It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Emob78: So, how are the stars and universe over in Finland? Here in America they are very starry and very universe-ey.

More wheat beer. It's taking me two weeks to finish off a case of beer. I think I'm becoming a lightweight.
ScotchMonkey: Even during my quitting phase I managed more than that.
I should have stated *beer* lightweight. I also keep supplies of rum and whiskey around during intermissions.

There's a plum tree in my back yard. I've heard plum wine is really good. Maybe I should use my natural resources available to me and get into the micro-brewing business. It would give me an excuse to cut down on the beer carbs.
justanoldgamer: The first time I got majorly drunk was with screwdrivers, it took me years after that to be able to drink orange juice. It was over 30 years ago and I haven't touched vodka since . (except maybe in some mixed drink)

My poisons of choice are beer, scotch, or low end (no age on bottle) whisky with cola.

I require my scotch to be at least 12 years old (or else it's mixed with cola) but not single malt (it's ok but not required). I don't have the money to be fancier, in fact I currently don't have the money to be that fancy so it's more of a treat than an every day drink. I drink it dry.
Screwdrivers are awesome.

Mi tio has the same issue with whiskey, though. Dude wound up staring down a truck on a highway... While he was on a bike. He can't remember what happened, but he wound up in a ditch; alive, luckily.

I hear ya; I once had this $60-$80 (USD) bottle of scotch that this Mexican guy from Aspen, CO, USA let me have. It was surprisingly good.
ScotchMonkey: Even during my quitting phase I managed more than that.
Emob78: I should have stated *beer* lightweight. I also keep supplies of rum and whiskey around during intermissions.

There's a plum tree in my back yard. I've heard plum wine is really good. Maybe I should use my natural resources available to me and get into the micro-brewing business. It would give me an excuse to cut down on the beer carbs.
Do it! Ya know ya want to; also sounds Blamming! awesome. If you do it, should send some over here, yeah?

Not big on wheat ales, for some reason I can't handle them; big on stouts und porters. Some Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout for me tonight.
Post edited May 14, 2015 by Gunsang
Gunsang: big on stouts und porters. Some Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout for me tonight.
Do it! Stouts are awesome. Try out the Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout if you ever get the chance. Best beer I've ever had.

Currently staying at my parents' house for the next week and a half. All their beer is expired, so I'm downing some Jack and Coke tonight.
Boom. So, I'm drunk enough to consider myself drunk, but still sober enough to correct spelling mistakes before I post. Annoying though, having to correct more of the bastards.

Three beers and a gin-and-tonic, by the way. Yeah, I get drunk easily. Two Twisted Thistle, and the first I can't remember, was branded as a "real ale" though, but didn't taste much.

(Consider this my "Facebook" posting, since I don't have a Facebook account, and wouldn't get much use of it even if I had one.)
Post edited May 15, 2015 by Maighstir
Maighstir: Boom. So, I'm drunk enough to consider myself drunk, but still sober enough to correct spelling mistakes before I post. Annoying though, having to correct more of the bastards.
A forum that I used to frequent (it does not exist anymore) had this unwritten rule: No editing of drunk posts, not even while writing.
Maighstir: Boom. So, I'm drunk enough to consider myself drunk, but still sober enough to correct spelling mistakes before I post. Annoying though, having to correct more of the bastards.
justanoldgamer: A forum that I used to frequent (it does not exist anymore) had this unwritten rule: No editing of drunk posts, not even while writing.
How would they differ between a drunk misspelling and an everyday one? I edit or rewrite every single one of my posts many times before posting, to the point of often figuring "I can't make it perfect so I'd better not post it at all" and cancelling it instead.
justanoldgamer: A forum that I used to frequent (it does not exist anymore) had this unwritten rule: No editing of drunk posts, not even while writing.
Maighstir: How would they differ between a drunk misspelling and an everyday one? I edit or rewrite every single one of my posts many times before posting, to the point of often figuring "I can't make it perfect so I'd better not post it at all" and cancelling it instead.
It was not enforced or anything, and it was customary to title drunk posts as such.
Maighstir: How would they differ between a drunk misspelling and an everyday one? I edit or rewrite every single one of my posts many times before posting, to the point of often figuring "I can't make it perfect so I'd better not post it at all" and cancelling it instead.
Dangerous philosophy. Like not trying for lack of a totally guaranteed success.
ScotchMonkey: Dangerous philosophy. Like not trying for lack of a totally guaranteed success.
Not quite that bad, "perfect" is probably the wrong word, but it was the one I could think of at that point. I usually follow a philosophy of "better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and offer proof", but my idiocy filter isn't quite perfect so stuff leaks through every so often.

If, when writing a post, I realise that I'm going off on a tangent and have left the original matter way behind, I usually cut and edit it to be shorter and a bit more comprehensible.
Post edited May 19, 2015 by Maighstir
I'm surprised that this thread is not more busy with what's happening on the forum.
justanoldgamer: I'm surprised that this thread is not more busy with what's happening on the forum.
Why whats happnin now? Are people still injecting their politics into every bloody thing.
Maighstir: ...
I like the way you think.
justanoldgamer: I'm surprised that this thread is not more busy with what's happening on the forum.
ScotchMonkey: Why whats happnin now? Are people still injecting their politics into every bloody thing.
It's not as bad today but since The Witcher 3 lauched it's been all new "Friend me" and TW3 questions threads.
Random thoughts while loaded on wine:

Dat baby don't look like me!

Hail Kenny Chesney!

Witcher 3 and Pillars of Eternity should have a duel to the death to determine the game of the year award (P.S. It definitely won't be won by that piece of shit Battlefield Hardline)

The Dodgers will win the pennant this year.

And finally, Sangria>Merlot wine
Post edited June 09, 2015 by nmorello11
Dusty Rhodes is sippin' and smokin' in heaven. RIP, Dream.

Dut-t-t-ty needs a drink, baby. And so do I.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGaAQVYiVv0