It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anyone already tried to port The Long Journey Home? I'm asking, because I didn't buy the game yet but I might want to buy it in near future, if it runs under Wine ... or maybe a native version will be released?

Or Starpoint Gemini Warlords?
Post edited June 09, 2017 by Silverhawk170485
Game: SWAT 4: Gold Edition
Installer MD5: 410992ea13187156a8632fead5c38d0e setup_swat4_gold_2.0.0.4.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=4267
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/swat-4

Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.13.0-32
Graphics card: AMD RX 480 8GB
Graphics driver & version: Open source, with Mesa 17.3.2 from Padoka's stable Mesa PPA
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.0 (with CSMT and virtual desktop enabled)

Install notes: Mostly install & play. Requires UseGLSL set to disabled or you can disable the "Allow PS 2.0 Shaders" option ingame to get it to render properly.
How well does it run: Perfect
Details: Fully played through in a prior version of Wine with no sign of any problems, seems to run just as well in Wine 3.0. It tampers with the display gamma and fails to reset it to its original settings on exit though (as with the other games that do this, use xgamma to correct it after playing). If running the game with virtual desktop enabled, you also need to set "Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows".

See also: previous report posted by te_lanus

Wine wrapper
I have put together a Linux Wine wrapper for this game. For more information, see the release thread in the game's forum: https://www.gog.com/forum/swat_series/swat_4_for_linux
Post edited February 03, 2018 by adamhm
adamhm: Game: SWAT 4: Gold Edition
How well does it run: Almost perfect
So SWAT 4 runs a lot better than SWAT 3 under Wine and actually is playable?
eiii: So SWAT 4 runs a lot better than SWAT 3 under Wine and actually is playable?
Aside from the ones already mentioned in the report I haven't encountered any issues with the game so far
eiii: So SWAT 4 runs a lot better than SWAT 3 under Wine and actually is playable?
adamhm: Aside from the ones already mentioned in the report I haven't encountered any issues with the game so far
Good, than SWAT 4 will replace SWAT 3 on my priority list. Thanks for testing!

But it may have to wait for the next sale, my list for this sale already is too long..
Post edited June 15, 2017 by eiii
FYI: I submitted the info on how to run The Witcher 3 in decently playable way to WineHQ.

See howtos there for key details.
Post edited June 15, 2017 by shmerl
Hello. I didn't see any entry for Singularity. How the game works under Wine?
Game: Dungeon Rats
Version 1.0.6

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Sarah MATE 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-79-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.22

Install notes: Installs properly. Requires d3dcompiler and devenum. Game started with DR64.exe.
How well does it run: Perfect. Game completed without any significant problem.
Details: There are small graphical artifacts visible in part of locations (black squares between floor and walls). It does not affect the gameplay and it's the only problem you should expect as a Linux/Wine user.
Post edited June 16, 2017 by ciemnogrodzianin
adamhm: Game: SWAT 4: Gold Edition
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 2.0
Thanks. Why are you using such an old version of Staging? Performance wise should be fine up to 2.3, possibly 2.5. Is this with CSMT? There is also a previous report for this.
ciemnogrodzianin: Game: Dungeon Rats
Version 1.0.6
This needs both the file hash of the installer and the AppDB link, thanks.
Post edited June 16, 2017 by Gydion
ciemnogrodzianin: Game: Dungeon Rats
Version 1.0.6

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Sarah MATE 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-79-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.22

Install notes: Installs properly. Requires d3dcompiler and devenum. Game started with DR64.exe.
How well does it run: Perfect. Game completed without any significant problem.
Details: There are small graphical artifacts visible in part of locations (black squares between floor and walls). It does not affect the gameplay and it's the only problem you should expect as a Linux/Wine user.
You may want to update to the 2.X series of Wine, 1.9.22 might be missing fixes that fix the graphical artifacts but I am not sure. It's always good to test against the latest development version...
Gydion: Thanks. Why are you using such an old version of Staging? Performance wise should be fine up to 2.3, possibly 2.5. Is this with CSMT? There is also a previous report for this.
Because I've been working on a wrapper for it & try to use a single "standardised" version for my wrappers when possible, so that's what's been getting the most testing. No reason the game shouldn't work with 2.10 though... I did test briefly to see if it resolved any of the issues I encountered with it on my systems with the open graphics drivers - unfortunately it didn't & it seems to perform no differently with that.

Yes, this was with CSMT - I forgot to mention that as it's basically a default setting for me now.
Copy/pasta here (+formatting)?
Is it me or does Igor not know what bronze means (his test)? Unless 1 FPS is somehow playable?
Gydion: There is also a previous report for this.
adamhm: Yes, this was with CSMT - I forgot to mention that as it's basically a default setting for me now.
Updated. Mind linking to the previous report?
Post edited June 16, 2017 by Gydion
Gydion: Updated. Mind linking to the previous report?
Done
Gydion: Copy/pasta here (+formatting)?
GOG forum unfortunately isn't even on par with regular vBulletin style forums, so transferring those howtos there would be annoying. Anyway, I think they are self explanatory as is, unless anyone needs more details on the process of building Wine and making a new prefix.
Post edited June 16, 2017 by shmerl
Thanks to the good discounts in the current sale I have quite some games on my list which do not have a report in this thread. Has anyone already tried the GOG version of one of the following games?

- Space Rangers HD: A War Apart (WineHQ: gold)
- Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The (WineHQ: gold)
- Dark Reign + Expansion (WineHQ: bronze)
- Dark Reign 2 (WineHQ: gold)
- Strategic Command: European Theater (WineHQ: gold)
- Anomaly Defenders (no WineHQ entry)
- Warhammer®: Shadow of the Horned Rat (WineHQ: garbage)
- Z: The Game (WineHQ: garbage?)
- Starship Titanic (WineHQ: bronze)
- Pilot Brothers 2 (no WineHQ entry)
- Pilot Brothers 3: Back Side of the Earth (no WineHQ entry)
- Restaurant Empire (WineHQ: silver)

As the Linux port of at least the first Anomaly game is rather bad has anyone tried the other Anomaly games under Wine? Or has tried the Linux ports of them?
Post edited June 17, 2017 by eiii