It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ganni1987: https://www.pkgs.org

Type the package name, select distro and download the package
Matruchus: Thanks, though its going to be hard getting all the dependencies down.

Edit: I see this installs the libraries, not sure if I want this. I already broke my system once with this.
You can extract the libraries from the deb package wherever you want without installing.
tried Majesty 2 and Emperor - Rise of The Middle Kindom with wine 3.12.

Both games work, but feature audio glitches (scaling from almost-unheard in majesty's main menu to heavy mixing issues in emperor's campaign.
Dunno if there is a way to fix it - didnt uninstall pulsa from my current setup yet (but, since planning - dont wanna change its default settings)
Gekko_Dekko: As for thread's theme:
Settlers 2: 10th anniversary works, but has HUGE perfomance issues. I mean - it runs with like 5 fps on dedicated gpu
Performance was perfect as recently as wine 3.1; but confirmed that it's atrocious for wine 3.2 through 3.13. I haven't spent any time investigating beyond that. However, two seconds googling tells me that CSMT was enabled by default as of 3.2, so that's a very likely culprit.
Game: Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon
Version: GOG v. 1.0 EN
Installer MD5:
- e53f974fa1042cb65a8f5fd9d2ee3b58 setup_broken_sword_3_-_the_sleeping_dragon_1.0_(19115).exe
- 3901d740c9071b43eae5b5e3566ef4c6 setup_broken_sword_3_-_the_sleeping_dragon_1.0_(19115)-1.bin

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Sarah MATE 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-130-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.10-staging
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19116

Install notes: Installs correctly. Installed with PlayOnLinux (but without any script or predefined settings; as a non-listed application). A few runtime errors appeared at the end of installation process (quite usual GOG installers' behaviour), but they have no impact on how the game works.
How well does it run: Perfect. The game has been completed. No issues.
Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board.
Game: Forsaken Remastered
Installer MD5: b4eca6790efc6ee34d88f63d3a4f7f44 setup_forsaken_1.4.0_(22615).exe

Distro: Kubuntu 18.04 64-bit
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.12.6
Kernel version: 4.15.0-29-generic x86_64
Graphics card:
GeForce GT 240
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.12-staging
WineHQ AppDB link: None yet

Install notes: Installs correctly. Installed via Lutris. A few runtime errors appeared at the end of installation process (quite usual GOG installers' behaviour), but they have no impact on how the game works.
How well does it run: Perfect. played the first level and had no issues.

https://imgur.com/RqcmVaM
te_lanus: Game: Forsaken Remastered
Good to know, thanks :) If only we could have the native version though..
gogtrial34987: Performance was perfect as recently as wine 3.1; but confirmed that it's atrocious for wine 3.2 through 3.13. I haven't spent any time investigating beyond that. However, two seconds googling tells me that CSMT was enabled by default as of 3.2, so that's a very likely culprit.
yes, it was.

Updated stats:
Settlers 2, The 10th Anniversary, wine 3.12.
To make it work, you will need some regedit magic:
- Open wine's regedit
- Browse to 'Software' subdirectory under 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER'
- Select 'Wine'
- Create (if doesnt exist) 'AppDefaults' subdirectory in it
- Then 'S2DNG.exe' subdirectory inside AppDefaults (atleast if you are running the game via its executable)
- Then 'Direct3D' inside 'S2DNG.exe'
- Inside 'Direct3D', make a REG_DWORD value and call it 'csmt'
- Set its value to '0x0' (for me it was like this out of box)
Overall, at the end you will get something similar to attached screenshot.

Then feel free to launch the game - perfomance will be great again and I didnt notice any other issues so far
Attachments:
Installed via Lutris.
What does this mean?
Gekko_Dekko: Updated stats:
Settlers 2, The 10th Anniversary, wine 3.12.
Or simply winetricks csmt=off. FYI, generally speaking, if you have trouble with a game one of the first things to do is to install it in a new, clean prefix. In this case you would still need to disable CSMT.

For Emperor I had no sound sound issues. Only thing I did was disable CSMT. Though that was with Wine 3.11.

Anyone try Ys: Memories of Celceta yet?
Post edited August 02, 2018 by Gydion
Gydion: Or simply winetricks csmt=off. FYI, generally speaking, if you have trouble with a game one of the first things to do is to install it in a new, clean prefix. In this case you would still need to disable CSMT.

For Emperor I had no sound sound issues. Only thing I did was disable CSMT. Though that was with Wine 3.11.
Thanks for tip. Well, making dozen of prefixes for each game is kinda painfull and space-consuming (especially when it comes to additional dependencies), so I tend to avoid it (and its not the most newbie-friendly process, so my post still make sense for people who just wanna disable csmt for one game, not whole prefix).

Will try Emperor later :)
Post edited August 03, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko
Installed via Lutris.
Gydion: What does this mean?
Just used Lutris to do all the manual work of creating the wine-prefix, and used it more like a basic frontend for wine
te_lanus: Just used Lutris to do all the manual work of creating the wine-prefix, and used it more like a basic frontend for wine
Perfect, thanks.
te_lanus: ...
Gydion: ...
Hey, how it works? I never used Lutris, but now I'm googling around and it looks really interesting, especially in case of my Steam games with no Linux support. Do I understand correctly that it may allow me to run some Steam games using Wine without launching actual Steam client?
Actually, on the matter of Settlers 2, I didn't even have to do any command line trickery or sorcerers spells.

I just made an entry for it in winecfg and then disabled the depreciated option.
ciemnogrodzianin: Hey, how it works?
its basically a launcher with a bunch of scripts to automatize installation of known software. E.g playonlinux, but more general-purpose, than just a wine gui.

ciemnogrodzianin: Do I understand correctly that it may allow me to run some Steam games using Wine without launching actual Steam client?
not really. Most likely, it works the same way, you launch steam games from desktop shortcut. Except its not a desktop shortcut, but a position in launcher. And installation/configuring process of steam and other dependencies is automated
Game: Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death (Secrets of the Ark)
Version: GOG v. 1.1 EN
Installer MD5:
- b53297cce551b12e8bef23dade1eda68 setup_broken_sword_4_1.1_(15751).exe
- 4518a353cc41a95745095ddfb220c750 setup_broken_sword_4_1.1_(15751)-1.bin

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Sarah MATE 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-131-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.13 64-bit
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=27096

Install notes: Installs correctly. Installed with PlayOnLinux (but without any script or predefined settings; just as a non-listed application). No traditional runtime errors from GOG installer appeared. Installer informs that Wine Mono package is needed - I've clicked "Install". As game needs DirectX to run properly, directx9 package was also installed for Wine. Running the game without it results in black screen with sound only. According to what Gydion said, this should work instead with just d3dcompiler_43; no need to install whole directx9 package.

How well does it run: Perfect. The game has been completed. No issues.

Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board. I've set all graphical options to maximum and considering my laptop's temperature - it was quite challenging for my hardware, but there was no hiccups and game ran smoothly.
Post edited August 13, 2018 by ciemnogrodzianin