It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The future of Star Trek is its past. Go buy a box with the classical films and/or the classical TV series.
Tarm: The future of Star Trek is its past. Go buy a box with the classical films and/or the classical TV series.
I'd pay a lot for the whole "Deep Space 9" on Blu-Ray-Disc...
even for "Voyager" at this point ffs.

The BD remaster of "The Next Generation" is sooo good.
Post edited July 03, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Tarm: The future of Star Trek is its past. Go buy a box with the classical films and/or the classical TV series.
Klumpen0815: I'd pay a lot for the whole "Deep Space 9" on Blu-Ray-Disc...

Sorry to disappoint but Blu-Rays for DS9 and Voyager are highly unlikely. The article I linked below is an interview with Robert Meyer Burnett ( the director, producer and editor of the bonus features found on the TNG and Enterprise BD sets). He explains in great detail why those releases will never happen. It's a shame because I really liked the TNG Blu-Rays as well and looked forward to seeing the rest of the series on BD-Rom.

http://www.treknews.net/2017/02/02/why-ds9-voyager-not-on-blu-ray-hd/

TLDR -- Basically costs too much time and money for CBS to do a BD release and they won't get much money back for doing it.
Post edited July 03, 2017 by BenKii

BenKii: Sorry to disappoint but Blu-Rays for DS9 and Voyager are highly unlikely.
Can't disappoint since I already know that.

It still sucks.

Heck I've even thought about getting Enterprise. Usually right after having seen one of the new films. It's not that bad...

BenKii: Sorry to disappoint but Blu-Rays for DS9 and Voyager are highly unlikely. The article I linked below is an interview with Robert Meyer Burnett ( the director, producer and editor of the bonus features found on the TNG and Enterprise BD sets). He explains in great detail why those releases will never happen. It's a shame because I really liked the TNG Blu-Rays as well and looked forward to seeing the rest of the series on BD-Rom.

TLDR -- Basically costs too much time and money for CBS to do a BD release and they won't get much money back for doing it.
oh fuck off CBS, thats bullshit.
Post edited July 03, 2017 by Lord_Kane
BenKii: Sorry to disappoint but Blu-Rays for DS9 and Voyager are highly unlikely. The article I linked below is an interview with Robert Meyer Burnett ( the director, producer and editor of the bonus features found on the TNG and Enterprise BD sets). He explains in great detail why those releases will never happen. It's a shame because I really liked the TNG Blu-Rays as well and looked forward to seeing the rest of the series on BD-Rom.

Lord_Kane: of fuck off CBS, thats bullshit.
I could say that what they're really thinking is "If we ignore the old stuff they have to buy the new stuff." but I won't.
Post edited July 03, 2017 by Tarm
Lord_Kane: of fuck off CBS, thats bullshit.
Tarm: I could say that what they're really thinking is "If we ignore the old stuff they have to buy the new stuff." but I won't.
oh no, dont hold off cause thats EXACTLY what they are doing, they are trying to shove any new trek down our throats and not giving us the choice at all.
Tarm: I could say that what they're really thinking is "If we ignore the old stuff they have to buy the new stuff." but I won't.
Lord_Kane: oh no, dont hold off cause thats EXACTLY what they are doing, they are trying to shove any new trek down our throats and not giving us the choice at all.
You guys are hilariously paranoid. If they could make money by releasing the old stuff on blu-ray, they'd do it. It's not like we can only buy the new Trek or the old, like we have to choose like it's the ending to The Last Crusade. You're given a perfectly sensible answer, and you still have to go looking for the evil illuminati lizardmen.
Post edited July 03, 2017 by Breja
Lord_Kane: oh no, dont hold off cause thats EXACTLY what they are doing, they are trying to shove any new trek down our throats and not giving us the choice at all.
Breja: You guys are hilariously paranoid. If they could make money by releasing the old stuff on blu-ray, they'd do it. It's not like we can only buy the new Trek or the old, like we have to choose like it's the ending to The Last Crusade. You're given a perfectly sensible answer, and you still have to go looking for the evil illuminati lizardmen.
Ok, I admit I am being a tad paranoid, but its my nervousness over Star Trek Discovery, I am trying to not worry about it, I just hope it can get over the Season 1 hump that most star trek series seem to have.

and I perfer MJ12 over the illuminati, cooler name I think.
Lord_Kane: Ok, I admit I am being a tad paranoid, but its my nervousness over Star Trek Discovery, I am trying to not worry about it, I just hope it can get over the Season 1 hump that most star trek series seem to have.
Yeah, except for the Original Series the rest always had a shaky start, but I still like all those Season Ones. For all the growing pains, there was some really good stuff in all of those too. And the pilot episodes were usually pretty damn good. If Discovery starts of with something nearly as good as Encounter at Farpoint I'll be over the moon.
Post edited July 03, 2017 by Breja
Lord_Kane: Ok, I admit I am being a tad paranoid, but its my nervousness over Star Trek Discovery, I am trying to not worry about it, I just hope it can get over the Season 1 hump that most star trek series seem to have.
Breja: Yeah, except for the Original Series the rest always had a shaky start, but I still like all those Season Ones. For all the growing pains, there was some really good stuff in all of those too. And the pilot episodes were usually pretty damn good. If Discovery starts of with something nearly as good as Encounter at Farpoint I'll be over the moon.
I hope so, I just am more worried about them drifting into JJTrek territory then anything, thats where my paranoia sits.
Breja: Yeah, except for the Original Series the rest always had a shaky start, but I still like all those Season Ones. For all the growing pains, there was some really good stuff in all of those too. And the pilot episodes were usually pretty damn good. If Discovery starts of with something nearly as good as Encounter at Farpoint I'll be over the moon.
Lord_Kane: I hope so, I just am more worried about them drifting into JJTrek territory then anything, thats where my paranoia sits.
That's your problem?! Even Into Darkness, the worst of the new movies, is still not actually bad by any stretch. If Discovery is half, no- a quarter as good as Beyond was I will be not just over the moon, but over the damn Jupiter.
Lord_Kane: I hope so, I just am more worried about them drifting into JJTrek territory then anything, thats where my paranoia sits.
Breja: That's your problem?! Even Into Darkness, the worst of the new movies, is still not actually bad by any stretch. If Discovery is half, no- a quarter as good as Beyond was I will be not just over the moon, but over the damn Jupiter.
weird thing is... I like JJTrek,

I must be a confusing person...
even I am confused.

Tarm: Heck I've even thought about getting Enterprise. Usually right after having seen one of the new films. It's not that bad...
I have TOS and Enterprise on BD too since I rather buy series box sets than movies anyway by now.

Breja: That's your problem?! Even Into Darkness, the worst of the new movies, is still not actually bad by any stretch. If Discovery is half, no- a quarter as good as Beyond was I will be not just over the moon, but over the damn Jupiter.
Imho "Beyond" was the worst of the three new ones since they got gradually worse. I can't even remember the story of Beyond anymore since it was so boring and senseless.
Post edited July 03, 2017 by Klumpen0815