It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DeMignon: What about helping your father, so that he buys you one of your favorite games, instead of wasting your time begging for them. That would make everybody happy eventually, including you.
If I wanted money my dad would tell me to go wash his car/mow the lawn/get a job. Ah, the good old days.
Bash him how you will, but teshra does have a nose for these things:
https://secure.gog.com/forum/general/the_gog_community_gifting_thread/post14478
theslitherydeee: If I wanted money my dad would tell me to go wash his car/mow the lawn/get a job. Ah, the good old days.
Money? What's that?
Why, in the old days, I had to go out and make everything I needed! Bark shoes, and a coat made from scraps from curtains... XD
l0rdtr3k: I'll never post anything here again
l0rdtr3k: I know this will sound like greed but can someone gift me Arma 2 before it gets pulled off the site?
Contact me by PM and thanks in advance
l0rdtr3k: My little wishlist:
Shovel Knight
DIvinity:Original SIn
---------

Spinorial: Bash him how you will, but teshra does have a nose for these things:
Agreed.
low rated
Spinorial: Bash him how you will, but teshra does have a nose for these things:
Or him bashing enough people, and you bound to get 1 or 2 right.
Some people are being very obvious, it's not magic.
Post edited July 24, 2014 by lugum
Actually that's something that confuses me, this is the first time (as in the internet, not this case that you guys are talking about) that i see someone asking for a game and people actually giving them away, games that costs 5/10/20/40$, i mean, i can understand people actually making some kind of a giveaway to a game they've bought but to actually buy it just because some random people in the internet asked for it, it just blows my mind.

I'm not saying this in a bad way, it's just that i find it weird, maybe because fortunately i have some liberty to buy some of the games that i want (especially in bundles or in promotions) but i simply don't have the nerve to actually ask for something from friends (and trust me that i feel bad when they spend some money in gifts) let alone from strangers.

That's all.
Post edited July 24, 2014 by Cyraxpt
low rated
I would like sir, you are being hunted, please.
Cyraxpt: [snip]

I'm not saying this in a bad way, it's just that i find it weird, maybe because fortunately i have some liberty to buy some of the games that i want (especially in bundles or in promotions) but i simply don't have the nerve to actually ask for something from friends (and trust me that i feel bad when they spend some money in gifts) let alone from strangers.

That's all.
Exactly! That's why I prefer to trade if I can. GA competitions don't count though [:P], although if I get something, I will pass it forward by dropping what I can as well.
low rated
Cyraxpt: Actually that's something that confuses me, this is the first time (as in the internet, not this case that you guys are talking about) that i see someone asking for a game and people actually giving them away, games that costs 5/10/20/40$, i mean, i can understand people actually making some kind of a giveaway to a game they've bought but to actually buy it just because some random people in the internet asked for it, it just blows my mind.

That's all.
But in a way it's the same for those people that gift something with their own choosing. Only here it's something the taker really asked for. Both ways usually the gifter does it because it makes the taker feels better in getting a game (usually because they can't afford it) and with that makes the gifter also feel better.
Some even set some karma in motion and makes the taker gift something else in return at a later point.
And usually people atleast have the decency to only ask for something small like something on promo or a spare key from a bundle in case someone already bought it. Some people dare to ask something big, some even take the piss and abuse but in the end noone is forcing the gifter to anything.
Cyraxpt: [snip]

That's all.
Getcomposted: Exactly! That's why I prefer to trade if I can. GA competitions don't count though [:P], although if I get something, I will pass it forward by dropping what I can as well.
GA's do count exactly the same, there is no difference, both rely on the generosity of a gifter, wether a gift is choosen by himself or someone else.
Post edited July 24, 2014 by lugum
Cyraxpt: Actually that's something that confuses me, this is the first time (as in the internet, not this case that you guys are talking about) that i see someone asking for a game and people actually giving them away, games that costs 5/10/20/40$, i mean, i can understand people actually making some kind of a giveaway to a game they've bought but to actually buy it just because some random people in the internet asked for it, it just blows my mind.

The initial idea, I guess, was for people to post their most highly desired games, for reference mostly. And then someone, who felt like being kind or wanted to reward them, would consult it. Now, people mostly just dump whatever they fancy out of the current sale or bundle for the non-gog thread, and conversely some people will just dump leftovers. All good things pass :(
lugum: But in a way it's the same for those people that gift something with their own choosing. Only here it's something the taker really asked for. Both ways usually the gifter does it because it makes the taker feels better in getting a game (usually because they can't afford it) and with that makes the gifter also feel better.
And usually people atleast have the decency to only ask for something small like something on promo or a spare key from a bundle in case someone already bought it. Some people dare to ask something big, some even take the piss and abuse but in the end noone is forcing the gifter to anything.
ga's do count exactly the same, there is no difference.
I would have to disagree as I don't feel it's the same as actually requesting someone to get them a specific game. If someone stated that they had a copy of X to give away, that would be at the gifter's discretion to choose a game they want to give away. The gifter has more choice, I suppose.
It's not the same as if I went to you and asked you to buy me game Y, pretty please. In that case, it would be me choosing the game etc. The only choice a gifter would have then is whether to buy the game for me.
Although I do see your point - in either case, it's still a game being given away...
Post edited July 24, 2014 by Getcomposted
lugum: But in a way it's the same for those people that gift something with their own choosing. Only here it's something the taker really asked for. Both ways usually the gifter does it because it makes the taker feels better in getting a game (usually because they can't afford it) and with that makes the gifter also feel better.
Some even set some karma in motion and makes the taker gift something else in return at a later point.
Uhm, i kind of understand it but it's like i said, i find it weird that people actually ask for stuff kind of expensive and people actually trusting them, i mean, no disrespect to anyone but people will actually fake a good personality and try to scam a freeby, don't misunderstand me, i'm not condemning the person that made the good act of giving, i simply find it weird that he/she is willing to buy a game to a random guy.

Spinorial: The initial idea, I guess, was for people to post their most highly desired games, for reference mostly. And then someone, who felt like being kind or wanted to reward them, would consult it. Now, people mostly just dump whatever they fancy out of the current sale or bundle for the non-gog thread, and conversely some people will just dump leftovers. All good things pass :(
Lol, even if it isn't i kind of see that as a jab to me. Maybe it's because i'm "defending myself" but i don't see the problem, sometimes there are really good stuff on those leftovers and sometimes what you see as garbage could be a treasure to someone else.

Sometimes there is only one game in a bundle that someone wants but doesn't justify (or can't) giving away 1$ (or whatever the lowest tier is) for it, even if it's a little different, that happened to me today for the humble weekly bundle, i only wanted the Freaking Meatbags (well, and i kind of wanted Kill bad guy) so it was kind of hard for me to give 6$ for one game (yeah, i know, the bundles/sales made me a cheap person) so i see why people wouldn't want to buy it and wait for a giveaway. (btw, random thing for me to say but the Finding Teddy on the lowest tier is really worth the 1$ price, really awesome game). In the end i bought the bundle and gave the rest here.

Anyway, i understand what you meant and perhaps gog should upgrade their system where people could check others wishlists and games (if it was public) and randomly give away a game, maybe that will be on that galaxy software.

Offtopic, quick question, is there an advance writting system in these forums? It would be nice to preview the message before i post it or using the [s][/s], and other stuff that now i don't remember.
Getcomposted: Money? What's that?
Why, in the old days, I had to go out and make everything I needed! Bark shoes, and a coat made from scraps from curtains... XD
*Goes back to smelting iron so he can make a new suit of clothes* Aye! So wait, you're an elf?
Cyraxpt: Offtopic, quick question, is there an advance writting system in these forums? It would be nice to preview the message before i post it or using the [s][/s], and other stuff that now i don't remember.
If you install Barefoot Essentials and write a quick reply you can see the text as it is typed out across the bottom of the forums. That's all I know of, unfortunately.
Post edited July 24, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane
Cyraxpt: Uhm, i kind of understand it but it's like i said, i find it weird that people actually ask for stuff kind of expensive and people actually trusting them, i mean, no disrespect to anyone but people will actually fake a good personality and try to scam a freeby, don't misunderstand me, i'm not condemning the person that made the good act of giving, i simply find it weird that he/she is willing to buy a game to a random guy.

Lol, even if it isn't i kind of see that as a jab to me. Maybe it's because i'm "defending myself" but i don't see the problem, sometimes there are really good stuff on those leftovers and sometimes what you see as garbage could be a treasure to someone else.

Sometimes there is only one game in a bundle that someone wants but doesn't justify (or can't) giving away 1$ (or whatever the lowest tier is) for it, even if it's a little different, that happened to me today for the humble weekly bundle, i only wanted the Freaking Meatbags (well, and i kind of wanted Kill bad guy) so it was kind of hard for me to give 6$ for one game (yeah, i know, the bundles/sales made me a cheap person) so i see why people wouldn't want to buy it and wait for a giveaway. (btw, random thing for me to say but the Finding Teddy on the lowest tier is really worth the 1$ price, really awesome game). In the end i bought the bundle and gave the rest here.

Anyway, i understand what you meant and perhaps gog should upgrade their system where people could check others wishlists and games (if it was public) and randomly give away a game, maybe that will be on that galaxy software.

Offtopic, quick question, is there an advance writting system in these forums? It would be nice to preview the message before i post it or using the [s][/s], and other stuff that now i don't remember.
The only thing I can think of is Barefoot Essentials, it's an awesome program to utilize in these forums.
Cyraxpt: Lol, even if it isn't i kind of see that as a jab to me. Maybe it's because i'm "defending myself" but i don't see the problem, sometimes there are really good stuff on those leftovers and sometimes what you see as garbage could be a treasure to someone else.

Oh, I completely understand that angle, don't mistake me. I just think this thread was meant differently. I'd much rather be able to see what people would dearly like and have wanted for a long time, rather than where I can dump the latest batch of bundle fodder with minimum effort. For GOG games at least we have Barefoot Essentials now, though that requires that people take the time to consult the wiki, plus not everyone uses it. For Steam games, I feel the BONANZA is doing a great job of making people pick the things they most want, rather than anything that's on offer. That's just my observation, though.

No preview, sorry. It's particularly bad when you try to write some gigantic post that exceeds the limits and/or try to use some fancy formatting. Perhaps B.E. can help with that, too.
Post edited July 24, 2014 by Spinorial