It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Breja: It's actually moving forward. This is so bizarre I keep expecting it to turn that it's all some huge misunderstanding or some trolling marketing campaign or something, but apparently it's really happening. Sure, movies were cancelled at much later stages of developement, so it could still not get made, but for now it's actually real.
You know, I had listened to some podcast on youtube, where Tarantion explains his vision of Star Trek (not this particular movie, but what Star Trek is about on the whole). I think that he actually have a chance to do thins right. Or at least better than JJ.
Caesar.: Not a Tarantino fan, but I would be OK with this. For me, Star Trek is TV and I see the movies more like an extra. I'd say they could experiment a little further: having a series of charismatic directors trying each a Star Trek movie might yield some interesting results (or fail spectacularly - but there's only one way to know).
+1
Whilst I don't like Tarantino's creations, his fanzine mash-ups are what made him famous (like Lucas re-inventing the Saturday matinee action heroes and movies from the 30s); Tarantino mimics his (usually classic, but certainly definitive) favorites.

To compare apples and apples, look at his treatment of Zuiker's CSI (double episode fifth season finale <i>Grave Danger</i>, 2004/5), where he was nominated for an Emmy (for Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series, won by someone called JJ Abrams, for the Lost pilot).

So I agree it is more likely to be better than not.
scientiae: Whilst I don't like Tarantino's creations, his fanzine mash-ups are what made him famous (like Lucas re-inventing the Saturday matinee action heroes and movies from the 30s); Tarantino mimics his (usually classic, but certainly definitive) favorites.
Also, if tarantino will try ti mimic TOS or TNG style and add modern CGI - this might me best Star Trek film ever in last decade.

P.S. Also: Quentin Tarantino Star Trek (Nerdist Presents) :)
Post edited February 06, 2018 by Andrey82
So, apparently the Tarantino Trek movie is going to be another Kelvin Timeline film (or at least Karl Urban thinks so).

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/star-trek/55807/star-trek-karl-urban-hopes-to-be-back-on-set-in-the-next-year

I'm glad if that's true. I really like the cast, and would hate to see the roles re-cast again (and I'm pretty sure Tarantino wasn't interested in a whole new crew & ship, I'm betting it's TOS that he wants to play with).
Breja: So, apparently the Tarantino Trek movie is going to be another Kelvin Timeline film (or at least Karl Urban thinks so).

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/star-trek/55807/star-trek-karl-urban-hopes-to-be-back-on-set-in-the-next-year

I'm glad if that's true. I really like the cast, and would hate to see the roles re-cast again (and I'm pretty sure Tarantino wasn't interested in a whole new crew & ship, I'm betting it's TOS that he wants to play with).
Tarantino, Karl Urban and Simon Pegg, this might just be enough to get me to actually enjoy one of the new Star Trek movies.
That seems fine. I like the cast too, and I find keeping the two timelines and storylines separate n my mind is not a problem after all (maybe because I have seen very little of TOS).
Caesar.: That seems fine. I like the cast too, and I find keeping the two timelines and storylines separate n my mind is not a problem after all (maybe because I have seen very little of TOS).
I keep something like a 100 timelines for DC superheroes separate in my head. Two Trek timelines are hardly a challenge.
Finally some good news - Star Trek 4 (or XIV) is happening and has a director. Also, a second movie is also already in early development. I'm happy to hear this, as I very much like the current movie cast and would hate to see them go, and besides I need some not-horrible Trek to help forget about the wide awake nightmare that is Discovery.

The only bad news here is the fact that the new director doesn't have any experience with movies, only TV (and her Jessica Jones bored me to death). Then again neither did Jonathan Frakes when he made First Contact, one of the best Treks ever, so maybe this isn't much of a problem after all.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by Breja
Good to hear they are going ahead with the movie series and that it is not considered to be incompatible with Discovery. I believed they wouldn't want to maintain two different timelines/casts (not that it hasn't been done before).
Cool - two Star Trek movies from different directors and writers. Twice the chance one of them will be decsent.
This is why we can't have nice things.
That picture they have below the article perfectly sums up how I feel about this news.

See photo attached
Attachments:
BenKii: That picture they have below the article perfectly sums up how I feel about this news.

See photo attached
Yep, pretty much. I hope the project might still get back on track, but I guess it's more likely we'll never hear of it again. At best maybe whatever ideas he had for those movies might end up being made into comics.
As bummed as that makes me since I love Meyer, I haven't even watched the new series yet. I'm a pretty hardcore Trek fan but something about the vibe of the new streaming stuff turned be off very early, plus I don't want to support the streaming exclusive aspect of it all.
Breja: Yep, pretty much. I hope the project might still get back on track, but I guess it's more likely we'll never hear of it again. At best maybe whatever ideas he had for those movies might end up being made into comics.
Or maybe we will get another space adventure franchise, like Orville.