It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adamhm: I reinstalled & briefly tested this again; there seems to be no change from before
Cheers.
JudasIscariot: Besides, with my new PC compiling is a LOT faster :D
Did you just get a 8 core Ryzen? I'm thinking about getting one.
Post edited March 22, 2017 by shmerl
JudasIscariot: Besides, with my new PC compiling is a LOT faster :D
shmerl: Did you just get a 8 core Ryzen? I'm thinking about getting one.
No, I got an Intel i7-7700K :)
JudasIscariot: No, I got an Intel i7-7700K :)
Not bad, but 8 cores would probably offer a major compilation speed up even to that. And Ryzen 7 1700X is just slightly more expensive than i7-7700K (if I'll buy one, it would probably be 1700X. Good balance of price / performance).
Post edited March 22, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: Not bad, but 8 cores would probably offer a major compilation speed up even to that. And Ryzen 7 1700X is just slightly more expensive than i7-7700K (if I'll buy one, it would probably be 1700X. Good balance of price / performance).
I'm planning on building a Ryzen system "soon" (tm). From what I've read it's best to get the 1700 & overclock it (also fast RAM is a must)
adamhm: I'm planning on building a Ryzen system "soon" (tm). From what I've read it's best to get the 1700 & overclock it (also fast RAM is a must)
Only problem is the memory controller seems to be picky and getting fast RAM (or any ram!) to work reliably seems to be the challenge with Ryzen, at least the current crop of board & firmware combos.

That said, for a few days now I've been fairly stable with my 1800X and 32GB of 2666MHz Kingsnot (terrible choice btw), running at the rated frequency but slightly retarded timings. It may be worth looking out for G.Skill Flare X, which are out now. These sticks are designed for Ryzen.

Although with future microcode updates we might get stable operation with less specific RAM?
Post edited March 22, 2017 by clarry
clarry: Only problem is the memory controller seems to be picky and getting fast RAM (or any ram!) to work reliably seems to be the challenge with Ryzen, at least the current crop of board & firmware combos.
Yeah, I've heard about that. It's very difficult to pick one & most aren't available atm anyway. Each time I think I've settled on one I read something else about it (or one of the others) that makes me reconsider :p
That said, for a few days now I've been fairly stable with my 1800X and 32GB of 2666MHz Kingsnot (terrible choice btw), running at the rated frequency but slightly retarded timings. It may be worth looking out for G.Skill Flare X, which are out now. These sticks are designed for Ryzen.

Although with future microcode updates we might get stable operation with less specific RAM?
I already have some Corsair Vengeance LPX (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)... heard mixed results about them but things should (hopefully) improve with UEFI updates.
clarry: Ryzen.
Yeah, there is already a Ryzen thread. I seem to recall you are already posting in it. Wine is native x86 and amd64 code. Of course it compiles on Ryzen. It's written in C and also complies on ARM, ARM64 and PowerPC (or it did). How about we move the Ryzen talk to where it belongs (elsewhere), thanks.
Post edited March 23, 2017 by Gydion
Game: Delta Force
Installer MD5:
3e57a875041cd7417b9045f197aa663a setup_delta_force_1.00.03.03p_(10720).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: Retail Version

Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial
Desktop: MATE 1.16.1
Kernel: 4.4.0-67-generic x86_64
GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.102

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.4 via PlayOnLinux with no winetricks

How Well Does It Run: didn't run into any problems in my time I played, Played thru the first three missions (also did the first mission twice) and no problems
"winetricks xact" should now install xact_jun2010 and xact so if you have the latest version of winetricks you no longer have to wonder which version of xact to install :D
Post edited March 24, 2017 by JudasIscariot
Does anyone else have "problems" with the icons from the new installers?
I installed Mount & Blade: Warband just now, since there is a new patch with HD textures out, and judging from the filename and some stuff in the game's directory, GOG is rolling out new installers.
Part of that is a changed "goggame-[ID].ico" file, which now apparently has multiple layers? Neither Thunar nor the Xfce applications menu can display the icon, so I had to extract the icon from the executable file using icoutils, which obviously isn't that big of a deal.

Edit: By the way, I'm always extracting the installers with innoextract.
Post edited March 24, 2017 by Urnoev
Urnoev: Part of that is a changed "goggame-[ID].ico" file, which now apparently has multiple layers?
Edit: By the way, I'm always extracting the installers with innoextract.
I have the same issue. What I do is I convert the ico file to png. This creates multiple files, and one of them has the right quality, so I take it.
Game: Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
Installer MD5: 3f34fdee12afef6b425ededa54faf900 setup_commandos_2.1.0.20.exe
<span class="bold">WineHQ AppDB link</span>

Distro: Arch Linux 64 bits
Kernel version: 4.10.4-1-ARCH
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary, v378.13
Wine version tested: Wine v2.3 Staging

Installation: Only tried it on a clean 32-bit prefix. No winetricks needed.

How well does it run: Almost perfect (only tried the tutorial mission, though), except for two issues:

1) Intro videos are skipped (bug #9127)

2) If running the game at fullscreen the mouse isn't locked to the 'game region', so when moving it to the rightmost/lowermost parts of the screen, the 'game region' pans towards the left/upwards, showing the desktop underneath (much like described in bug ). The only solution I've found for playing the game on fullscreen is using a workaround like the one mentioned in [url=https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=33632#c22]Comment#22 of that bug (the downside is that it changes the whole desktop resolution, so many icons in it got clustered together).
Post edited March 31, 2017 by muntdefems
Game: Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty
Installer MD5: 3eb601e6fba2d58837544df0bac0bc57 setup_commandos_bcd_2.1.0.20.exe
<span class="bold">WineHQ AppDB link</span>

Distro: Arch Linux 64 bits
Kernel version: 4.10.4-1-ARCH
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary, v378.13
Wine version tested: Wine v2.3 Staging

Installation: Only tried it on a clean 32-bit prefix. No winetricks needed.

How well does it run: Seemingly perfect (only tried the first mission, though), with only a graphical bug/annoyance. When running the game at fullscreen the mouse isn't locked to the 'game region', so when moving it to the rightmost/lowermost parts of the screen, the 'game region' pans towards the left/upwards, showing the desktop underneath (much like described in bug ). The only solution I've found for playing the game on fullscreen is using a workaround like the one mentioned in [url=https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=33632#c22]Comment#22 of that bug (the downside is that it changes the whole desktop resolution, so many icons in it got clustered together).
Post edited March 31, 2017 by muntdefems
Urnoev: Part of that is a changed "goggame-[ID].ico" file, which now apparently has multiple layers?
It always had multiple layers. If you want to use that, extract the biggest one in Gimp for example (I just delete all smaller layers and export to PNG). I'm sure imagemagick also can handle that.
Post edited March 24, 2017 by shmerl