It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gunsang: my country{the U.S.} is way too big to have pride in, frinkin' southerners
I dunno, I like the american south. Great booze, great music, great women with great accent and great hot sauce. ;)
One millinillion bottles of beer on the wall, one millinillion bottles of beer.
Take one nongentillion down, pass it around, nine hundred and ninety nine nongentillion bottles of beer on the wall...
sunshinecorp: One millinillion bottles of beer on the wall, one millinillion bottles of beer.
Take one nongentillion down, pass it around, nine hundred and ninety nine nongentillion bottles of beer on the wall...
Oh, boy. We're going to be here for a while... or at least until the guy counting has passed out.
Gunsang: my country{the U.S.} is way too big to have pride in, frinkin' southerners
sunshinecorp: I dunno, I like the american south. Great booze, great music, great women with great accent and great hot sauce. ;)
Really? I can't stand it personally. I just see racist, nationalist, fat, ignorant people. In other words, I see the classic American stereotype coming from Texas and the South. I personally prefer my region's beer, other country's liqueur, UK and European music, tough women (not southerners), and Mexican hot sauce. Interesting...

Don't mean to be too offensive, but... Sorry, I guess.
Post edited February 08, 2015 by Gunsang
sunshinecorp: I dunno, I like the american south. Great booze, great music, great women with great accent and great hot sauce. ;)
Gunsang: Really? I can't stand it personally. I just see racist, nationalist, fat, ignorant people. In other words, I see the classic American stereotype coming from Texas and the South. I personally prefer my region's beer, other country's liqueur, UK and European music, tough women (not southerners), and Mexican hot sauce. Interesting...

The South doesn't have a monopoly on racist, nationalist, fat, or ignorant people. You can find that pretty much anywhere. And besides, what would hating a specific part of the country be called? Regionalism? Are you a regionalist? How un-PC.
Emob78: The South doesn't have a monopoly on racist, nationalist, fat, or ignorant people. You can find that pretty much anywhere.
You're unfortunately right. I think bigotry is a reactionary trait. People of all stripes can be bigots but it is mostly present in people who feel that the world is going bad, a lot of those people need a scapegoat and groups most often nominate peoples different from them as scapegoats.

Why aren't present days as good as the good old days?

It's evidently those people who weren't there back then or used to know their place. Nobody minded them back then but now they act as if they were normal folks.

I mean look at how dumb down computer operating systems have became to accommodate people who can't differentiate a gigabyte from a gigahertz.
Last call.

I'm on my 12th and last beer tonight (I'm out and the law do not permit stores to sell it after 23:00 and bars after 3:00 which is in 20 minutes).
justanoldgamer: Last call.

I'm on my 12th and last beer tonight (I'm out and the law do not permit stores to sell it after 23:00 and bars after 3:00 which is in 20 minutes).
♪ I fought the law and the law won ♫
Gunsang: Really? I can't stand it personally. I just see racist, nationalist, fat, ignorant people. In other words, I see the classic American stereotype coming from Texas and the South. I personally prefer my region's beer, other country's liqueur, UK and European music, tough women (not southerners), and Mexican hot sauce. Interesting...

I don't go much for stereotypes. I mean, I enjoy using them as a joke, because I'm a bastard like that, but I don't believe in them. Like people above said, you can find racism and nationalism everywhere, unfortunately. Sure, some regions have a history of hate, but that doesn't mean everyone in them should be automatically considered a villain.
Aaaanyway, the south is a treasure trove of americana.
And I can't really explain why, because I'm really not from over there, but I love American roots music, especially country and subgenres like bluegrass etc. Go figure.
Post edited February 08, 2015 by sunshinecorp
Emob78: The South doesn't have a monopoly on racist, nationalist, fat, or ignorant people. You can find that pretty much anywhere.
justanoldgamer: You're unfortunately right. I think bigotry is a reactionary trait. People of all stripes can be bigots but it is mostly present in people who feel that the world is going bad, a lot of those people need a scapegoat and groups most often nominate peoples different from them as scapegoats.

Why aren't present days as good as the good old days?

It's evidently those people who weren't there back then or used to know their place. Nobody minded them back then but now they act as if they were normal folks.

I mean look at how dumb down computer operating systems have became to accommodate people who can't differentiate a gigabyte from a gigahertz.
I just think it's funny that anyone would take the time to take cheap shots at the South, in a forum dedicated to drinking, a knock on a region of America that produces some of the best booze (and boozers) in the world. But then again, I grew up as a punk rocker, and punk rockers are famous for their low blows against Reagan, Jesus, the South, or anything presenting itself as a 'tradition.' Those punkers make the best targets for that same reason. Behind every social critic is yet another... pen and paper in hand.
Gunsang: -snip-
Emob78: The South doesn't have a monopoly on racist, nationalist, fat, or ignorant people. You can find that pretty much anywhere. And besides, what would hating a specific part of the country be called? Regionalism? Are you a regionalist? How un-PC.
They don't have a monopoly, but it's certainly a lot more prevalent down there. I've spent a considerable amount of time in Tennessee (not even the deep south) and I have no intention of going back. I didn't like it very much at all. Really wasn't happy with all the Fox News watching and confederate flag waving people. Not that everybody's like that, but I doubt you see it very often in Oregon.

It just feels like racism is so pervasive there and all the Confederate apologists drive me insane, it's like they're trying to rewrite history.

Of course there's good people there too, but I met too many people I disliked for such reasons, so I'm now heavily biased against the South.

Perhaps I am just a regionalist, but I don't dislike regions I've never been to.

-snip-
sunshinecorp: Aaaanyway, the south is a treasure trove of americana.
And I can't really explain why, because I'm really not from over there, but I love American roots music, especially country and subgenres like bluegrass etc. Go figure.
Haha, it's too weird that you connected with the American south. Ever spend time there?

justanoldgamer: -snip-
Emob78: I just think it's funny that anyone would take the time to take cheap shots at the South, in a forum dedicated to drinking, a knock on a region of America that produces some of the best booze (and boozers) in the world. But then again, I grew up as a punk rocker, and punk rockers are famous for their low blows against Reagan, Jesus, the South, or anything presenting itself as a 'tradition.' Those punkers make the best targets for that same reason. Behind every social critic is yet another... pen and paper in hand.
Sometimes I like to rant when I'm drunk, and the South is an easy target. I apologize if I've offended anyone.
Post edited February 08, 2015 by Gunsang
Emob78: The South doesn't have a monopoly on racist, nationalist, fat, or ignorant people. You can find that pretty much anywhere. And besides, what would hating a specific part of the country be called? Regionalism? Are you a regionalist? How un-PC.
Gunsang: They don't have a monopoly, but it's certainly a lot more prevalent down there. I've spent a considerable amount of time in Tennessee (not even the deep south) and I have no intention of going back. I didn't like it very much at all. Really wasn't happy with all the Fox News watching and confederate flag waving people. Not that everybody's like that, but I doubt you see it very often in Oregon.

It just feels like racism is so pervasive there and all the Confederate apologists drive me insane, it's like they're trying to rewrite history.

Of course there's good people there too, but I met too many people I disliked for such reasons, so I'm now heavily biased against the South.

Perhaps I am just a regionalist, but I don't dislike regions I've never been to.
sunshinecorp: Aaaanyway, the south is a treasure trove of americana.
Gunsang: Haha, it's too weird that you connected with the American south. Ever spend time there?

Emob78: I just think it's funny that anyone would take the time to take cheap shots at the South, in a forum dedicated to drinking, a knock on a region of America that produces some of the best booze (and boozers) in the world. But then again, I grew up as a punk rocker, and punk rockers are famous for their low blows against Reagan, Jesus, the South, or anything presenting itself as a 'tradition.' Those punkers make the best targets for that same reason. Behind every social critic is yet another... pen and paper in hand.
Gunsang: Sometimes I like to rant when I'm drunk, and the South is an easy target. I apologize if I've offended anyone.
As a guy who is currently flying the Confederate flag in his front yard, I don't take any offense at all to that. Offense means jack shit. Being offended at something is sure proof of being thin skinned and not being able to accept that others might think differently than you.
Uh, guys... let's all be drunk in peace. :)
Gunsang: -Snip-
Emob78: As a guy who is currently flying the Confederate flag in his front yard, I don't take any offense at all to that. Offense means jack shit. Being offended at something is sure proof of being thin skinned and not being able to accept that others might think differently than you.
Ha! Fair enough. Well I apologize to you, at any rate.

Ay, what's your favorite drink?
Emob78: As a guy who is currently flying the Confederate flag in his front yard, I don't take any offense at all to that. Offense means jack shit. Being offended at something is sure proof of being thin skinned and not being able to accept that others might think differently than you.
Gunsang: Ha! Fair enough. Well I apologize to you, at any rate.

Single malt whisky. Lagavulin is one of my favorites, but I do have lots of favorites.
Gunsang: Ha! Fair enough. Well I apologize to you, at any rate.

sunshinecorp: Single malt whisky. Lagavulin is one of my favorites, but I do have lots of favorites.
That looks good!... and expensive. Is that what you normally drink, or just a favorite?
Post edited February 09, 2015 by Gunsang