It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG GALAXY 2.0, the free application to bring together all your games and friends in one place is now available for everyone to test. Visit our GOG GALAXY page and join other gamers.

Let’s put an end to resource-heavy clients running all the time and us juggling between multiple apps to access our games and see what our friends are playing. GOG GALAXY 2.0 conveniently shows you all your games as one library and makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends across PC and console platforms.

For the past few years, we’ve seen continuous fragmentation of our game collections and gaming friends lists, further proving the need for an application that unites them all,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “And I’m sure there are even more clients and launchers on the way,” Karwowski adds. “We’re amazed and thankful for the reaction from the community to the app and taking it even further by creating integrations with 20 gaming platforms – allowing everyone to see all their games and friends in GOG GALAXY 2.0.

The closed beta brought numerous big updates like seeing friends’ online status from different platforms in GOG GALAXY 2.0 or adding Global Search. The latter allows multiple options – finding games and friends, launching games with a single press of a key and giving the ability to manually add any game to the library.

We’re waiting for your feedback!

We can’t wait to see what you have to say about GOG GALAXY 2.0! Let us know what you think and want to see improved – share feedback via the in-app option, GOG GALAXY social media, and the official forum.

Learn about what you can do in GOG GALAXY 2.0

Download the app and connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with your other preferred platforms through 20 official and community-created integrations. Import and organize all your PC and console games in one library, install and launch PC titles, keep track of your progress and see your friends’ status, achievements and game time across all gaming platforms. The app is also the best way to run and update your DRM-free GOG.COM games library. Everything is designed with your privacy in mind – no spying, no sharing with third parties, and all your data belongs to you.

You can join the GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta now by downloading the app for Windows or Mac.
Jeebus. Stop it with all that FUD already.
Just downloaded and installed this, more features while keeping the layout simple, this is good.
nightcraw1er.488: It’s not just drm, that maybe a longer term goal. Ostensibly (and as many have argued on here before), once you use steam client to download one of their drm free games, of which there are plenty, then you have the game. Just the same with galaxy. And (and I disagree with this, but this is what was presented) using a browser to download the game, same as steam or galaxy. True, games on steam can implement CEG or other DRM, much the same as Paradox can have their own tie to account, or Goblinns inc or gwent can be online only. In fact, your “offline installers” mostly come with galaxy components (not going to get into what they dobdont do here), suffice to say most no longer function without those components. This, other than cheaper prices on steam (due to key sellers) and a larger selection, a lot of which is drm’d (and hence will not come here anyways. there really is no difference between gog and steam.
It will be interesting some years down the line if they even bother with the offline installers, just have the option in galaxy to download them, and have one single installer file. I imagine that is the goal, one installer, and people using galaxy. Doesn’t necessarily mean drm, A’s has been pointed out many times by people to me, use of a client is not drm, however it certainly lubricates the process to using it. And especially when you consider how people are telling me so many gamers do not know any better, maybe once those few who complain are pushed out...
MarkoH01: So what have changed since Galaxy 1 then? People were scared that the offline installers (and the possibility to download using a browser) would vanish but the only thing that actually happened was the idea of including Galaxy into them ... which they reverted after the harsh feedback they received. Galaxy 1 have been available for years now and we still have the offline installers. I ask again: what exactly changed with Galaxy 2 and why have panic now?
Again I have said my peace but because you keep asking about the specific proviso

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023617474-GOG-GALAXY-2-0-Licence-Agreement?product=gog

Section 12, Subsections I - VIII is the primary(albeit not the only) difference, Though every GOG user needs to be familiar with the whole of the document and anything they are presented to agree to.

Being in Germany yourself, you are lucky because your court system already saw this as unlawful and fought back against this when it was Steam and Sony pushing it. However this effects more than just those in the US as it WILL dictate the shape of things to come and that shape will be molded not only by those who are directly effected by it, but by all those who agree to it who think "I don't have to worry because it does not apply to me"

Hope that covers what you were looking to find out.
I was talking about the general rule and in most cases they are cheaper, faster and up to date. Unfortunately all things that are often not the case on GOG (I wish it was different but it is not). In the case you described above people could just refund, get their money back and be done with it. I am not a Steam fan but since they have this refund policy there's not much risk ion buying agame there which just refuses to run at all (more problematic if the bug occurs at a later state of the game of course).
Whoever told you steam will grant refunds for defects in merchandise hasn't had a lot of experience with steam support. In more then a few cases I've literally had to contact the actual developer, who *also* made inquiries on my behalf, just to get them to admit there *was* an issue. That's even before you get into what finally convinced them to remove digital homicide games for sale (which are rightly notorious for being extremely buggy, featuring stolen assets, and a to say the least ongoing problem of the developer literrally harassing people for posting reviews) was a classs action lawsuit against both Valve and that developer over Valve's refussal to honor refund requests.
high rated
Ping me when there's a Linux port.
Zoidberg: Congrats, GOG, I've already 100% adopted Galaxy 2 as my client of choice!

TheMonkofDestiny: Got invited to the closed beta two months ago (to the day, in fact). Couldn't run it then, can't run it now due to the fact that I'm using Vista as my OS.
Zoidberg: Good, because they shouldn't support Vista anyway to be honest.
Any news on other Windows options? Like is it fine (going to be fine) with 7 & 8 etc? Or is it one of those 'Windows 10' only deals?
im on linux now wheres instaling games horrible.. it should have galaxy
GOG Galaxy 2.0 has become my go to launcher since I got into the closed beta, couple of features missing like adding target parameters but thus far its perfect for managing my game library.

Keep up the good work GOG!

I was talking about the general rule and in most cases they are cheaper, faster and up to date. Unfortunately all things that are often not the case on GOG (I wish it was different but it is not). In the case you described above people could just refund, get their money back and be done with it. I am not a Steam fan but since they have this refund policy there's not much risk ion buying agame there which just refuses to run at all (more problematic if the bug occurs at a later state of the game of course).
Doomjedi: Whoever told you steam will grant refunds for defects in merchandise hasn't had a lot of experience with steam support. In more then a few cases I've literally had to contact the actual developer, who *also* made inquiries on my behalf, just to get them to admit there *was* an issue. That's even before you get into what finally convinced them to remove digital homicide games for sale (which are rightly notorious for being extremely buggy, featuring stolen assets, and a to say the least ongoing problem of the developer literrally harassing people for posting reviews) was a classs action lawsuit against both Valve and that developer over Valve's refussal to honor refund requests.
Nobody needed to tell me anything. You can refund ANY game on Steam which you did not play longer than 2 hours since 14 days after purchase. You don't even need to talk to anybody and you don't need to say WHY you want to refund. I did it myself so I'd say that's a fact.
Post edited December 09, 2019 by MarkoH01
viranimus: Again I have said my peace but because you keep asking about the specific proviso

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023617474-GOG-GALAXY-2-0-Licence-Agreement?product=gog

Section 12, Subsections I - VIII is the primary(albeit not the only) difference, Though every GOG user needs to be familiar with the whole of the document and anything they are presented to agree to.

Being in Germany yourself, you are lucky because your court system already saw this as unlawful and fought back against this when it was Steam and Sony pushing it. However this effects more than just those in the US as it WILL dictate the shape of things to come and that shape will be molded not only by those who are directly effected by it, but by all those who agree to it who think "I don't have to worry because it does not apply to me"

Hope that covers what you were looking to find out.
This looks pretty damn bad, especially point viii (8) about class action.

I don't use Galaxy and never will. Can't stand bloatware like this, and it's one of the oh so many reasons I didn't buy anything from Steam back in the days, and instead went to GOG. Then unfortunately GOG changed and are doing everything to emulate steam, including dropping all their principles except (for now...) the DRM Free one. Then we can argue whether Galaxy itself constitutes DRM. Or how installers have various galaxy files now.

Thanks for informing us more about this, which ofc once again shows why using Galaxy is horrible idea, and why I'm ecstatic about it NOT existing (for now) on Linux.

It's so incredibly bonkers to me that people, even people on Linux, are willingly throwing away rights and privacy and embracing horrendous companies like Google, Facebook and Steam. The industry is heading in a very negative direction, and gamers are loving it. So fucking dumb.
low rated
Zoidberg: Congrats, GOG, I've already 100% adopted Galaxy 2 as my client of choice!

Good, because they shouldn't support Vista anyway to be honest.
ThorChild: Any news on other Windows options? Like is it fine (going to be fine) with 7 & 8 etc? Or is it one of those 'Windows 10' only deals?
Windows 7 isn't supported anymore by Microsoft (if I'm not mistaken), so I wouldn't bet on this one being supported for very long.
I tested it in the closed beta. At the time, to me that thingy had the charm of an odd combination between a spreadsheet and powerpoint presentation.
I do not like both, I see enough of these in my daily job.
Also i am not in for all this "social bling bling" that warmly welcome you.

I have no origin, no Battle.net, no Uplay etc.... Steam I use once a year to play with a buddy. So mainly i have Gog. Therefore, the added "all-in-one" value is not given for me.

So i re-installed the previous client and I'm still happy with it.
The "old" client has this keep-it-simple feeling and fulfills everything I expect and need from a client that is published by an drm free store.

If Gog ever will feature Linux for this, then i will hop over instantly. But i guess I'm probably too old to experience that.

But hey, thats just me I understand why people are excited to use it.
So i truley wish all users lots of fun with the new client and Gog much success. :-)

Good, because they shouldn't support Vista anyway to be honest.
ThorChild: Any news on other Windows options? Like is it fine (going to be fine) with 7 & 8 etc? Or is it one of those 'Windows 10' only deals?
It runs fine on Win7 (have tested it quite a while already) even though minimum requirements officially are Win8 and newer.
armitom: GOG Galaxy 2.0 has become my go to launcher since I got into the closed beta, couple of features missing like adding target parameters but thus far its perfect for managing my game library.
I only just installed it on my 2 PCs (desktop & laptop) this morning and I'm already liking it over old Galaxy, and that's just me using it for GOG-only stuff.

I kind of wished there was a way to change the size or minimize the left-hand sidebar though. Seems like an awful lot of wasted space.
high rated
Ashleee: Releasing GOG Galaxy 2.0 won’t affect our DRM-free policy :)
robertgg: until you (gog) decide that galaxy is now mandatory for installing and playing our games.
Which would basically be the death of GOG like I stated before. It still puzzles me how this is so hard to understand.