It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Game: Star Trek: Starfleet Command
Installer MD5: 195c5fabe72ea3ab4bc1b1da52e70349 setup_starfleet_command_2.0.0.6.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=6713
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/starfleet-command-1

Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64bit
Kernel version: 3.19.0-58
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 364.15
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.8 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.1.0

Install notes: Just install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for "sfc.exe". Run "config.exe" ("Video Settings" in CrossOver) first to set display resolution.
How well does it run: Perfectly so far
Details: Tested with virtual desktop enabled. Have only played very briefly but it seems to work fine. May need some slight tweaking (although it worked fine for me without changing anything):

blakstar: Sorry, maybe I should have mentioned this before, but don't forget, as I initially did, to edit the config file if you can't hear Sulu's voice during the training missions. If you don't already know, there should be a voice volume setting in there, set as a percentage.
Post edited April 24, 2016 by adamhm
How do I get Direct3d 11 installed under Wine? Since this is what 8-bit armies needs to run.
Post edited April 22, 2016 by Matruchus
Matruchus: How do I get Direct3d 11 installed under Wine? Since this is what 8-bit armies needs to run.
I don't think DirectX 11 is even readily available :/ I;ve tried everything "winetricks d3dx11", disabling d3dcompiler_47 in various DX11 games and nothing seems to work :/
Matruchus: How do I get Direct3d 11 installed under Wine? Since this is what 8-bit armies needs to run.
JudasIscariot: I don't think DirectX 11 is even readily available :/ I;ve tried everything "winetricks d3dx11", disabling d3dcompiler_47 in various DX11 games and nothing seems to work :/
Ok, thanks. Well then I shall have to boot Windows up after two months time :)
JudasIscariot: I don't think DirectX 11 is even readily available :/ I;ve tried everything "winetricks d3dx11", disabling d3dcompiler_47 in various DX11 games and nothing seems to work :/
Matruchus: Ok, thanks. Well then I shall have to boot Windows up after two months time :)
Still, it would be good to get some bug reports for Bugzilla so that the Wine people can see what's up :)
Matruchus: Ok, thanks. Well then I shall have to boot Windows up after two months time :)
JudasIscariot: Still, it would be good to get some bug reports for Bugzilla so that the Wine people can see what's up :)
I never used Bugzilla so I'm kind of lost there. Otherwise all I get is in the attached picture.
Attachments:
Post edited April 22, 2016 by Matruchus
JudasIscariot: Still, it would be good to get some bug reports for Bugzilla so that the Wine people can see what's up :)
Matruchus: I never used Bugzilla so I'm kind of lost there. Otherwise all I get is in the attached picture.
Open up the GUI version of the latest version of winetricks and look for anything d3dx11 related in there and try again?
Matruchus: I never used Bugzilla so I'm kind of lost there. Otherwise all I get is in the attached picture.
JudasIscariot: Open up the GUI version of the latest version of winetricks and look for anything d3dx11 related in there and try again?
I have selected d3dx10 d3dx11_42 and 43 and zero effect.
JudasIscariot: Open up the GUI version of the latest version of winetricks and look for anything d3dx11 related in there and try again?
Matruchus: I have selected d3dx10 d3dx11_42 and 43 and zero effect.
Still get that dialogue box?
JudasIscariot: Still get that dialogue box?
Yes. It doesn't seem to have any effect.
Did you set the Windows version in Winecfg to Win7 or later?
adamhm: Did you set the Windows version in Winecfg to Win7 or later?
Damn, I'm stupid. I had it setup on Win XP cause of some other game. But still managed to get the game launched but then it crashed and generated automatical report and sent it to Petroglyph.
Judas, I'm bored. I'm thinking of drinking wine and go running, then you can point at me and say, that runs on wine!
sunshinecorp: Judas, I'm bored. I'm thinking of drinking wine and go running, then you can point at me and say, that runs on wine!
This is powered by Wine
adamhm: Did you set the Windows version in Winecfg to Win7 or later?
Matruchus: Damn, I'm stupid. I had it setup on Win XP cause of some other game. But still managed to get the game launched but then it crashed and generated automatical report and sent it to Petroglyph.
Just a quick reminder, but if you use fresh Wine prefixes with each game install you can change Windows types, and winetricks, for a game as much as you like, without affecting any of your other games.