falcom games, has had problems running in WINE for a very long time, and if it's been fixed, I would like to try this game)
I have quickly checked Caladrius Blaze in CrossOver 18.5 and it runs although text windows are corrupted making any in-game character text unreadable.
dtgreene: * Raiden III
If it helps indicate anything at all, Raiden IV runs terribly for me in Lutris/WINE.
igrok: I have quickly checked Caladrius Blaze in CrossOver 18.5 and it runs although text windows are corrupted making any in-game character text unreadable.
I suppose that isn't a major issue because it's not a text heavy game, right?
shmerl: What is a good way to install Bioshock Infinite, while skipping a ton of blob redistributables it's bundled with? It even ships dx11 installer. This is really quite messy for those of us who want to use upstream Wine libraries instead of the blobs.
I'm not sure I understand your question correctly, however:

I would just install it in a clean prefix and after it's done, I move out the game folder > delete the prefix > run game from a clean one.