It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One great game, two quite different editions.

<span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous Action Pack</span>, the classic WWII tactical shooter that just arrived on GOG.com, contains the original game plus its expansion - all carefully tweaked and tested to work on modern systems. However, there's another version of that game known as Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe and we've also included that as a free bonus goodie with the original!

This Deluxe edition was released for free as a commercial promotion for the game's sequel back in 2003, the year that <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous 2</span> first came out. Despite having essentially the same content, the original and the Deluxe edition are quite different from each other, and deciding on which one is the "best" comes down mostly to a matter of preference. Some users appreciated the higher resolution textures and map editor available in Deluxe. Others criticized the questionable changes made in certain maps and the noticeable repetition in your squad mates' faces.

Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe is still available as freeware in certain places but now also included as a free bonus with the Action Pack. More importantly, though, the original <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous</span> is now available as a digital download for the first time, so if you're looking to experience the game in its most faithful and functional reincarnation yet, this is the time to strike!
Looks like the game's free status... has been revoked.
Post edited February 23, 2017 by Grargar
Grargar: Looks like the game's free status... has been revoked.
Hmmmm I don't think so :) The Deluxe Edition is still free, we just happen to include it along with the original since we know people would ask for it to be included and it was on our wishlist :)
So what's the difference between the main game and the bonus Deluxe version?
Don't get it! It has the mark of the devil!
Attachments:
handd.jpg (56 Kb)
JudasIscariot: Hmmmm I don't think so :) The Deluxe Edition is still free, we just happen to include it along with the original since we know people would ask for it to be included and it was on our wishlist :)
Oh, I see. A somewhat similar scenario to the Bethesda free games (Arena+Daggerfall).
tinyE: Don't get it! It has the mark of the devil!
What diabolic things does GoG plan with us?
Br-brazil? Nay?

;(
If anyone just wants to try the deluxe edition you can grab it here:

http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/deluxe/download.php
Grargar: Looks like the game's free status... has been revoked.
JudasIscariot: Hmmmm I don't think so :) The Deluxe Edition is still free, we just happen to include it along with the original since we know people would ask for it to be included and it was on our wishlist :)
Appreciated. :) Always nice to see complete editions come here.

I do hope GOG will continue adding highly-desired freeware titles though, like "SimCity", "Alien Carnage/Halloween Harry", "Heroine's Quest", etc. Hopefully next Christmas. ;)
haydenaurion: So what's the difference between the main game and the bonus Deluxe version?
The Deluxe version is an OLD (2002) updated version of the game that does some bad and some good things.

The Bad, removes soldier faces so they are all clones, removes swastikas (can be re-added with patch)

The Good, looks and runs mostly better, path finding is improved for AI, has a level editor
Dont mean to sound entitled. But I can't see hidden and do dangerous for sale on your site... are we south Africanpeasants going to have the same issue as with army men?
Attachments:
Yeah also can't see the game pages :(
Hope this doesn't mean its not available in South Africa, Loved this game as a kid, sunk endless hours into it.
Please GOG, share the love
tfishell: Appreciated. :) Always nice to see complete editions come here.

I do hope GOG will continue adding highly-desired freeware titles though, like "SimCity", "Alien Carnage/Halloween Harry", "Heroine's Quest", etc. Hopefully next Christmas. ;)
This. Especially Sim City 1 aka Sim City Classic I think it's called.
haydenaurion: So what's the difference between the main game and the bonus Deluxe version?
netnerd85: The Deluxe version is an OLD (2002) updated version of the game that does some bad and some good things.

The Bad, removes soldier faces so they are all clones, removes swastikas (can be re-added with patch)

The Good, looks and runs mostly better, path finding is improved for AI, has a level editor
So I should play the bonus Deluxe version over the Action Pack version it sounds like?
Post edited February 23, 2017 by haydenaurion
Hidden & Dangerous is a wonderful tactical squad base shooter whose missions rock. Highly recommended.