It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No go so far for 80 days but will figure it out

Example-

ixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
Mono path[0] = 'C:/GOG Games/80 Days/80 Days_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = 'C:/GOG Games/80 Days/80 Days_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = 'C:/GOG Games/80 Days/80 Days_Data/Mono/etc'
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f488,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW (L"\\\\.\\DISPLAY1",0,0x32f488,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),1,0x32f488,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x70030, 0x13f988): stub
fixme:thread:__hook_pthread_create most thread attributes ignored!
fixme:thread:start_thread Started native thread 00000055
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f5a8,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d11:D3D11CreateDevice stub: adapter 0x141430, driver_type D3D_DRIVER_TYPE_UNKNOWN, swrast (nil), flags 0x1, feature_levels 24538224, levels 0x3, sdk_version 7, device 0x12b5828, feature_level fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f738,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f098,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:dxgi:dxgi_output_GetDesc iface 0x144538, desc 0x32f65c stub!
fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 0xf3c882e4, 0x142b98, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, (nil), 0x00000000
fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 0xf3c882e4
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32efa8,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d9:wined3dformat_from_d3dformat Unhandled D3DFORMAT 0xffffffff
fixme:d3d:debug_d3dformat Unrecognized 0x36314644 (as fourcc: DF16) WINED3DFORMAT!
fixme:d3d:wined3d_get_format Can't find format unrecognized (0x36314644) in the format lookup table
fixme:d3d:query_init Unhandled query type 0xc.
fixme:winediag:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint Winepulse is not officially supported by the wine project
fixme:winediag:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint For sound related feedback and support, please visit http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1960599
fixme:win:RegisterRawInputDevices Unhandled flags 0x100 for device 0.
fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x70030, filter=0x32fc50,flags=0x00000004) returns a fake device notification handle!
fixme:win:UnregisterDeviceNotification (handle=0xcafeaffe), STUB!
fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x70030, filter=0x32fb74,flags=0x00000004) returns a fake device notification handle!
fixme:win:UnregisterDeviceNotification (handle=0xcafeaffe), STUB!
fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x70030, filter=0x32fc48,flags=0x00000004) returns a fake device notification handle!
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
wine client error:47: write: Bad file descriptor
Post edited February 04, 2016 by Emachine9643
Game: Consortium: Master Edition
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=16187
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/consortium

Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64bit
Kernel version: 3.19.0-47
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 361.28
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.3 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.0.1

Install notes: Does not need any additional libraries etc.
If using PlayOnLinux, start the game from/create shortcut for consortium.exe. As per the info posted here, before running the game create a file named "autoexec.cfg" in the game's install directory under consortium\cfg with these two lines in it:

r_signal_fx "0"
host_writeconfig

Then edit the shortcut so it has the argument: +exec autoexec.cfg (if using CrossOver you'll need to create a new shortcut for Consortium with this argument). If you don't do this then you won't be able to see anything during much of the gameplay.
How well does it run: Very well, some minor issues
Details: Tested at 1920x1200 maxed out with virtual desktop and CSMT enabled. During the "quantum limbo" stage at the end of the game you will not be able to see anything; just tap D a few times then hold W to progress.
Post edited February 14, 2016 by adamhm
Baldur’s Gate: The Original Saga
Debian Sid amd64
Kernel: 4.5.0-rc1amdgpu-pp+ x86_64
Card: AMD Radeon R9 380X
OpenGL Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TONGA (DRM 3.1.0, LLVM 3.7.1)
OpenGL Version: 4.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 11.1.1
installers:
gog_baldur_s_gate_the_original_saga_2.0.0.9.sh (MD5: db423fb2d41ea1f844cec141e6396a9b)
gog_baldur_s_gate_the_original_saga_french_2.0.0.9.sh (MD5: aa2c58bc1ffbb5ed4f925f3371aa5df2)

WINE version: 1.8.1
WINEHQ AppDB entry: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=26149
Emachine9643: No go so far for 80 days but will figure it out

fixme:winediag:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint Winepulse is not officially supported by the wine project
fixme:winediag:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint For sound related feedback and support, please visit http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1960599
looks like an old version of wine. winepulse is officially included in the latest version. Trying out the latest version is always worth a shot if things don't work ;)

Emachine9643: fixme:thread:__hook_pthread_create most thread attributes ignored!
fixme:thread:start_thread Started native thread 00000055
wine client error:47: write: Bad file descriptor
smells like the threading problems from the gstreamer plugin. what you could try:
- disable the winegstreamer library in winecfg
- update to >= 1.9.2 which fixes the gstreamer problem
- play around with winetricks and one or more of these: quartz, devenum, wmp9, wmp10
Men of Valor.

Starting at the tutorial, all the character models and some animals are black (helmet aside). Your gun is black too, once you get it. It will briefly light up and show about right when the muzzle flash goes, at least the mounted machine gun does.

Next up, the first mission, where you start at the camp with the football... all character models are again black, except that they light up whenever they're speaking. The truck under which you're supposed to crawl to get the ball doesn't show up at all. Some scenery overlaps, which hints at a Z-buffer issue similar to what you have in Serious Sam up until you pull up the console and tell it to use a 24-bit depth buffer & switch video mode...

Pretty much unplayable as it is :-(

Oh, and the videos at the very start of the game don't show up, and you can't skip them. So it takes a while to load up and it looks like the game is not starting at all, but you have to wait, then wait for the videos to play, and you'll get to the main menu.

Judas?
clarry: Men of Valor.

Starting at the tutorial, all the character models and some animals are black (helmet aside). Your gun is black too, once you get it. It will briefly light up and show about right when the muzzle flash goes, at least the mounted machine gun does.

Next up, the first mission, where you start at the camp with the football... all character models are again black, except that they light up whenever they're speaking. The truck under which you're supposed to crawl to get the ball doesn't show up at all. Some scenery overlaps, which hints at a Z-buffer issue similar to what you have in Serious Sam up until you pull up the console and tell it to use a 24-bit depth buffer & switch video mode...

Oh, and the videos at the very start of the game don't show up, and you can't skip them. So it takes a while to load up and it looks like the game is not starting at all, but you have to wait, then wait for the videos to play, and you'll get to the main menu.

Judas?
Some specs would help :) What version of WIne? OS? Clean prefix? What winetricks have you tried?
clarry: Men of Valor.

Judas?
JudasIscariot: Some specs would help :) What version of WIne? OS? Clean prefix? What winetricks have you tried?
1.7.55-2 and 1.9.2-1 on Arch, amd64. I don't think I have anything from winetricks enabled right now, but I can try with a clean prefix anyway..
JudasIscariot: Some specs would help :) What version of WIne? OS? Clean prefix? What winetricks have you tried?
clarry: 1.7.55-2 and 1.9.2-1 on Arch, amd64. I don't think I have anything from winetricks enabled right now, but I can try with a clean prefix anyway..
Open the game up in terminal and paste your output here, please :)

If the terminal output is rather long then a pastebin link will be a better idea :)
Post edited February 13, 2016 by JudasIscariot
clarry: 1.7.55-2 and 1.9.2-1 on Arch, amd64. I don't think I have anything from winetricks enabled right now, but I can try with a clean prefix anyway..
JudasIscariot: Open the game up in terminal and paste your output here, please :)

If the terminal output is rather long then a pastebin link will be a better idea :)
I ran the output through uniq -c as one line is repeated way too many times to be interesting.. :-)

This is in a clean prefix (which didn't change any result).

http://fpaste.dy.fi/FVP/disp
Post edited February 13, 2016 by clarry
JudasIscariot: Open the game up in terminal and paste your output here, please :)

clarry: I ran the output through uniq -c as one line is repeated way too many times to be interesting.. :-)

This is in a clean prefix (which didn't change any result).

http://fpaste.dy.fi/FVP/disp
Alright. Let's try "winetricks d3dx9" and see where that gets you :)

Also, try running Men of Valor in Windows XP mode, if you aren't already doing so.
Still looks the same, both the game and the output from wine.
clarry: Still looks the same, both the game and the output from wine.
I see. Let me try it in WINE 1.9.3.
Well, I found one major problem. The game is made in Unreal Engine and I can't even see the game but I can hear it.

I installed a variety of winetricks (wmp9, allcodecs, devenum, quartz) and even emulated a virtual desktop and nada.

Your best bet would be to submit a bug report with some screenshots and your terminal output to winehq and see what they have to say.
I was about to give up with this game but then I decided I would find the single-player demo so that I could report some bugs to WINEHQ and see if they could do anything with the game.

I found the single-player demo here http://www.chip.de/downloads/Men-of-Valor-Singleplayer-Demo_13014873.html and I installed it. The demo then proceeded to install Direct X 9.0c. The demo didn't work BUT the GOG version of the game started working, the only thing you won't see is the "2015" logo being played but you'll hear the sounds and all.

I am currently emulating a virtual desktop for the game as I am trying various things out to see how it will run in different conditions and so far the game looks OK (see the attached screenshot does mine look the same as yours?).

I wish I knew which winetrick corresponds to the version of Direct X 9.0c installed by the demo, perhaps someone who is much smarter than me about these kind of things can figure it out and we can all avoid installing an unnecessary demo :)

The main problem will be the .BIK movies that the game uses :/ You can rename the intro .BIK movies to skip them but if you want to watch the others then you'll need to install a .BIK movie player for Linux and watch them that way :)
Attachments:
I've briefly tested Men of Valor with both Wine Staging 1.9.3 via PlayOnLinux & CrossOver 15.0.1 (emphasis on "briefly" - only had a quick run around the training area). It runs without needing any extra libraries/redistributables, however UseGLSL needs to be set to disabled for the game to render properly (see: https://wiki.winehq.org/Useful_Registry_Keys or in PlayOnLinux change it from "Configuration --> Display --> GLSL Support"). Also, videos don't play properly (sound only, press space to skip).

JudasIscariot: I am currently emulating a virtual desktop for the game as I am trying various things out to see how it will run in different conditions and so far the game looks OK (see the attached screenshot does mine look the same as yours?).
That's how the game looks if you don't set UseGLSL to disabled

JudasIscariot: I wish I knew which winetrick corresponds to the version of Direct X 9.0c installed by the demo, perhaps someone who is much smarter than me about these kind of things can figure it out and we can all avoid installing an unnecessary demo :)
Try installing d3dcompiler_43, I found that if native d3dx9 libraries were installed the game needed that as well.
Post edited February 13, 2016 by adamhm