It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

shmerl: That doesn't really help :) I know it's using Wine.
As to how it's configured, I can't really say. Just wanted to point out that you need these [url=https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging/wiki/PhysX]babies enabled in your Wine to run it.
WinterSnowfall: Quote from the release notes: "- Linux platform is supported now. The port is based on Wine with CSMT and PhysX hardware support patches enabled. "
Since the last time we've talked about this game, I've installed it (on FreeBSD 10.3), tried some things, but always the conclusion was the same. The game runs fine but without videos.

Looks like it's a general issue with this type of video format on wine.

I'll try to make some room on my Linux hard drive (Mint 17.3, I'm away from my Debian desktop these days), in order to check GOG's wine configuration. I'll report back.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by vanchann
This guy here wants to know if Thea runs in Wine. I've only run the old Linux "build" in Linux via Wine - I love this game and want to give the user correct information but don't know for sure.

So anyone have any idea how well the current GoG Win 7 build of Thea runs in Wine / Linux?
WinterSnowfall: Quote from the release notes: "- Linux platform is supported now. The port is based on Wine with CSMT and PhysX hardware support patches enabled. "
Downloaded it and tested. Basically inside the game's "game" folder there are 2 folders named "Game" which contains the TW game data and "Wine" which contains 300mb worth of wine files. There are also 3 scripts (created by the developer not GOG) named "RunGame", "RunSoundConfig" and "RunWinetricks".

Despite all this, it doesn't work the same way "click start.sh and run" as other GOG wine-wrapped games do, as you still have to install Wine for your distribution (also stated on the game's page).

Beyond examining the scripts and the folder structure I can't test the game any further than this as I normally run Wine in a very portable way but my guess is this: The configuration and the hard work is already done, your distribution's Wine package is the required spark to light the fuse.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by Ganni1987
shmerl:
These are the installed winetricks, which are used by the GOG's wine wrapper.

$ WINEPREFIX=~/"GOG Games"/"Two Worlds Epic Edition"/game/Wine/prefix/.config sh winetricks list-installed
Using winetricks 20160425 - sha1sum: 5fbfd26aa981be8dee4ca0ae79f0a8740c3fad18 with wine-1.9.12
amstream
d3dx9_26
d3dx9_28
d3dx9_31
d3dx9_35
d3dx9_36
d3dx9_39
d3dx9_42
d3dx9_43
d3dx9
devenum
directplay
ffdshow
quartz
wmp10
wsh56vb
wsh57
xact_jun2010
xact
Maybe I'll try again on FreeBSD 10.3 this weekend with all of these installed.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by vanchann
Ixamyakxim: This guy here wants to know if Thea runs in Wine. I've only run the old Linux "build" in Linux via Wine - I love this game and want to give the user correct information but don't know for sure.

So anyone have any idea how well the current GoG Win 7 build of Thea runs in Wine / Linux?
It does run in Wine but I am unsure how well it performs in the latest version of Wine as the last time I ran the game via Wine was when Wine was in version 1.8 or something of the sort :)
Ganni1987: Beyond examining the scripts and the folder structure I can't test the game any further than this as I normally run Wine in a very portable way but my guess is this: The configuration and the hard work is already done, your distribution's Wine package is the required spark to light the fuse.
vanchann: These are the installed winetricks, which are used by the GOG's wine wrapper.
Thanks folks, I'll give it a try so all that would work in POL. As said above, when doing it before I had everything working except for the cut scenes, so I was curious how "official" Linux release manged to make it work.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by shmerl
Ganni1987: Beyond examining the scripts and the folder structure I can't test the game any further than this as I normally run Wine in a very portable way but my guess is this: The configuration and the hard work is already done, your distribution's Wine package is the required spark to light the fuse.
You're right configuration is what happens.
The scripts create variables, so that the normal wine installation could use the included wine prefix.

There are other scripts too. Check the scripts in "~/GOG Games/Two Worlds Epic Edition/game/Wine/bin" folder. Among the configuration scripts and elf files there is tw1_winetricks. The included version of winetricks. The interesting part is that it's old enough WINETRICKS_VERSION=20140817.
vanchann: You're right configuration is what happens.
The scripts create variables, so that the normal wine installation could use the included wine prefix.

There are other scripts too. Check the scripts in "~/GOG Games/Two Worlds Epic Edition/game/Wine/bin" folder. Among the configuration scripts and elf files there is tw1_winetricks. The included version of winetricks. The interesting part is that it's old enough WINETRICKS_VERSION=20140817.
For some reason beyond me, There is no official recent version of Winetricks on Ubuntu-Debian based distros and most probably the devs created this based on SteamOS or Ubuntu.
Ganni1987: For some reason beyond me, There is no official recent version of Winetricks on Ubuntu-Debian based distros and most probably the devs created this based on SteamOS or Ubuntu.
I see. Thanks.
Ganni1987: For some reason beyond me, There is no official recent version of Winetricks on Ubuntu-Debian based distros and most probably the devs created this based on SteamOS or Ubuntu.
Debian testing has winetricks 20160425: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/winetricks

It wasn't updated for a long time, and only recently got a new version there.
Post edited June 25, 2016 by shmerl
te_lanus: Game: Worms 2
NotesNeeds Wine 1.6.2. As no newer Wines seems to be able to run this. There is a solution in the AppDB that I followed that makes the game playable.
Thanks. I don't suppose I could interest you in bug 33856 or even a regression test o__O?
Game: The Witcher Adventure Game
Installer MD5s:
c31b9215836d21964cc0a900e777904a setup_the_witcher_adventure_game_2.4.0.23.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: GOG Version
CodeWeavers link: Based on an older xo release and according to the page it doesn't work on xo

Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Desktop: Cinnamon 2.8.8
Kernel: 3.19.0-32-generic i686 (32 bit)

GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.13 via PlayOnLinux

NOTE Didn't test Online play, due to the DRM :D

Gydion: Thanks. I don't suppose I could interest you in bug 33856 or even a regression test o__O?
Tried it with 1.9.13 this morning and it fails,
Post edited June 28, 2016 by te_lanus
Game: Worms Forts: Under Siege
Installer MD5s:
c31b9215836d21964cc0a900e777904a setup_the_witcher_adventure_game_2.4.0.23.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: GOG Version
CodeWeavers link: Based on an older xo release

Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Desktop: Cinnamon 2.8.8
Kernel: 3.19.0-32-generic i686 (32 bit)

GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.13 via PlayOnLinux

NOTE works in fullscreen, but mouse movement is super sensitive and can't find a way to make it less so
Post edited June 26, 2016 by te_lanus
shmerl: Debian testing has winetricks 20160425: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/winetricks

It wasn't updated for a long time, and only recently got a new version there.
The newer versions (20160425 and up) now come with a handy --self-update flag that you can use to update your winetricks to the latest version without needing to wait for the distro package maintainer to get with the program and update winetricks whenever they have a version bump :)