It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Antimateria: today I kissed a lot of some lesbian. =)
orcishgamer: Wait, are you a lesbian? If not, explain to me how I get to fulfill one of my lifelong dreams!
I'm not.. for once I thought that it was kind of neat that me is some Sami.. Well.. It just was some weird thing, although. I'm just a normal deuche. =P
I guess I need more to drink before i come here
3 days is too long for you to disappear, rise through the power of bourbon whiskey!
Beer! Beer and Buffy The Vampire Slayer!
Yeah I'm getting reacquainted with some old friends. Beer and Buffy.

Edit: Drinking beer makes me wanna watch Beer Bad. heh.
Post edited November 23, 2012 by Tarm
Tarm: Beer! Beer and Buffy The Vampire Slayer!

Buffy and beer is an old favourite of mine. In fact, your post has convinced my suitably tipsy self to go and watch old Buffy episodes right now. I still have three beers left. Wonderful :D.
Tarm: Beer! Beer and Buffy The Vampire Slayer!

shadowmirage: Buffy and beer is an old favourite of mine. In fact, your post has convinced my suitably tipsy self to go and watch old Buffy episodes right now. I still have three beers left. Wonderful :D.
Great! Nice to find another Beer and Buffy addict here. :)

Oh and do watch Pangs. It's a day late but whatever. :)
AAargh I tried to have a nice friday night with cosy beers getting back into Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox.

GODDAMN that game is hard!
4 hours later, and all I've done is finish the beers.
I had gotten pretty good at it a couple of months ago(meaning a boss took less than twenty attempts), but now I got totally slaughtered by the regular enemies.

So now I'm playing Quake... A bit more in my league, and a heck of a lot more entertaining with those beers in me.
Floydinizer: AAargh I tried to have a nice friday night with cosy beers getting back into Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox.

GODDAMN that game is hard!
4 hours later, and all I've done is finish the beers.
I had gotten pretty good at it a couple of months ago(meaning a boss took less than twenty attempts), but now I got totally slaughtered by the regular enemies.

So now I'm playing Quake... A bit more in my league, and a heck of a lot more entertaining with those beers in me.
There was a time when I could picture all of Quake in my head. I knew it so well I could literally "play" it in my head. First PC and first FPS so yeah. I played it a lot. :P
Would be fun to play it again after all those years and do it drunk to add that extra bit of flavour. :)
Tarm: There was a time when I could picture all of Quake in my head. I knew it so well I could literally "play" it in my head. First PC and first FPS so yeah. I played it a lot. :P
Would be fun to play it again after all those years and do it drunk to add that extra bit of flavour. :)
I can't say I played it back then, I was just a few years too young. I played contemporary games, but I was too young to get any enjoyment from pure grim and gloomy badass violence.
But goddamn I love it now. Especially the pace of it. Entering a room and stepping on a tile in the middle, triggering doors and monster-spawns all around you, and you blast them all away in flurry where you have no sense of time, dodging grenades like crazy.

I didn't get into these games properly until around the UT2003, but I can see myself as being a Quake-junkie back then.

Also, I've laughed lots at the short texts between the chapters. Especially reading god names like Shiggurath had me rolling with laugher.
Might be the beers though :p

Edit:
Also, game ads were f****ing awesome back then, I tried to find a picture I saw of a quake ad that showed a hideous man cave ridden with snacks and coffee stains and Quake on the screen...
But all I found was this german commercial...
Post edited November 23, 2012 by Floydinizer
Heello me, it's me again! I'm quite too f*ucking drunk to do anything i just spent 130e on a bar trip now im somewhere durnk.
Merry Chrismas and halloween and whatever holidays your're having im going to bed.... Nighty night!!
Sebek: Heello me, it's me again! I'm quite too f*ucking drunk to do anything i just spent 130e on a bar trip now im somewhere durnk.
Merry Chrismas and halloween and whatever holidays your're having im going to bed.... Nighty night!!
Nighty night! Hopefully you wake up somewhere nice XD.
Tarm: There was a time when I could picture all of Quake in my head. I knew it so well I could literally "play" it in my head. First PC and first FPS so yeah. I played it a lot. :P
Floydinizer: I can't say I played it back then, I was just a few years too young. I played contemporary games, but I was too young to get any enjoyment from pure grim and gloomy badass violence.
But goddamn I love it now. Especially the pace of it. Entering a room and stepping on a tile in the middle, triggering doors and monster-spawns all around you, and you blast them all away in flurry where you have no sense of time, dodging grenades like crazy.

I didn't get into these games properly until around the UT2003, but I can see myself as being a Quake-junkie back then.

Also, I've laughed lots at the short texts between the chapters. Especially reading god names like Shiggurath had me rolling with laugher.
Might be the beers though :p
It wasn't the grim, gloomy badass thing that got you hooked or made it great. It was above all the intuitive and configurable steering. You literally felt like you WAS in the game because of keyboard, mouse and free look game steering. No other game had gotten that right before.
Add to that varied monsters, varied weapons and very good maps for the levels and you have a classic.
It simply was a game that clicked on every level in a major way. Yeah there was flaws but the awesome click factor of everything else drowned them in a second. Very few games have managed to do that. And it did it despise everything looking like the world was built of crap with all that brown. :P
Tarm: It wasn't the grim, gloomy badass thing that got you hooked or made it great. It was above all the intuitive and configurable steering. You literally felt like you WAS in the game because of keyboard, mouse and free look game steering. No other game had gotten that right before.
Add to that varied monsters, varied weapons and very good maps for the levels and you have a classic.
It simply was a game that clicked on every level in a major way. Yeah there was flaws but the awesome click factor of everything else drowned them in a second. Very few games have managed to do that. And it did it despise everything looking like the world was built of crap with all that brown. :P
heh I mentioned the grim and gloomy badass thing because that was the main reason I couldn't play it way back then. I do remember watching it with a friend while his dad played.
But yeah, I'm playing it clean without any ports or enhancements, it's smooth as silk to play.
The sounds are also a big part of making it awesome. And yes, lots of brown, kind of funny when gameplay-wise it's the absolute opposite of today's realistic shooters.

*and check the edit in the post above, the ad in the link is hilarious. Starting to think it might be fake.

**Also, boomerradio.com - Cruisin' Oldies! That shit is rocking!
Post edited November 23, 2012 by Floydinizer
Tarm: It wasn't the grim, gloomy badass thing that got you hooked or made it great. It was above all the intuitive and configurable steering. You literally felt like you WAS in the game because of keyboard, mouse and free look game steering. No other game had gotten that right before.
Floydinizer: heh I mentioned the grim and gloomy badass thing because that was the main reason I couldn't play it way back then. I do remember watching it with a friend while his dad played.
But yeah, I'm playing it clean without any ports or enhancements, it's smooth as silk to play.
The sounds are also a big part of making it awesome. And yes, lots of brown, kind of funny when gameplay-wise it's the absolute opposite of today's realistic shooters.

*and check the edit in the post above, the ad in the link is hilarious. Starting to think it might be fake.

**Also, boomerradio.com - Cruisin' Oldies! That shit is rocking!
Quake WAS realistic way back then. Well sorta. Oh and you haven't played Quake without FOV 120. ;)
Yeah. It's the gameplay that hooks you. The only other games I can think of that have made me feel in control is Unreal Tournament and CS. CS as in the original with the latest "official" patches.
Strangely I don't remember the sounds. I probably didn't think much of them back then.

That Advert is hilarious. It looks fake but I wouldn't put any weirdness beyond German or Japanese odd view of the world.
Tarm: Quake WAS realistic way back then. Well sorta. Oh and you haven't played Quake without FOV 120. ;)
Yeah. It's the gameplay that hooks you. The only other games I can think of that have made me feel in control is Unreal Tournament and CS. CS as in the original with the latest "official" patches.
Strangely I don't remember the sounds. I probably didn't think much of them back then.

That Advert is hilarious. It looks fake but I wouldn't put any weirdness beyond German or Japanese odd view of the world.
FOV 120?! You can change that in the console?
And the sounds do a big part for me. The clunk of the grenades, the gasp of breath when you emerge from water.. creaminess in my ears.
Also, the knitted sweaters in that advert are awesome, would love one of those for christmas :p