It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
This giveaway is now finished
-------------------------

OK, let's try something different...

Did you ever want to win a giveaway really badly, but luck favoured someone else? Did you enter a giveaway, only to be disqualified because you didn't meet the requirements? Or perhaps you expressed desire to enter a giveaway but changed your mind and later regretted it? Well, guess what. You get a second chance to get that game you wanted.

===============
RULES
===============

These are long, but PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING.

(As much as possible I'd like to keep the rules of the original giveaways)

I - GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

• You may enter this giveaway if:
_ You've entered a giveaway (this quarter), however you didn't win it. OR
_ You were disqualified after entering a giveaway (e.g. you didn't meet the requirements, or follow the rules). Please note that you have to meet the requirements now to be eligible. See section III.
_ You made a post expressing some desire to own the game, but decided against joining (e.g. "This game sounds quite interesting, but I got too much backlog at the moment"). Note that you must have made a post about it anywhere on the forum.

• You must make a link to your post where you joined or tried to join the GA. Suspicious posts that might suggest they have been edited after today just to enter this GA will not be counted.

• You may edit your post in this giveaway as much as you, however ultimately you are allowed only 1 entry here.

II - ELIGIBLE GIVEAWAYS

• The giveaway must have been created this quarter (1st January to 31st March 2015)

• The giveaway has ended (to make sure you didn't win it the normal way). This giveaway will end some time mid April. If you want me to wait a bit so that another giveaway ends first, let me know.

• The prize(s) for the giveaway were:
_ A single specific game. OR
_ A list of specific games. OR
_ A choice of a game from a small collection (e.g. "Any game by Bullfrog" or "Any Tomb Raider game").
_ A choice of a game from a large collection (e.g. "Any 5.99$ GOG game"), but this will only be counted if your post specifies the game you want to enter for (e.g. "I'm in because I'd like to get Magic Carpet Plus").

• This giveaway is specifically excluded ;)

III - SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

• You must meet the join date and rep requirements of the original giveaway.

• If the original giveaway had any other requirements, like having to draw a picture, write a poem or dance naked on the head of a pin, you must meet them too. You may use the same entry you used in the original giveaway, but original entries will get you extra chances to win (see section VI on winner selection below).

• If it's logically impossible to meet the original extra requirements (e.g. because you had to play a game against the other players or the host, or you had to take part in an event that's finished), then... improvise. Your creativity and originality will be rewarded. However, if you can't think of anything, then a simple "I'm in" will suffice in this case.

• Regardless of original requirements, scammers will not be eligible.

IV - PRIZES

• The prize will be the game(s) of the original giveaway on the same platform.

• EXCEPTION: If the game is available on GOG, you will get the GOG version instead, regardless of the platform the game was offered on in the original giveaway.

• Obviously, the game still has to be available for sale.

• Prize will be capped at 10$ (sorry, at the moment I can't match some of the more generous giveaways offered here).

• If your post mentions the specific game you're in for, only that game can be your prize.

• Prize trading/regifting rules of the original giveaway will apply.

V - ENTERING FOR OTHERS

• You may enter for others if:
_ The rules of the original giveaway allow entering for others.
_ You fulfill the requirements of section I (i.e. you entered or tried entering the giveaway and didn't win).

• You may change the person you're entering for. In fact if you originally entered for another, you may enter for yourself this time, or if you entered for yourself before, you may enter for another now.

• As far as possible, any rules of the original giveaway about entering for other (limits... etc.) will be enforced.

VI - WINNERS SELECTION

• All participants will get 1 entry into the draw. Original and creative participations will get multiple entries. Random.org will select the winner, so ultimately a simple "I'm in" might win.

• Winner selection will take place sometime mid April, thus allowing the late March giveaways to end.

• Winner will be contacted right after the draw, to make sure they still want the game (e.g. they didn't buy it themselves in the meantime). If there is no reply from the winner within a few days, they forfeit the prize and a new winner will be selected.

VII - FINAL RULES

• The above rules might be modified during the giveaway if necessary.

• Because there were zillions of giveaways with all kinds of crazy rules, any interpretations and decisions regarding eligibility... etc will be done by me. Please respect my decisions. If you have any questions or queries, please feel free to ask away.

===============

ENTRY FORMAT:

Say that you are in.
Post a link to your original entry, entry attempt... etc. Please link specifically to your post, not to the giveaway in general.
Anything else goes after that.

Editing posts in this giveaway is OK.

===============

That's it. You may enter now :).

I came up with the idea when I first wanted to enter for Sang Froid back in November, but my backlog was too big back then. Later I regretted it a bit. The game has since appeared in other giveaways, but always there was this or that that prevented me from entering. I'm still waiting on my 2̶n̶d̶ sixth chance, unless I catch the game on sale first ;).

EDIT: looks like my second chance came much sooner than I expected. Thanks to IAmSinistar.

Depending on how this goes and on my finances, I might make this a quarterly thing.

NOTE:
You may use the Gifting for Dummies thread to help you find the giveaway (linked to first entry in Jan):
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/how_does_one_make_a_gift_aka_gifting_on_gog_for_dummies/post2914
Post edited April 08, 2015 by ZFR
high rated
ADD:

There is a discussion here if you want to share any of your Second Chances stories:
www.gog.com/forum/general/the_second_chances_discussion

Please note that other than the topic, this is not related to this GA in any way (i.e. it is not necessary to take part in the discussion to join).
Post edited March 26, 2015 by ZFR
Yeah, I'm not reading all that. +1 tho
Great idea (and yes I read all your rules)!
+1 for the thoughtful giveaway

(and I have to say that I can't enter since I did not participate in any giveaway this year)
Post edited March 26, 2015 by moonshineshadow
Lovely legalese! I don't know why, but I'm wondering after reading through this whether it is somehow possible to enter this giveaway, become ineligible for breaking the rules thus allowing one to then enter the giveaway on that clause. But that would probably break the time continuum...
high rated
Cheers for the reading material during my lunch! ;-P

This must be the longest and most complicated set of rules for a GA I've ever read; +1 for not getting confused yourself. But it's a very thoughtful of you to offer second chances.

I must have entered a GA or two that I didn't win during Q1 2015, but frankly I can't remember, and with the forum search function being what it is, I'm disinclined to even attempt a search.

N̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶.

P.S. Might enter for someone else, if their entry rings a bell, and it's ok to edit my post.

EDIT:I̶'̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶f̶o̶r̶ m̶r̶k̶g̶n̶a̶o̶. I̶ ̶b̶e̶l̶i̶e̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ q̶u̶a̶l̶i̶f̶i̶e̶s̶.

EDIT2: Nope, it doesn't. In spite my best intentions and efforts, I can't support mrkgnao to win Loom here; the only way to use my post in that GA would be to enter for myself, but I don't want to meddle with his chances, so I'm back to Not in.
Post edited March 27, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: I must have entered a GA or two that I didn't win during Q1 2015, but frankly I can't remember, and with the forum search function being what it is, I'm disinclined to even attempt a search.
I felt much the same way, but I hate to see ZFR's generous effort being ignored, so I did the legwork and hunted down an eligible giveaway entry. Hopefully, others shall follow my lead.

I'm in for LOOM as a second chance for this.

Thank you, ZFR, +1.

EDIT: No longer in, as a result of this.
Post edited March 27, 2015 by mrkgnao
Giving others bit of an extra chance and ducking out of this GA. I've gotten a handful of games in the past month and I want to enter trentonlf's 1 year anniversary extremely generous giveaway and am limiting the giveaways I enter until I can return some of the favor I've received. I'm quite excited to make up my own giveaway as soon as I can. I have lots of ideas stirring around and GAs like this inspire more ideas. Thanks again ZFR!
Post edited March 28, 2015 by drealmer7
high rated
+1 for the concept. I like the spirit and intent of this giveaway, and hope you get plenty of entrants.
ZFR: I came up with the idea when I first wanted to enter for Sang Froid back in November, but my backlog was too big back then. Later I regretted it a bit. The game has since appeared in other giveaways, but always there was this or that that prevented me from entering. I'm still waiting on my 2̶n̶d̶ sixth chance, unless I catch the game on sale first ;).
Check your PMs.
After reading that, I'm ready to do something easy like my taxes!

I'm in. Here's my entry which later I withdrew as someone was in for the same exact games and I felt it was better to bow out gracefully and let the other one--a good-standing member of the forum community have a better chance. Still a bit of a regret as I put some effort in the entry.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_big_40_birthday_giveaway/post113

(Original post was for Ether One Deluxe Edition or Arx Fatalis)
Post edited March 27, 2015 by chadjenofsky
HypersomniacLive: I must have entered a GA or two that I didn't win during Q1 2015, but frankly I can't remember, and with the forum search function being what it is, I'm disinclined to even attempt a search.
mrkgnao: I felt much the same way, but I hate to see ZFR's generous effort being ignored, so I did the legwork and hunted down an eligible giveaway entry. Hopefully, others shall follow my lead.

Thank you, ZFR, +1.
I originally interpreted it to mean that an entrant could not have won "any" giveaway in the current quarter, but rereading more carefully, yeah, it seems that if you entered 13 but only won in 12, you could still participate under the terms of the 1 where you didn't win.

I've been debating creating a much simpler giveaway for some digital card games I found in the digital closet and found the prospect daunting ("Guess my favorite card games and win a game?"). Something this complex could require a herculean effort on ZFR's part, so +1!
drealmer7: Eligibility? I wasn't sure about this, your rules say "A single game" and the GA I'm using was for the value of a single $9.99 game, but not any specific game, so I wasn't even sure if the GA I chose actually qualifies, but am doing it regardless because I would think it does and can just change it later if not.
Thanks for the entry and the kind words. However, I did mean this to be for people who missed a specific game. A non-specific game is only OK if it's from a narrow selection of games (any game from a sale, any game by a developer X... etc) or if you've mentioned a specific game in the original post, which you unfortunately didn't. I've edited Section II to make it clear. You're welcome to make another entry
Post edited March 26, 2015 by ZFR
mrkgnao: I felt much the same way, but I hate to see ZFR's generous effort being ignored, so I did the legwork and hunted down an eligible giveaway entry. Hopefully, others shall follow my lead.

Thank you, ZFR, +1.
Hahaha, following your link, I found that I refrained from entering that one. Not sure if the reasons make for an eligible entry for this one though.

@ZFR
Could you clarify if this is an eligible second chance? And if I'm allowed to edit my post here?
high rated
RWarehall: Lovely legalese! I don't know why, but I'm wondering after reading through this whether it is somehow possible to enter this giveaway, become ineligible for breaking the rules thus allowing one to then enter the giveaway on that clause. But that would probably break the time continuum...
I've thought about it and thought that this GA will be excluded anyway by section II, since it doesn't offer a specific game. However one might enter for a specific game here and break the rules, thus making it a valid entry. I'll modify the rules...
drealmer7: Eligibility? I wasn't sure about this, your rules say "A single game" and the GA I'm using was for the value of a single $9.99 game, but not any specific game, so I wasn't even sure if the GA I chose actually qualifies, but am doing it regardless because I would think it does and can just change it later if not.
ZFR: Thanks for the entry and the kind words. However, I did mean this to be for people who missed a specific game. A non-specific game is only OK if it's from a narrow selection of games (any game from a sale, any game by a developer X... etc). I've edited Section II to make it clear. You're welcome to make another entry
I thought perhaps, that is actually how it seemed but I wasn't completely sure so went ahead! I will redo, no worries!