It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gydion: Exactly what are the errors and Wine version used? It may not be exhausting total VRAM, but instead running out of buffer resources, shaders, etc, etc.
I've set aside the game recently, but I'll get on that ASAP.

In the meantime, might Judas know if Empires: Dawn of the Modern World works in WINE? AppDB tests for WINE 2.3 aren't good, but that was for the old retail disc version.
Gydion: Exactly what are the errors and Wine version used? It may not be exhausting total VRAM, but instead running out of buffer resources, shaders, etc, etc.
rampancy: I've set aside the game recently, but I'll get on that ASAP.

In the meantime, might Judas know if Empires: Dawn of the Modern World works in WINE? AppDB tests for WINE 2.3 aren't good, but that was for the old retail disc version.
If I had access to my Linux machine, I would try it and let you know buuuut I am on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean right about now :P
Post edited May 12, 2017 by JudasIscariot
rampancy: In the meantime, might Judas know if Empires: Dawn of the Modern World works in WINE? AppDB tests for WINE 2.3 aren't good, but that was for the old retail disc version.
I had a quick try, and got the same broblem as what the appDB describe, using Wine 2.7-staging
Don't see Alan Wake in the list on page 1, so does that mean it doesn't work on Linux?
Pangaea666: Don't see Alan Wake in the list on page 1, so does that mean it doesn't work on Linux?
It's one of the games I regularly re-test with new versions of Wine... it's playable, but it has a number of issues (has had them for quite a long time) and since the game relies on atmosphere quite a lot I consider them to be enough to write it off for now: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/forum/alan-wake?msg=188929
Ah rats :-(
Pangaea666: Don't see Alan Wake in the list on page 1, so does that mean it doesn't work on Linux?
adamhm: It's one of the games I regularly re-test with new versions of Wine... it's playable, but it has a number of issues (has had them for quite a long time) and since the game relies on atmosphere quite a lot I consider them to be enough to write it off for now: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/forum/alan-wake?msg=188929
Worked pretty fine for me (Wine 2.7 Staging with CSMT). The only issue I got from those you mention in the Codeweavers forum is that of the "moving Moon" (I've also only played the the intro/tutorial part, though).

On a related note, Alan Wake's American Nightmare also worked quite well with the same setup.
adamhm: It's one of the games I regularly re-test with new versions of Wine... it's playable, but it has a number of issues (has had them for quite a long time) and since the game relies on atmosphere quite a lot I consider them to be enough to write it off for now: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/forum/alan-wake?msg=188929
Bugger, that doesn't sound promising :( Thanks for looking into it though, and of course for the excellent work in this thread and others.
Post edited May 15, 2017 by Pangaea666
Do you get the map bug in Saboteur in Wine? According to this thread, it's fixed in the GOG version, but I still get it (markers are messed up by map zooming).

I set resolution manually (1920x1200) in config.ini, since game settings tool crashes in Wine. Is there anything else that needs to be set to avoid that bug?
Post edited May 21, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: I set resolution manually (1920x1200) in config.ini, since game settings tool crashes in Wine. Is there anything else that needs to be set to avoid that bug?
Is that new?
adamhm: Install notes: Requires dxfullsetup (only necessary to run the display settings tool)
Run "VideoSetup.exe" (or edit ~/Documents/My Games/The Saboteur™/SaveGames/config.ini manually if you don't want to install dxfullsetup) to configure display settings first
I don't know how much that would effect the map either way.
shmerl: Do you get the map bug in Saboteur in Wine? According to this thread, it's fixed in the GOG version, but I still get it (markets are messed up by map zooming).

I set resolution manually (1920x1200) in config.ini, since game settings tool crashes in Wine. Is there anything else that needs to be set to avoid that bug?
I read your post and I installed the game on Linux/Wine (2.4-devel). The bug is present, even after full directx installation (directx9).

Since I have access these days to my old Windows XP desktop, I played and finished the game on it. I can confirm that markers are shown and scale correctly on Windows XP. On the other hand alarm circles don't scale the right way, but I don't know, if this is part of the same bug or just another one.

EDIT: Linux/Wine and Windows XP used, run on the same hardware.
Post edited May 20, 2017 by vanchann
vanchann: I read your post and I installed the game on Linux/Wine (2.4-devel). The bug is present, even after full directx installation (directx9).
I wonder if GOG can explain what exactly their fix is. It would help understanding whether it's a bug in Wine, or their hack somehow isn't really following standards?

@JudasIscariot: Can you please ping GOG developers about it?
Post edited May 21, 2017 by shmerl
vanchann: I read your post and I installed the game on Linux/Wine (2.4-devel). The bug is present, even after full directx installation (directx9).
shmerl: I wonder if GOG can explain what exactly their fix is. It would help understanding whether it's a bug in Wine, or their hack somehow isn't really following standards?

@JudasIscariot: Can you please ping GOG developers about it?
It sounds like a Wine bug to me since the fix, whatever it is, works in Windows. I would submit a bug to WineHQ while mentioning that it's specific to the GOG version of the game. Be sure to add your terminal output while you have the map open.

I am wary of asking about this since the game is being ran in a very much unsupported way. It's not that I don't want to or anything but I do hope you see my position on the matter.
JudasIscariot: It sounds like a Wine bug to me since the fix, whatever it is, works in Windows. I would submit a bug to WineHQ while mentioning that it's specific to the GOG version of the game. Be sure to add your terminal output while you have the map open.

I am wary of asking about this since the game is being ran in a very much unsupported way. It's not that I don't want to or anything but I do hope you see my position on the matter.
I don't want it to look like support request either. It's just a way to narrow down the issue. Without knowing what GOG modified in the game, it would be pretty hard for Wine developers to trace down what's wrong.

If you think asking this can cause some problems, I guess may be someone with non GOG version can run binary comparison and identify any differences? Part of the problem is, that it's probably not the only modification that GOG made.
Post edited May 22, 2017 by shmerl
The Witcher 3 - Wine 2.8 staging || Improvements, they do exist...

https://youtu.be/kyZAqUO9X9U