It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Game: Commandos 2: Men of Courage
Installer MD5: 7452779373b9289c14d78aa2a7f7e742 setup_commandos2_2.1.0.16.exe
<span class="bold">WineHQ AppDB link</span>

Distro: Arch Linux 64 bits
Kernel version: 4.10.4-1-ARCH
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary, v378.13
Wine version tested: Wine v2.3 Staging

Installation: Only tried it on a clean 32-bit prefix. No winetricks needed.

How well does it run: Almost perfect (only tried the first tutorial, though), except for two issues:

1) Intro videos are skipped (bug #9127)

2) Sometimes I got the same graphical glitch as in Commandos: BEL and Commandos: BtCoD, usually in the options screens: either the one in the main menu or when pressing the Escape key in-game. But within the missions the mouse stayed in the main game area and had no problems.
Post edited March 31, 2017 by muntdefems
Game: Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
Installer MD5s:
0ca38fbfffb6227340fc9f7a761411e3 setup_commandos3_2.1.0.16.exe
74f5ff7c14045ea7c0d254bf856142d7 patch_commandos3_hotkey.exe
<span class="bold">WineHQ AppDB link</span>

Distro: Arch Linux 64 bits
Kernel version: 4.10.4-1-ARCH
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary, v378.13
Wine version tested: Wine v2.3 Staging

Installation: Only tried it on a clean 32-bit prefix. No winetricks needed.

How well does it run: Perfect (only tried the tutorial and the first mission of the first campaign, though).
Post edited March 31, 2017 by muntdefems
Urnoev: Part of that is a changed "goggame-[ID].ico" file, which now apparently has multiple layers?
shmerl: It always had multiple layers. If you want to use that, extract the biggest one in Gimp for example (I just delete all smaller layers and export to PNG). I'm sure imagemagick also can handle that.
If that is so, then what has changed to cause them to not be displayed?
Yeah, I am aware of that option, but since the GOG icons are a bit weird with their round frame and I'd have to get a proper icon some other way anyway, extracting the game's original ones from the executables is fine for me. :)
Urnoev: If that is so, then what has changed to cause them to not be displayed?
ico files from GOG installers never worked for me in the past in KDE (without extracting them to PNG), that's why I didn't know anything changed.
muntdefems: How well does it run: Seemingly perfect (only tried the tutorial mission, though), with only a graphical bug/annoyance. When running the game at fullscreen the mouse isn't locked to the 'game region', so when moving it to up the rightmost/lowermost parts of the screen, the 'game region' pans towards the left/upwards, showing my desktop underneath (much like described in ). The only solution I've found for playing the game on fullscreen is using a workaround like the one mentioned in [url=https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=33632#c22]Comment#22 of that bug (the downside is that it changes the whole desktop resolution, so many icons in it got clustered together).
Have you tried using a Virtual Desktop?
Post edited March 24, 2017 by te_lanus
Game: Delta Force: Black Hawk Down
Installer MD5:
f4b371d3fbfe40375678d80b90433924 setup_delta_force_black_hawk_down_1.5.0_(10720).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: GOG Version

Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial
Desktop: MATE 1.16.1
Kernel: 4.4.0-67-generic x86_64
GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.102

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.4 via PlayOnLinux with no winetricks (Virtual Desktop Enabled)

How Well Does It Run: Runs quite well, Played over three hours, only froze once so far.
Attachments:
Post edited March 25, 2017 by te_lanus
muntdefems: How well does it run: Seemingly perfect (only tried the tutorial mission, though), with only a graphical bug/annoyance. When running the game at fullscreen the mouse isn't locked to the 'game region', so when moving it to up the rightmost/lowermost parts of the screen, the 'game region' pans towards the left/upwards, showing my desktop underneath (much like described in ). The only solution I've found for playing the game on fullscreen is using a workaround like the one mentioned in [url=https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=33632#c22]Comment#22 of that bug (the downside is that it changes the whole desktop resolution, so many icons in it got clustered together).
te_lanus: Have you tried using a Virtual Desktop?
Yes, with a virtual desktop it works fine. But I prefer to play in fullscreen and not in a tiny window. And more so with these kind of games in which you pan around by moving the mouse to the edge of the screen.
King of Dragon Pass in the latest appears to be perfect, I haven't gone that far. I'm noting this because of it's interesting resolution settings. To get this to run in a neat window in Wineskin you'll need the latest (at most) Wine version and need to do these settings: Override your screen settings to a 640x480 Virtual Desktop (not fullscreen), and remember to always click "always use these settings" instead of Force Normal Windows. No Winetricks needed. Sometimes it'll boot into a full window and that will result in a mess, just quit the application and restart it in this case. It's specifically a Wineskin bug, as far as I can tell.

Used to be some scrollbars would show up and obscure the bottom of the window. But that has been fixed it seems. Now it works out better than a windowed mode launcher on Windows.
Post edited March 25, 2017 by Projectsonic
muntdefems: Game: Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
muntdefems: Game: Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty
muntdefems: Game: Commandos 2: Men of Courage
muntdefems: Game: Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
Videos.

Which games are the videos working in, do any of the games have no videos and possibly what is needed to have working videos. Otherwise you should note that the videos are skipped.
Post edited March 25, 2017 by Gydion
Game: Delta Force: Task Force Dagger
Installer MD5:
341b309400f53bb8cf9fcac440ce20a4 setup_delta_force_task_force_dagger_1.00.09_(10720).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: Retail Version

Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial
Desktop: MATE 1.16.1
Kernel: 4.4.0-67-generic x86_64
GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.102

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.4 via PlayOnLinux with no winetricks (Virtual Desktop Enabled)

How Well Does It Run: Runs good so far, only played trhee missions, without any problems
Projectsonic: King of Dragon Pass in the latest appears to be perfect, I haven't gone that far. I'm noting this because of it's interesting resolution settings. To get this to run in a neat window in Wineskin you'll need the latest (at most) Wine version and need to do these settings: Override your screen settings to a 640x480 Virtual Desktop (not fullscreen), and remember to always click "always use these settings" instead of Force Normal Windows. No Winetricks needed. Sometimes it'll boot into a full window and that will result in a mess, just quit the application and restart it in this case. It's specifically a Wineskin bug, as far as I can tell.

Used to be some scrollbars would show up and obscure the bottom of the window. But that has been fixed it seems. Now it works out better than a windowed mode launcher on Windows.
Have you had any issues with sound/music, text rendering, and saving/loading games? From my experience trying the game in Wineskin on the early 1.9.xx builds, the game suffered from problems with text rendering improperly (or not at all), music cutting out, and the game crashing when saving or loading saves.
Post edited March 25, 2017 by rampancy
Projectsonic: King of Dragon Pass in the latest appears to be perfect, I haven't gone that far. I'm noting this because of it's interesting resolution settings. To get this to run in a neat window in Wineskin you'll need the latest (at most) Wine version and need to do these settings: Override your screen settings to a 640x480 Virtual Desktop (not fullscreen), and remember to always click "always use these settings" instead of Force Normal Windows. No Winetricks needed. Sometimes it'll boot into a full window and that will result in a mess, just quit the application and restart it in this case. It's specifically a Wineskin bug, as far as I can tell.

rampancy: Have you had any issues with sound/music, text rendering, and saving/loading games? From my experience trying the game in Wineskin on the early 1.9.xx builds, the game suffered from problems with text rendering improperly (or not at all), music cutting out, and the game crashing when saving or loading saves.
No graphic problems from here, except from maybe the intro when the graphics turn brown (it does so, but there are also specks of red rarely... may be the game itself, or maybe changing the Win OS would fix it). Nothing wrong in music, I had it even playing in the background for a long time. I admittedly haven't really tried saves intensively yet, but so far I didn't run into anything.
Post edited March 25, 2017 by Projectsonic
rampancy: Have you had any issues with sound/music, text rendering, and saving/loading games? From my experience trying the game in Wineskin on the early 1.9.xx builds, the game suffered from problems with text rendering improperly (or not at all), music cutting out, and the game crashing when saving or loading saves.
Projectsonic: No graphic problems from here, except from maybe the intro when the graphics turn brown (it does so, but there are also specks of red rarely... may be the game itself, or maybe changing the Win OS would fix it). Nothing wrong in music, I had it even playing in the background for a long time. I admittedly haven't really tried saves intensively yet, but so far I didn't run into anything.
So apart from the expected weirdness associated with a 640x480 window in fullscreen/virtual desktop, you haven't encountered any of the issues described here?

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&amp;iId=28963
Projectsonic: No graphic problems from here, except from maybe the intro when the graphics turn brown (it does so, but there are also specks of red rarely... may be the game itself, or maybe changing the Win OS would fix it). Nothing wrong in music, I had it even playing in the background for a long time. I admittedly haven't really tried saves intensively yet, but so far I didn't run into anything.
rampancy: So apart from the expected weirdness associated with a 640x480 window in fullscreen/virtual desktop, you haven't encountered any of the issues described here?

So far, so good.
rampancy: So apart from the expected weirdness associated with a 640x480 window in fullscreen/virtual desktop, you haven't encountered any of the issues described here?

Projectsonic: So far, so good.
If it works as well as you say it does, please post a formal report of the game here on the thread! Pardon my skepticism, it's just that I've been waiting for a long, long, long time to get this game playable in WINE, especially since the only Mac version was for OS 9.

Seriously, KoDP ranks right up there with Descent 3, Interstate '82 and Xanadu Next as one of the games that's constantly defeated every attempt I've made to get it running in WINE.