It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tarnicus: Thank you very much ormaybemidgets for Zork. The "loving home" craig_ethan_123 offered ended up in my lap and fortunately it is a trip of nostalgia I am keen to embark on.

So DON'T trade with craig_ethan_123 He was also offering me a Witcher code and has done nothing but take as is the way this entire sale and offer nothing in return until he amassed a stash of codes which I'm sure have come from the generosity of this community. DON'T GIVE THE SCAMMER ANYTHING!

I'll be adding to Momo's thread(which already something) and starting a new one tomorrow on how to avoid these pricks.
vulchor: Jeez, what is the place coming to? You're right, that Witcher code came from me. I grabbed about 5 codes from the Anniversary to share with Goglodytes that missed out or are new. Craig Ethan is a leech, I didn't realize that. Apparently he didn't even want the game, just wanted some extra free trade bait.

Thanks for picking up on this, he didn't even redeem the code. There's another guy that asked me for a code, but his rep is -54 so I don't think he'll get one either. The rep system may not be perfect, but I'd have a hard time rationalizing a -54. At least you got Zork, Tarni, so it did go to a good home.

Momo has a "Do not trade with" thread?
Seems a bunch of negative rep trolls came in during those sales, which would be another negative over those insomnia sales.
vulchor: Jeez, what is the place coming to? You're right, that Witcher code came from me. I grabbed about 5 codes from the Anniversary to share with Goglodytes that missed out or are new. Craig Ethan is a leech, I didn't realize that. Apparently he didn't even want the game, just wanted some extra free trade bait.

Thanks for picking up on this, he didn't even redeem the code. There's another guy that asked me for a code, but his rep is -54 so I don't think he'll get one either. The rep system may not be perfect, but I'd have a hard time rationalizing a -54. At least you got Zork, Tarni, so it did go to a good home.

Here is his response to me via PM: "craig_ethan_123

I am sorry, I did not understate the code surrounding gifts, I was a ignorant selfish fool. I will try to reverse some of actions and give back the copy of witcher EE. Thank you for being such a ice community, in order to save it, I will leave forever.
Farewell "

to which I replied with "hey Craig if you do happen to log back on and see this message, would you be up for talking about this to see if maybe some level of understanding and resolution can be reached? Humans are more important than 'stuff', and you're a human too :) "

to which I just noticed that he has blocked PMs now.

Ungunbu: if i understand well -- this guy asked for a game and then used it for trading?
That is correct, and that behavior is frowned upon here.

Tarnicus: Here is his response to me via PM: "craig_ethan_123

I am sorry, I did not understate the code surrounding gifts, I was a ignorant selfish fool. I will try to reverse some of actions and give back the copy of witcher EE. Thank you for being such a ice community, in order to save it, I will leave forever.
Farewell "

to which I replied with "hey Craig if you do happen to log back on and see this message, would you be up for talking about this to see if maybe some level of understanding and resolution can be reached? Humans are more important than 'stuff', and you're a human too :) "

maybe he's sincere?
Ungunbu: if i understand well -- this guy asked for a game and then used it for trading?
vulchor: That is correct, and that behavior is frowned upon here.
well maybe he's just a kid -- and maybe he can learn the lesson if we forgive him :)
Post edited May 17, 2014 by Ungunbu

Farewell "

He blocked my PMs too, I would have attempted to smooth things over too if he wanted them to be. Whatever, he certainly got the description about himself correct. One person saying we are an ice community is better than having this place turn into every other gaming forum around.

Farewell "

Ungunbu: maybe he's sincere?
vulchor: That is correct, and that behavior is frowned upon here.
Ungunbu: well maybe he's a child -- and maybe he can learn the lesson if we forgive him :)
I don't hate the guy, as I said he didn't redeem the code, but that's probably because he already had the game. Sorry for my cynicism, but I've watched many a good community go down the crapper because of selfish lying jerks.
Post edited May 17, 2014 by vulchor

Farewell "

vulchor: He blocked my PMs too, I would have attempted to smooth things over too if he wanted them to be. Whatever, he certainly got the description about himself correct. One person saying we are an ice community is better than having this place turn into every other gaming forum around.
Ungunbu: maybe he's sincere?

well maybe he's a child -- and maybe he can learn the lesson if we forgive him :)
vulchor: I don't hate the guy, as I said he didn't redeem the code, but that's probably because he already had the game. Sorry for my cynicism, but I've watched many a good community go down the crapper because of selfish lying jerks.
you know maybe he's very young and it would be cool if we could teach him how to be a better person :)
Is anybody interested in a torchlight code? Most people probably have it since GOG was giving the game away last year, but if you don't have the game and want to play it, let me know.
vulchor: He blocked my PMs too, I would have attempted to smooth things over too if he wanted them to be. Whatever, he certainly got the description about himself correct. One person saying we are an ice community is better than having this place turn into every other gaming forum around.

I don't hate the guy, as I said he didn't redeem the code, but that's probably because he already had the game. Sorry for my cynicism, but I've watched many a good community go down the crapper because of selfish lying jerks.
Ungunbu: you know maybe he's very young and it would be cool if we could teach him how to be a better person :)
He's got free will, he can come back here anytime. He wasn't kicked out. I wouldn't pay him much sympathy, Ung. Tarnicus and I have both been very polite and generous with him.
Ungunbu: you know maybe he's very young and it would be cool if we could teach him how to be a better person :)
vulchor: He's got free will, he can come back here anytime. He wasn't kicked out. I wouldn't pay him much sympathy, Ung. Tarnicus and I have both been very polite and generous with him.
i can understand your point -- i hope he'll be back with good intentions :)
blarth: Is anybody interested in a torchlight code? Most people probably have it since GOG was giving the game away last year, but if you don't have the game and want to play it, let me know.
you could just try to post the code in the "ninja giveaways" thread?
Post edited May 17, 2014 by Ungunbu

pimpmonkey2382: Seems a bunch of negative rep trolls came in during those sales, which would be another negative over those insomnia sales.
I haven't seen proof of neg rep trolls doing that much damage on an otherwise long-term member in good standing. Then again, I hardly spend nearly as much time around here as I'd like to and as I used to.
vulchor: He's got free will, he can come back here anytime. He wasn't kicked out. I wouldn't pay him much sympathy, Ung. Tarnicus and I have both been very polite and generous with him.
Ungunbu: i can understand your point -- i hope he'll be back with good intentions :)
I do too. The more the merrier for sure, when they're good members. I'm glad to see you still hanging around after the Insomnia tracker thread ;)
Post edited May 17, 2014 by vulchor
pimpmonkey2382: Seems a bunch of negative rep trolls came in during those sales, which would be another negative over those insomnia sales.
vulchor: I haven't seen proof of neg rep trolls doing that much damage on an otherwise long-term member in good standing. Then again, I hardly spend nearly as much time around here as I'd like to and as I used to.
Ungunbu: i can understand your point -- i hope he'll be back with good intentions :)
vulchor: I do too. The more the merrier for sure, when they're good members. I'm glad to see you still hanging around after the Insomnia tracker thread ;)
i remember you hated me too :p
low rated
vulchor: I haven't seen proof of neg rep trolls doing that much damage on an otherwise long-term member in good standing. Then again, I hardly spend nearly as much time around here as I'd like to and as I used to.
vulchor: I do too. The more the merrier for sure, when they're good members. I'm glad to see you still hanging around after the Insomnia tracker thread ;)
Some came in demanding games, others saying they don't want to play the other games they already were gifted in case more game codes get dropped in the ninja thread, etc.
blarth: Is anybody interested in a torchlight code? Most people probably have it since GOG was giving the game away last year, but if you don't have the game and want to play it, let me know.
I don't have it, and would appreciate it. I have the second but never played the first.
RetiredBard: I don't have it, and would appreciate it. I have the second but never played the first.
PM'd
RetiredBard: I don't have it, and would appreciate it. I have the second but never played the first.
blarth: PM'd
Thanks!

If anyone's interested in a free Time Commando or Alan Wake's American Nightmare, I'm happy to gift those. I have a feeling they're not much in demand, though.