It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Random_Coffee: Has anyone here gotten Tropico 5 working? It launches into the main menu just fine, but it crashes as soon as I start a campaign, and sound doesn't work.

wine-staging-nine 2.21-1
RX 470 4GB (open-source drivers)
Manjaro Linux
Cinnamon 3.6.6
You might want to give Wine 3.2 a try since a) most CSMT functions are in there and you can turn CSMT on or off with the latest version of winetricks and b) I believe Wine 3.2 has had some sound-related patches added so that *could* help with your sound problems.
ciemnogrodzianin: PlayOnLinux.
Then you specifically added d3dx11_42 d3dx11_43. Can you edit that in? Thanks.
Gydion: ...
And here comes the problem, because it looks like on screenshot attached.
For DX10 and 11 versions are not specified in PlayOnLinux interface. As I removed virtual drive containing the game files, I'm also no able to check it somewhere inside Wine config...

Oh, and native Linux installer of Vaporum is already delivered! :)
Attachments:
d3dx11.png (38 Kb)
ciemnogrodzianin: And here comes the problem, because it looks like on screenshot attached.
Yeah, I understand. Since you said you are using POL I checked the source for that function and it adds native d3dx11_42 d3dx11_43 with their overrides. You don't need to check the old prefix. The rest of it looks good. If you would care to edit that in then I'll add it to the list.
ciemnogrodzianin: Oh, and native Linux installer of Vaporum is already delivered! :)
Yes, good news. (no ™) Haven't notice any complaints about bugs either.
Game: Tempest & DLC
Installer MD5:
694bafe576c26363f277ec6a70041de9 setup_tempest_1.2.1_(18968).exe
61af89fa4a193b3e7a958da81b347063 setup_tempest_-_jade_sea_1.2.1_(18968).exe
33ba7b7dbe365aa5cf9ce5efbc7ae3d9 setup_tempest_-_treasure_lands_1.2.1_(18968).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: GOG
CodeWeavers link: None
Distro: Ubuntu Mate 16.04 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-116-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 304.104
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.3 via PlayOnLinux,

Install notes: Install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux, start the game from/create shortcut from "tempest.exe"
How well does it run: pretty well, finished the tutorial, and played a bit of the first mission

Old Report: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_judas_does_this_run_in_wine_thread_v1173/post537
Post edited March 04, 2018 by te_lanus
Gydion: ...
OK, done, if I understand correctly.
I'm testing the GOG version right now.
So far I can get to the menu and change video settings, but once I load the level, cutscenes do not run.
I'm messing around with codecs and "staging" versions of Wine.

I even asked MrDeath Jr how he got the cutscenes to run.
brianinthered: I'm testing the GOG version right now.
So far I can get to the menu and change video settings, but once I load the level, cutscenes do not run.
For this to be a useful post you need to include the actual game, system info, etc. Pretty sure no one has any idea what you are talking about.
ciemnogrodzianin: OK, done, if I understand correctly.
You do, thanks.
Post edited March 06, 2018 by Gydion
Forgot to post this in here. Staging 3.3 is out. First since Staging 2.21 & from the new fork.
Before the sale ends, I'm thinking I might pick up Ground Control. Has anyone here tried wining it?
New Witcher 3 sale so again I wonder if the game runs properly on Linux now?

Of course they should have released it on Linux like they promised, but *grumble-grumble*
Pangaea666: New Witcher 3 sale so again I wonder if the game runs properly on Linux now?
Still not running well enough yet, but even if it was running perfectly in Wine I'd still recommend waiting for a bigger discount, in order to encourage more Linux releases... save the higher price purchases for games that support Linux natively :)
Post edited March 24, 2018 by adamhm
Since I just used it, I'll try putting this in the proper format:

Game: TES Construction Set (Morrowind)
Installer MD5: 3a027504a0e4599f8c6b5b5bcc87a5c6
Distro: Debian Stretch
Kernel version: 4.8.0-2-amd64
Graphics card: Intel HD 4000 series (CPU is a 4670)
Graphics driver & version: In-kernel open source driver
Window manager: Fluxbox 1.3.5
Wine version(s) tested: wine-1.8.7 (Debian 1.8.7-2)

Install notes: Installing Morrowind will install the construction set
How well does it run: Save As does not work. However, the autosave feature does work; if you make a change and enable autosaving, a file called AutoSave.bak will be created. Rename the file to something with an .esp extension, and you can then load and save just fine.

(The game itself runs OK, though there are still some bugs (including the occasional crash), but my understanding is that those problems also appear on Windows and aren't Wine's fault.)

Now, on the same system (no change in hardware or Wine version):

Game: TES Construction Set (Oblivion)
Installer MD5:
0a95bcd9add087eaafa12483b54aafe4 setup_oblivion_1.2.0416_cs_(12732)-1.bin
b75185e0c40cb5851cfc9a326aac134f setup_oblivion_1.2.0416_cs_(12732)-2.bin
c481045890f3ee32d2b335de15a97222 setup_oblivion_1.2.0416_cs_(12732).exe
(Other fields the same)

Install notes: Installing Oblivion will install the construction set:
How well does it run: Rather well. The Save As feature even works properly (unlike the one in Morrowind). One thing to note: After loading the .esm base, the interface may seem unresponsive for a bit, and you may not be able to Alt-Tab out of the Construction Set.during this time; that's because the program is still loading and processing the data. Once it finishes, you can Alt-Tab away just fine.

(The game itself runs, but there is a bit of stutter at times, and sometimes the game eats your inputs, which is annoying, but it's still playable.)
Pangaea666: New Witcher 3 sale so again I wonder if the game runs properly on Linux now?
adamhm: Still not running well enough yet, but even if it was running perfectly in Wine I'd still recommend waiting for a bigger discount, in order to encourage more Linux releases... save the higher price purchases for games that support Linux natively :)
It's 60% off now, but utterly pointless to buy it if I can't properly play it yet. I'm on Linux only, and will never go back.

Bought Stardew Valley a few days ago, so will just keep playing that instead. These AAA and suchlike huge developers could learn a thing or two from one-man teams.....
dtgreene: <Morrowind>
For this I recommend trying OpenMW: https://openmw.org/en/

dtgreene: <Oblivion>
For this I recommend using a newer Wine version, and also install OBSE and the stutter remover mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/23208/

Perhaps try my wrapper, which is based on Wine Staging 2.21 with CSMT enabled :)

Pangaea666: It's 60% off now, but utterly pointless to buy it if I can't properly play it yet. I'm on Linux only, and will never go back.
At its current pricing I'd recommend waiting for at least an 80% discount before considering it for use with Wine.
Post edited March 25, 2018 by adamhm