It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: Also, good news: vanilla Wine 1.9.7 Staging (not wine-gaming-nine) gives back CSMT
weird, can't find a mention of it anyhere on the release note here: http://www.wine-staging.com/news/2016-04-03-release-1.9.7.html
JudasIscariot: Also, good news: vanilla Wine 1.9.7 Staging (not wine-gaming-nine) gives back CSMT
te_lanus: weird, can't find a mention of it anyhere on the release note here: http://www.wine-staging.com/news/2016-04-03-release-1.9.7.html
All I know is that I have a "Staging" tab in my Wine 1.9.7, maybe it's because the Arch Wine Staging maintainer somehow added the CSMT functions and all that? I am not really sure....
JudasIscariot: All I know is that I have a "Staging" tab in my Wine 1.9.7, maybe it's because the Arch Wine Staging maintainer somehow added the CSMT functions and all that? I am not really sure....
It's still disabled in the official staging build. It is possible they refactored the patchset to apply on 1.9.7 as that's what the staging people did for 1.9.5. If they did so cleanly perhaps they will push those changes back to the official staging code? Where is this package anyway?
Post edited April 04, 2016 by Gydion
JudasIscariot: All I know is that I have a "Staging" tab in my Wine 1.9.7, maybe it's because the Arch Wine Staging maintainer somehow added the CSMT functions and all that? I am not really sure....
Gydion: It's still disabled in the official staging build. It is possible they refactored the patchset to apply on 1.9.7 as that's what the staging people did for 1.9.5. If they did so cleanly perhaps they will push those changes back to the official staging code? Where is this package anyway?
Right here:

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?q=wine-staging

I have to say that this is the best Wine version for Grim Dawn for me as Grim Dawn plays soooo smoothly now...perhaps the 100 overrides I have from wine-gaming-nine are a part of it but I am not touching this build now :D
Game: System Shock 2
Installer MD5: 8f6aa89db1efd753210d5f4d24390af1 setup_system_shock2_2.3.0.11.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=27660
CodeWeavers link: [Codeweavers' SS2 page links to SS2 on Steam, where an official Wine-wrapped version is available for Linux. Like the official Linux releases of so many other games, this is not available on GOG...]

Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64bit
Kernel version: 3.19.0-51
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 364.12
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.5 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.1.0

Install notes: Just install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for "Shock2.exe"
How well does it run: Perfect
Details: Have only done a very quick test however I have previously done a complete playthrough using an earlier version of CrossOver without any issues & there's nothing to suggest things may have changed. Tested with virtual desktop and CSMT enabled.
Post edited May 27, 2016 by adamhm
Cheers. Looking at the build script they don't appear to be doing anything special. It's pulling the tagged staging build from here. Double checking the recent commits shows CSMT is still disabled? I grant you I could certainly have missed something.
JudasIscariot: I have to say that this is the best Wine version for Grim Dawn for me as Grim Dawn plays soooo smoothly now...perhaps the 100 overrides I have from wine-gaming-nine are a part of it but I am not touching this build now :D
More importantly I won't argue with the results. ;)

Also, didn't see a rzip package, but I've seen people use <i>lrzip</i> anyway.
Post edited April 05, 2016 by Gydion
Gydion: Cheers. Looking at the build script they don't appear to be doing anything special. It's pulling the tagged staging build from here. Double checking the recent commits shows CSMT is still disabled? I grant you I could certainly have missed something.
JudasIscariot: I have to say that this is the best Wine version for Grim Dawn for me as Grim Dawn plays soooo smoothly now...perhaps the 100 overrides I have from wine-gaming-nine are a part of it but I am not touching this build now :D
Gydion: More importantly I won't argue with the results. ;)

Also, didn't see a rzip package, but I've seen people use <i>lrzip</i> anyway.
I am not sure about the commits as a lot of them are kinda over my head sooo why don't I show you my winecfg screen instead? :P
Attachments:
JudasIscariot: I am not sure about the commits as a lot of them are kinda over my head sooo why don't I show you my winecfg screen instead? :P
Can't say I particularly doubted your ability to read or enable a check box. (Why does this post ^ lack BLINGING. I was mislead into believing there would be BLINGING in there.)

Just did a stock staging 1.9.7 build. I also have said check box in winecfg and can click it. However, when I run a game I get this for the first few lines on the console:
fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"wined3d.dll" to L"wined3d-csmt.dll"
fixme:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Please note that the experimental wined3d CSMT patchset has been disabled in this
fixme:winediag:wined3d_dll_init version of Wine Staging. Check out the release notes for further information.
JudasIscariot: I am not sure about the commits as a lot of them are kinda over my head sooo why don't I show you my winecfg screen instead? :P
Gydion: Can't say I particularly doubted your ability to read or enable a check box. (Why does this post ^ lack BLINGING. I was mislead into believing there would be BLINGING in there.)

Just did a stock staging 1.9.7 build. I also have said check box in winecfg and can click it. However, when I run a game I get this for the first few lines on the console:

fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"wined3d.dll" to L"wined3d-csmt.dll"
fixme:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Please note that the experimental wined3d CSMT patchset has been disabled in this
fixme:winediag:wined3d_dll_init version of Wine Staging. Check out the release notes for further information.
Gydion:
Yeah I know you were not in doubt of my superior "check this box for FUN!" abilities :P I was being cheeky and wanted to show off.

As for my Wine's CSMT, I know it works because I wouldn't be able to play Grim Dawn without it as I'd have mostly invisible characters....
JudasIscariot: Turok has recently received a Mac version which we are waiting on currently.
rampancy: Any news or updates on the Mac version of Turok?
First, accept my friend request or else....

:P
Game: XIII
Installer MD5s:
c6432f023061d461e7d9875d1b9760ea setup_xiii_2.0.0.11-1.bin
ebee614f8b89718e10365c195d918fa0 setup_xiii_2.0.0.11-2.bin
7fd5bfa985aa67e83b39c6e3a4ee2a94 setup_xiii_2.0.0.11.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&amp;iId=3776
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/xiii

Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64bit
Kernel version: 3.19.0-51
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 364.12
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.5 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.1.0

Install notes: Just install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for "XIII.exe"
How well does it run: Perfect (except when it crashes or freezes on startup)
Details: Occasionally crashes/freezes on startup - if this happens, just force close it (if necessary) & try again. Otherwise works perfectly. Tested at 1920x1200 with virtual desktop and CSMT enabled, have only tested for a short while with this version of Wine/CrossOver but have previously played through with an older version without any problems. If running the game with virtual desktop enabled, you must also set "Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows". Mouse cursor movement is a bit odd in the menus but otherwise works fine.
JudasIscariot: As for my Wine's CSMT, I know it works because I wouldn't be able to play Grim Dawn without it as I'd have mostly invisible characters....
Huh, I thought CheckFloatConstants was the fix for that?

JudasIscariot: Yeah I know you were not in doubt of my superior "check this box for FUN!" abilities :P I was being cheeky and wanted to show off.
*inserts screenshot_from_.jpg with "rapper" bling on Enable_CSMT* except you are supposed to supply the BLING.
JudasIscariot: As for my Wine's CSMT, I know it works because I wouldn't be able to play Grim Dawn without it as I'd have mostly invisible characters....
Gydion: Huh, I thought CheckFloatConstants was the fix for that?

JudasIscariot: Yeah I know you were not in doubt of my superior "check this box for FUN!" abilities :P I was being cheeky and wanted to show off.
Gydion: *inserts screenshot_from_.jpg with "rapper" bling on Enable_CSMT* except you are supposed to supply the BLING.
I am not sure where that CheckFloatConstants setting would be, to be honest...
adamhm: Game: The Witcher
Care to add this as an addendum?

The Witcher: Character models are sometimes invisible bug should be fixed in Wine 1.9.5 or later by setting HKCU/Software/Wine/Direct3D/CheckFloatConstants registry key to "enabled".
Post edited April 06, 2016 by Gydion
adamhm: Game: The Witcher
Gydion: Care to add this as an addendum?

The Witcher: Character models are sometimes invisible bug should be fixed in Wine 1.9.5 or later by setting HKCU/Software/Wine/Direct3D/CheckFloatConstants registry key to "enabled".
Done :)