It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MatrixRaven: Well, will ya look at that?
Looks... pretty legit. As if nothing wrong has ever happened with it.

Now, whether this was just Bathesda's uncouth action or Gog's negligence, we might never know.
Spectrum_Legacy: Now, whether this was just Bathesda's uncouth action or Gog's negligence, we might never know.
Oh that's easy.

It was GOG's fuckup.

Bethesda wouldn't have changed their policy so soon.

GOG wouldn't have been able to change it back without Bethesda's say-so.

So GOG overstepped the mark (c.f: Steam did the right thing by ensuring existing customers had access to what they paid for).

GOG could restore access to paid content and look like the saviour - except they didn't need to remove it in the first place.

Well done GOG ineptitude.
lupineshadow: GOG could restore access to paid content and look like the saviour - except they didn't need to remove it in the first place.
I'm pretty sure no one here calls them saviour.

If the combined version would have contained all content, it would not have been a problem in the first place. Someone didn't look close enough it seems.
Thanks GOG for fixing your or Bethesda's error.
Thanks MarkoH01 for your efforts, and GOG for fixing what needed to be fixed.

Remember, folks: Always backup your installers, specially if they're from Bethesda games
Yes, MarkoH01 you managed to consolidate GOG users to appeal for the restoration of the Lost Episodes back to our game libraries. If not for you we might have never seen those back.

I wonder why GOG named it Wolfenstein: Spear of Destiny, the correct naming would be either Wolfenstein 3D: Spear of Destiny or simply Spear of Destiny. Alas I'm afraid that would never be corrected.

Maybe I should ask MarkoH01 to make a new thread ;)
Post edited January 26, 2023 by Cadaver747
lupineshadow: Oh that's easy.

It was GOG's fuckup.

Bethesda wouldn't have changed their policy so soon.

GOG wouldn't have been able to change it back without Bethesda's say-so.

So GOG overstepped the mark (c.f: Steam did the right thing by ensuring existing customers had access to what they paid for).

GOG could restore access to paid content and look like the saviour - except they didn't need to remove it in the first place.

Well done GOG ineptitude.
While I agree it should never have been done, and that GOG likely made a mistake, perhaps trusting in Bethesda and not looking too closely at the details, in reality it was Bethesda who made the change and left out the extra mission packs. GOG should have just been able to do a straight swap over, and trust all was fine. GOG no doubt are busy and have better things to do than second guess Bethesda or check up after them.

So I would hardly class GOG as being inept, certainly in this instance, if not in others.

If they were truly inept in this circumstance, then they would never have accepted they needed to restore things. They eventually did the right thing and that should be praised.
Post edited January 27, 2023 by Timboli
Timboli: So I would hardly class GOG as being inept, certainly in this instance, if not in others.

If they were truly inept in this circumstance, then they would never have accepted they needed to restore things. They eventually did the right thing and that should be praised.
But complaining and accusing is so much more fun ... and it makes one feel important.
Happy to see this returned to previous purchasers. Thank you to all who played a part in making this happen!
Post edited January 28, 2023 by guppy44
I don't own Wolfenstein 3D or Spear of Destiny, but thanks GOG for listening the complaints !
Lord_Kane: Yeah that lines up with my own experience because the crazy as fuck thing is the two spear of destiny addon packs are still available with the steam version for the moment too, so I sense Bethseda fuckery here or they intend to do the same to the steam version when no doubt it gets updated before the next god awful Wolfenstein game gets announced/released.

If Doom 2016 ever comes to GOG I will be really REALLY hesitant to purchase it here.
it will be a battle of wills for the ages with me.
I wish Doom 2016 would come here
M4XXST3IN: I wish Doom 2016 would come here
Don't know why, but Bethesda never even had it on their own launcher.

But sure, if all extra content could be activated offline (like it was done for Saints Row 3 and 4), then I would buy it again on GOG, so I could dump my Steam version.
M4XXST3IN: I wish Doom 2016 would come here
neumi5694: Don't know why, but Bethesda never even had it on their own launcher.

But sure, if all extra content could be activated offline (like it was done for Saints Row 3 and 4), then I would buy it again on GOG, so I could dump my Steam version.
Doom 2016 is the top game missing for my GOG collection, even if it only came with single player mode with no snap map I would purchase it

It seems that Doom 2016 is push towards Xbox
MarkoH01:
Edit: GOG resolved the issue on 01/25/2023 by readding the old versions of Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny back to the libraries of those who purchased the game before the change and therefore proving that they REALLY do listen to our feedback ... they are just not so big on talking ;) Thank you GOG for showing support for your customers in the end!
Glad this story had a happy ending for you! This isn't really a GOG issue fundamentally: it is a licensing issue. Licensing law is a gigantic cluster.
MarkoH01:
Edit: GOG resolved the issue on 01/25/2023 by readding the old versions of Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny back to the libraries of those who purchased the game before the change and therefore proving that they REALLY do listen to our feedback ... they are just not so big on talking ;) Thank you GOG for showing support for your customers in the end!
jadedrakerider: Glad this story had a happy ending for you! This isn't really a GOG issue fundamentally: it is a licensing issue. Licensing law is a gigantic cluster.
That might be the case but it also has something to do with purchase contracts and this one was broken when GOG removed part of my game which I purchased when there weren't no licensing issues. If you purchase a product the moment the shop you purchased it from had the license needed you are allowed to use the licensed content for private use even after the license has expired for the shop. However, since GOG corrected their mistake I am fine.