It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

After losing both the old Wolf3D and Spear of Destiny from my library, I got a mysterious free order that restored the old Wolf3D (with the same name as the new one). Spear of Destiny with the mission packs are still missing, but let's see where this is going.
Post edited January 25, 2023 by Ghildrean
Ghildrean: After losing both the old Wolf3D and Spear of Destiny from my library, I got a mysterious free order that restored the old Wolf3D (with the same name as the new one). Spear of Destiny with the mission packs are still missing, but let's see where this is going.
Same here ... so it seems GOG was listening here ... let's hope they understood that the problem lies with SoD and not Wolf3D. If they should readd SoD as well they will also readd a large chunk of believing in them again - at least from my side.
Ghildrean: After losing both the old Wolf3D and Spear of Destiny from my library, I got a mysterious free order that restored the old Wolf3D (with the same name as the new one). Spear of Destiny with the mission packs are still missing, but let's see where this is going.
I've just seen the same ... new first entry in my library.

My original Wolfenstein 3D library entry has returned, tags and all, giving me two library entries called Wolfenstein 3D, both with a single file to download, but one is 12 MB (my original), the other is 18 Mb (no doubt included SOD).

Hopefully this means the SOD entry is also coming back ... no point otherwise.
Post edited January 25, 2023 by Timboli
Hmm, seeing this thread doesn't make me happy. Thanks GOG... :( So far the 'you keep it in your library'.
Timboli: It would appear your library is yet to refresh.
Harzzach: Why would it take GOG a whole week not being able to simply change a few database entries? Because thats all there is to do.
It is not just about changing your access to the database, it is also about your browser entries changing to reflect that. Clearly the original files still existed, but after my library got refreshed, I lost access, because what I had access to had changed.

You have clearly not had your library refreshed, which might be as simple as you logging off and then back on again, or using the GOG refresh option, or something else gets changed in your library that necessitates GOG doing a refresh for you.

A refresh happens to me quite often, without logging out and without using the GOG refresh option. I can see the result of that, like many others, when the Seven: Enhanced Edition game jumps back to the first entry in my library. There is even a thread here all about that.
Spear of Destiny (28045) just showed up in my account again.
DoomSooth: Spear of Destiny (28045) just showed up in my account again.
Not for me but I now have Wolfenstein 6DD.
Attachments:
wolf6dd.png (490 Kb)
DoomSooth: Spear of Destiny (28045) just showed up in my account again.
Same here, new first entry ... 14 Mb file.

My library count of games has increased by 2.

Thanks GOG. :)
Timboli: You have clearly not had your library refreshed, which might be as simple as you logging off and then back on again, or using the GOG refresh option, or something else gets changed in your library that necessitates GOG doing a refresh for you.
Sry to dissapoint you, but nothing special happened after logging out, closing the browser, restarted the browser and logged into GOG again. Still both entries, no changes.

Also no "new" Wolfenstein 3D entry with a slightly different spelling.

Whatever happened to you and others, it didnt happened to every one with those games in the library.
Because they are re-adding the old entries I removed my attempt for a patch to restore the missing contents. I will keep it and re-post it if it is necessary.
In fact now I have three entries.

For those using Galaxy they can see two Wolfenstein 3D entries (same name) under the same game card, switchable. One is the new one with the bundled Spear of Destiny and the other is the old one.
Also the old standalone Spear of Destiny is back. This is, the old versions are back along the new reedited version.
Yeah, the old versions of Wolf 3D and Spear of Destiny are back, thank you GOG, it was the right thing to do and I'm really very happy with the positive outcome of the whole thing.

In case the staff read this thread, if I may make a small suggestion, you could rename the new version of Wolf 3D, the one with Spear of Destiny integrated, "Wolfenstein 3D + Spear of Destiny" so as to differentiate them and make its content immediately clear.
high rated
Thank you for bringing the original Spear of Destiny back to those who purchased it before the change. You have done the right thing and like I said before - this move brings back a lot of trust from me and won't be forgotten. I just remember that I might have missed to buy a few games from the sale ;)
Harzzach: Sry to dissapoint you, but nothing special happened after logging out, closing the browser, restarted the browser and logged into GOG again. Still both entries, no changes.
If you want to refresh your account, open the following links while logged into a web browser. Open the first and let it load fully, then load the other. There won't be a special confirmation message or anything. Just check if there's any change in your library afterwards.
https://www.gog.com/account/refresh
https://www.gog.com/user/refresh
Awesome news, the pillage has been returned! And it only took 150 posts too, though Gog wouldn't care otherwise, abiding with Bathesda's works. Could have been worse... Unfortunately smaller profile games and publishers might still get away with this.

Anyway, stay vigilant!