It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Has anyone tried Bad Dream: Coma with Wine?
Game: F/A-18E Super Hornet
Installer MD5: bc5a6e64eb18976d92330658840cfc63 setup_f18_super_hornet_2.0.0.6.exe

Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.12.7
Kernel version: 4.15.0-47-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.107
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 4.6.

Install notes: Installs
How well does it run: Still doesn't run at all

Old report: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_judas_does_this_run_in_wine_thread_v1173/post634
te_lanus: Game: F/A-18E Super Hornet
Installer MD5: bc5a6e64eb18976d92330658840cfc63 setup_f18_super_hornet_2.0.0.6.exe
Looks like this has a misspelled AppDB page?
te_lanus: Install notes: Installs
How well does it run: Still doesn't run at all
From that try disabling full motion video playback, winetricks d3dx9_36 & setting the version to Windows 98. As you know CSMT is the default for awhile now and I doubt you need to hide wine version from it. It may need other d3d overrides in current Wine.

shmerl: Does anyone know, since Wine is now bundling Mono, why is updating prefix with 4.7 still asking about installing a Mono package?
Most likely that Wine isn't bundling Mono. Wine now supports a central Mono directory versus a copy of Mono in each prefix. If it can't find the central Mono directory it falls back to the old behavior. Actually, if anything goes wrong it falls back to the old method of installing/updating. While it's a nice improvement I didn't pay close attention to the patches as I have Mono in two or three prefixes, if that.
Post edited May 06, 2019 by Gydion
Is there a clean way to prevent GOG installer from dumping redistributibles like DirectX from bundled installers into the prefix? Some games bundle them (recently released Star Wars Battlefront for example).

I can of course manually unpack the game and just use the directory, but it's not always working cleanly, especially when installer is doing some extra stuff like adding keys to registry and such. Another way is to let installer run, and then trying to clean out the installed noise of dlls. But it's annoying to do as well. I'd like to have a vanilla prefix and game installed without any extra blobs.

Gydion: Most likely that Wine isn't bundling Mono. Wine now supports a central Mono directory versus a copy of Mono in each prefix. If it can't find the central Mono directory it falls back to the old behavior. Actually, if anything goes wrong it falls back to the old method of installing/updating. While it's a nice improvement I didn't pay close attention to the patches as I have Mono in two or three prefixes, if that.
I see, thanks.
Post edited May 08, 2019 by shmerl
my distro's repo (arch-based) offer wine-staging only as a replacement for the non-staging branch, which I've used for a while. Is it safe to upgrade to staging, or it may break some settings? (registry keys in particular)
Post edited May 09, 2019 by Gekko_Dekko
Gekko_Dekko: my distro's repo (arch-based) offer wine-staging only as a replacement for the non-staging branch, which I've used for a while. Is it safe to upgrade to staging, or it may break some settings? (registry keys in particular)
I generally prefer to use stock Wine, unless there is a reason to patch it. Recently I built wine-esync with patches taken from staging, but only for esync. Applying whole set of staging patches is probably an overkill for most cases.
Gekko_Dekko: my distro's repo (arch-based) offer wine-staging only as a replacement for the non-staging branch, which I've used for a while. Is it safe to upgrade to staging, or it may break some settings? (registry keys in particular)
shmerl: I generally prefer to use stock Wine, unless there is a reason to patch it. Recently I built wine-esync with patches taken from staging, but only for esync. Applying whole set of staging patches is probably an overkill for most cases.
overkill or not - Im too lazy to build wine by myself (especially since my laptop isnt that powerfull and it takes about a hour to do so). So - I can only take what s already been made (and since there are no binary downloads on wine's official site - I get it from my distro's repos)
by the way. Is it possible to have a separate locations for wine prefixes and installed games?
E.g - have "one for each game" prefixes somewhere in $HOME, but put actual data of all games into one large directory on another disk?
I'm not sure if it has been posted before, and don't see it in the lists on the front page.

Oh, and although I may not appear to be a reliable source, I can confirm the Craft The World (the single player campaign) runs flawlessly in Wine on two different versions of Ubuntu Mate (14.04.5 & 18.04.2), and have racked up nearly 200 hours playing it this way.

Game: Craft The World (GOG version 1.5.003 & 1.4.014)

Distro: Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 LTS 64 Bit

Desktop: Mate

Kernel version: Linux 4.15.0-48-generic x86_64

Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce 1050Ti GTX (using Nouveau open-source drivers)

Wine version: Wine 4.0~bionic 64 Bit (stable)

Install notes: Installed fine, apart from a few harmless error requesters at the end of installation.

How does it run: Great!, no problems at all in the single player campaign, which is all I've tried. Though I do know it does run fast/smoother with the official Nvidia Linux drivers, I could not be bothered to install them after upgrading to Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2, as I felt it didn't warrant it for such little gain. And the fact that the system is an Intel Core i7 3770 3.4Ghz with 16gigs of RAM.
Gekko_Dekko: by the way. Is it possible to have a separate locations for wine prefixes and installed games?
E.g - have "one for each game" prefixes somewhere in $HOME, but put actual data of all games into one large directory on another disk?
Not sure there's much point to trying to separate out game data and wine prefixes. It's messy when you consider actual game assets & binaries, savegames/profiles/configs, registry keys, dlls & overrides, wine configs..

Why not simply put the prefixes on that other disk?
clarry: Why not simply put the prefixes on that other disk?
cuz it will be easier (less space-consuming) to backup this way? And coz, if something will go wrong, I ll be able to switch to another prefix at will, without messing with executables
clarry: Why not simply put the prefixes on that other disk?
Gekko_Dekko: cuz it will be easier (less space-consuming) to backup this way? And coz, if something will go wrong, I ll be able to switch to another prefix at will, without messing with executables
Well if your backup solution does dedup, there's hardly any difference in space consumption (and, well, prefixes tend to be small anyway unless you install a ton of crap which is usually not needed anyway).

That said, you could try symlink your 'prefix/drive_c/GOG Games' to your game disk.
This thread should be renamed by now.
Klumpen0815: This thread should be renamed by now.
As in remove the 'Judas' part?
Klumpen0815: This thread should be renamed by now.
Themken: As in remove the 'Judas' part?
Yes, since he pretty much distanced himself from the community, afaik.