It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WAY TOO BUSY POWERTRIPPING!
Just found out that a nice and kind girl who friend-zoned me in high school got married to the big, bulky football jock who used to beat up and bully nice guys like me and other small kids in school two years ago.

Why do girls go for bad boys?

Drinking away my sorrows...
sasuke12: Just found out that a nice and kind girl who friend-zoned me in high school got married to the big, bulky football jock who used to beat up and bully nice guys like me and other small kids in school two years ago.

Why do girls go for bad boys?

Drinking away my sorrows...
I like your story. It's like ants in the anthill biting other insects to death and dragging them to the queen and sort of like yeah animals and such and you know there is more to life than this but you gotta sing with bob dylan zimmerman and say it's alright mama, I'm only sighing and then move on or stick to that like what ever works for you but there is nothing wrong with sorrows, son. let me tell you that much, ain't nothing wrong with sorrows. part of the gig. I'll rise my humble can of bear (karhu in local terms) beer to that, and your sorrows. put some howling wolf or sumptin', sun.

edit, typos
Post edited March 28, 2015 by superstande
For some reason I can down 17 beers from a case (bottle) and be just buzzed.

But drinking 6-7 Pints gets me crunked right quick.

Why the difference?
ScotchMonkey: Why the difference?
Higher ABV on what you're ordering on draft, consumed in a larger format each time (16 vs 12 oz)?

With the case, you're drinking at home and drinking them over a longer period of time? At the bar, you're just downing pints one after the other?

Or - a lot of bars keep lousy tap lines. Stuff that grows in those lines can make you sick in a way that could be mistaken for being even more drunk (headache, stomach upset) and added to 6 to 7 pints (ouch!) might make you feel pretty terrible.

That said holy hell that's a lot of beer at once! Don't forget your DD, and a lot of water!
ScotchMonkey: Why the difference?
Ixamyakxim: Higher ABV on what you're ordering on draft, consumed in a larger format each time (16 vs 12 oz)?

With the case, you're drinking at home and drinking them over a longer period of time? At the bar, you're just downing pints one after the other?

Or - a lot of bars keep lousy tap lines. Stuff that grows in those lines can make you sick in a way that could be mistaken for being even more drunk (headache, stomach upset) and added to 6 to 7 pints (ouch!) might make you feel pretty terrible.

That said holy hell that's a lot of beer at once! Don't forget your DD, and a lot of water!
Its over the course of a few hours and many times bleeding the lizard. As for the ABV I suck as maths and calculation so maybe that is the case. I drink Canadian for both.
My first Gog post in quite some time. I've drank enough sangria that I've decided that GOG should give me their entire catalog just for being awesome.

I've also decided that friends are awesome, especially if they'll have a drink with you. Cheers

[downs another glass of wine]
Cheers!
*takes a sip of beer
Deciding to abstain for 6 months for health reasons. Drying out should not be too bad since I still have my smokes to offset the healthiness : D
Tarm: Thank you for the tips.
Generally Beer, Ale and all that stuff isn't very popular in Sweden so you have to look for it and most of the time also know what you look for.
Here hard liquor is the thing. It's not a coincidence that Absolut Vodka is from Sweden. We're in the Vodka belt. :P
Klumpen0815: No problem.
I never understood how anybody can enjoy Vodka and why it's so popular (even here), I can understand the appeal of 60€ single malt (had some more expensive ones 10 years ago, Scapa was my favourite) but you only drink this drop by drop anyway.
I didn't either until I tasted ice cold vodka from the fridge that a friend had got from some polish friends. It was made from grain and the taste it got when fridge cold was like a enormously tasty bread. Mmmm...
If it got above freezing point that taste went away. So vodka made from grain served below freezing point is amazingly good tasting. :)
The first time I got majorly drunk was with screwdrivers, it took me years after that to be able to drink orange juice. It was over 30 years ago and I haven't touched vodka since . (except maybe in some mixed drink)

My poisons of choice are beer, scotch, or low end (no age on bottle) whisky with cola.

I require my scotch to be at least 12 years old (or else it's mixed with cola) but not single malt (it's ok but not required). I don't have the money to be fancier, in fact I currently don't have the money to be that fancy so it's more of a treat than an every day drink. I drink it dry.
justanoldgamer: The first time I got majorly drunk was with screwdrivers, it took me years after that to be able to drink orange juice. It was over 30 years ago and I haven't touched vodka since . (except maybe in some mixed drink)
First time was with Bacardi Rum with coke.

Had no established limits so I downed 2/3 of the damn 26oz bottle over a few hours.

Geyser level vomit. Then fell down a flight of concrete stairs. Bros thought I was dead until I moaned that I needed a cigarette.

11 years later and I still stay away from Rum.
Not quite sure how this became "a thing", but now it is. Every Friday afternoon we meet up at Mom's for a few. At first it was a Wisconsin classic, brandy and 7, but we've now turned it into "what are we having next week?" The last couple weeks it was Bloody Marys (definitely not a favorite for me and the wife) but this week it was Mojitos. Yum, but damn, they sneak up on you,

We came up with daiquiris for next week and I found a recipe for a strawberry-rhubarb concoction. Hoping that works out.

After that, I may suggest some old school classics that we've never tried.
You meet up at your moms house to drink regularly?
Just a Friday thing. A couple while we shoot the bull about whatever comes up.