It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One great game, two quite different editions.

<span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous Action Pack</span>, the classic WWII tactical shooter that just arrived on GOG.com, contains the original game plus its expansion - all carefully tweaked and tested to work on modern systems. However, there's another version of that game known as Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe and we've also included that as a free bonus goodie with the original!

This Deluxe edition was released for free as a commercial promotion for the game's sequel back in 2003, the year that <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous 2</span> first came out. Despite having essentially the same content, the original and the Deluxe edition are quite different from each other, and deciding on which one is the "best" comes down mostly to a matter of preference. Some users appreciated the higher resolution textures and map editor available in Deluxe. Others criticized the questionable changes made in certain maps and the noticeable repetition in your squad mates' faces.

Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe is still available as freeware in certain places but now also included as a free bonus with the Action Pack. More importantly, though, the original <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous</span> is now available as a digital download for the first time, so if you're looking to experience the game in its most faithful and functional reincarnation yet, this is the time to strike!
Funny, I posted this in the reddit Q/A thread just a couple days ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gog/comments/5u8e2g/qa_interview_with_gogs_bizdev_department/ddzz8nn/

And what have we got now?

Instabought. Both H&Ds.
clarry: Funny, I posted this in the reddit Q/A thread just a couple days ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gog/comments/5u8e2g/qa_interview_with_gogs_bizdev_department/ddzz8nn/

And what have we got now?

Instabought. Both H&Ds.
I guess your question has been *sunglasses* answered :P
Thank you GOG! I always wanted to play the original with all the expansions.
high rated
JudasIscariot: Hmmmm I don't think so :) The Deluxe Edition is still free, we just happen to include it along with the original since we know people would ask for it to be included and it was on our wishlist :)
Could you ask the web developers to display an informative error page when restricting games instead of abruptly redirecting to https://www.gog.com/games with no explanation? And if they insist on silently redirecting then could they refrain from using HTTP 301. That's not what the status code is designed for, and it has horrible side-effects when misused like this. 303 would be better.
vicklemos: Br-brazil? Nay?

;(
tokisto: They are hidden... and worst, are DANGEROUS!
Perfectamentem perfectum! ;D
I'm curious: Why the lack of Windows XP support?
tfishell: I'm curious: Why the lack of Windows XP support?
Who in their right mind is still using XP? =P

Seriously though, GOG is all about running games on modern operating systems, and that's one of the main reason for it existing anyway. XP is nothing but outdated at this point, especially when one considers MS completely dropped support for the OS almost three years ago. To expect anyone to still provide XP support - unless it's vital IT support for legacy business software/hardware - is quite unrealistic. Hell, support for Vista will expire in less than two months as well.

GOG's classic game support for this older version of Windows has already been sporadic of late. You'd be better off realizing that this is going to become an even more common occurrence going forward.
Post edited February 23, 2017 by mistermumbles
I have Windows XP, on a VM on a Linux system to be sure but still. It is kept away from internet of course.

I have played some H&D Deluxe (and some SWAT 4 too) and come to the sad conclusion this type of games are not for me. This does not mean they are bad.
If it's any help I think you can still download the xp version for free if you look it up. (It's the version I have on win 7 btw).
Post edited February 23, 2017 by Karahandras
mistermumbles: Who in their right mind is still using XP? =P

Seriously though, GOG is all about running games on modern operating systems, and that's one of the main reason for it existing anyway. XP is nothing but outdated at this point, especially when one considers MS completely dropped support for the OS almost three years ago. To expect anyone to still provide XP support - unless it's vital IT support for legacy business software/hardware - is quite unrealistic. Hell, support for Vista will expire in less than two months as well.

GOG's classic game support for this older version of Windows has already been sporadic of late. You'd be better off realizing that this is going to become an even more common occurrence going forward.
Hey it was a fugging great OS. ;) I'm on Win 7 now and it's bretty gud also.

The only reason I'm asking is because XP is still being supported for various other recent releases. I wonder if it'll continue to be supported for DOSBox and ScummVM titles but not Windows titles.

Frankly, if that leaves time for the staff to do more important things, more power to them.
IIRC the Deluxe edition is less of a PITA to get running in LAN co-op, because they took extra time to iron out the bugs for the European release.
Post edited February 24, 2017 by Xoanon
Could someone from GOG shed some light on the reasons this and Hidden & Dangerous 2 are region locked in Brazil, South Africa and South Korea? Is it an age rating issue like with the Army Men games, or something (and what)?
In Brazil you can't even acces the store page.
Because that OS is 15 years old now.
Rodrigues520: In Brazil you can't even acces the store page.
Yep, regional locking consists of exactly that.