It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Orkhepaj: whom to believe? take your bets kids
it is like religion now , every one them says the other is wrong and you should believe them
BigBobsBeepers: "That doctor seems like a nice type, but he went against the WHO and other experts that the news says are right, so they must be wrong"

That is the general vibe I get when I read such comments by others across the interweb.

That and people who seem to like and support bad news but not good news on the subject(because that's what the news seems to be pumping out for the most part as of late, bad news).
It is especially hard now , as understanding and seeing who is right or wrong would need plenty of years of microbiology study + enough true info what the virus is actually doing.
low rated
richlind33: Two independent doctors, giving a detailed analysis of testing data extrapolations re to COVID-19, and the breakdown of scientific integrity resulting from corporate pressure and censorship. Share if you care. Thanks!
BreOl72: I'd rather not...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R54b0pq56A (Public Health Responds after Dr. Erickson's Statement)
https://theprepared.com/blog/dr-ericksons-viral-covid-19-briefing-video-is-dangerously-wrong/
Did you bother to read the responses to the article you linked? Did you bother to watch the video I linked? Are you interested in rational discussion, or would you "rather not"?
BreOl72: I'd rather not.
BigBobsBeepers: Reasons for doing so?
Sure.
https://www.kqed.org/news/11814749/bakersfield-doctors-dubious-covid-19-test-conclusions-spread-like-wildfire
Quote:
But public health experts were quick to point out the major flaws in the doctors’ methodology – namely that only a tiny percentage of Californians have actually been tested, a group that is more likely to test positive and is not representative of the larger population.

'This pandemic has been so severely politicized in this country that evidence, no matter how poor, gets amplified enormously if it benefits one side or another.'
Dr. Carl Bergstrom, University of Washington

But public health experts were quick to debunk the doctors’ findings as misguided and riddled with statistical errors — and an example of the kind of misleading information they are forced to waste precious time disputing.

The doctors should never have assumed that the patients they tested — who came for walk-in COVID-19 tests or who sought urgent care for symptoms they experienced in the middle of a pandemic — are representative of the general population, said Dr. Carl Bergstrom, a University of Washington biologist who specializes in infectious disease modeling.
He likened their extrapolations to “estimating the average height of Americans from the players on an NBA court.” And most credible studies of COVID-19 death rates are far higher than the ones the doctors presented.

“They’ve used methods that are ludicrous to get results that are completely implausible,” Bergstrom said.
Post edited April 29, 2020 by BreOl72
low rated
From my experience, nothing is representative of the whole population. How could you represent those who hate these tests? Only totalitarian systems could force everybody to do that ,but then forcing it would corrupt the test.
low rated
BigBobsBeepers: Reasons for doing so?
BreOl72: Sure.
https://www.kqed.org/news/11814749/bakersfield-doctors-dubious-covid-19-test-conclusions-spread-like-wildfire
Quote:
But public health experts were quick to point out the major flaws in the doctors’ methodology – namely that only a tiny percentage of Californians have actually been tested, a group that is more likely to test positive and is not representative of the larger population.

'This pandemic has been so severely politicized in this country that evidence, no matter how poor, gets amplified enormously if it benefits one side or another.'
Dr. Carl Bergstrom, University of Washington

But public health experts were quick to debunk the doctors’ findings as misguided and riddled with statistical errors — and an example of the kind of misleading information they are forced to waste precious time disputing.

The doctors should never have assumed that the patients they tested — who came for walk-in COVID-19 tests or who sought urgent care for symptoms they experienced in the middle of a pandemic — are representative of the general population, said Dr. Carl Bergstrom, a University of Washington biologist who specializes in infectious disease modeling.
He likened their extrapolations to “estimating the average height of Americans from the players on an NBA court.” And most credible studies of COVID-19 death rates are far higher than the ones the doctors presented.

“They’ve used methods that are ludicrous to get results that are completely implausible,” Bergstrom said.
Except for one llittle problem: there have been no credible studies done re COVID-19 mortality, because that requires a significant amount of time. If you can't spot a fallacy that blatant, what's the point of trying to discuss this?
Post edited April 29, 2020 by richlind33
BreOl72: And most credible studies of COVID-19 death rates are far higher than the ones the doctors presented.
richlind33: Except for one llittle problem: there have been no credible studies done re COVID-19 mortality, because that requires a significant amount of time.
If you can't spot a fallacy that blatant, what's the point of trying to discuss this?
Well, how come that you believe a 'study' done by these two doctors to be credible, if -as you say- there are no credible studies yet?

What was your question again?
richlind33: If you can't spot a fallacy that blatant, what's the point of trying to discuss this?
low rated
BreOl72: But public health experts were quick to point out the major flaws in the doctors’ methodology – namely that only a tiny percentage of Californians have actually been tested, a group that is more likely to test positive and is not representative of the larger population.
That is a bit misleading, what that rebuttal said I mean.

Of course the number tested was small, but it was more than the amount tested in many other areas(so a better picture of what's going on, at least in that area).

Also that's how such research works...they test and then retest, then test some more and adjust as needed.

That(their sample size being small or them not doing their science as others do) does not mean they are wrong(at least for their area or state), or that they are wrong because some other site said "they did such and such wrong".

They(other doctors and such professionals) need to "look into it" a bit more to determine it's validity, and then incorporate the good bits into their own research as needed, basically, and not just discard it like a piece of refuse.

BreOl72: But public health experts were quick to debunk the doctors’ findings as misguided and riddled with statistical errors — and an example of the kind of misleading information they are forced to waste precious time disputing.
Good science doesn't debunk things that go outside the accepted norm or which don't match the current models just to debunk it. They test it and retest it to see if it holds water or not.

BreOl72: “They’ve used methods that are ludicrous to get results that are completely implausible,” Bergstrom said.
This kind of labeling of those doctors by this one leads me to believe he dislikes them or what they are saying and is just closing his ears and discarding it without testing it. That's not good science.

Orkhepaj: It is especially hard now , as understanding and seeing who is right or wrong would need plenty of years of microbiology study + enough true info what the virus is actually doing.
I agree with this, and that is why I feel no study of sufficient 'weight' by a medical expert or doctor should be discarded or held up without further checking.
Post edited April 29, 2020 by BigBobsBeepers
low rated
richlind33: So I guess we're back to the days when Galileo was a "blasphemer".
I happen to think we have been there for quite some time now. A good number of scientists and such professionals like to divide into what could be deemed cliques, and will often dismiss things they don't agree with that are said by the ones in their fields they dislike and agree with things their associates(the ones they agree with) say more readily.

Add to that the tendency of a good number of them to "dump on" those who post things that the MSM & others deem politically incorrect(like the stuff said by Watson) to save face, and you can see why modern "science" can be lacking.
low rated
richlind33: So I guess we're back to the days when Galileo was a "blasphemer".
BigBobsBeepers: I happen to think we have been there for quite some time now. A good number of scientists and such professionals like to divide into what could be deemed cliques, and will often dismiss things they don't agree with that are said by the ones in their fields they dislike and agree with things their associates(the ones they agree with) say more readily.

Add to that the tendency of a good number of them to "dump on" those who post things that the MSM & others deem politically incorrect(like the stuff said by Watson) to save face, and you can see why modern "science" can be lacking.
True, human personality is always problematic, but necessity is a powerful motivator, so let's hope for the best and do what we can to see that evil does not prevail.
low rated
richlind33: True, human personality is always problematic, but necessity is a powerful motivator, so let's hope for the best and do what we can to see that evil does not prevail.
You mean prevail more than it has?

If so then it sounds like a plan.

And now I will switch back to the topic at hand, lest we go too offtopic.

A question out of left field: Have you seen the silly TikTok videos of doctors and nurses doing stuff like Titanic impressions?
low rated
richlind33: True, human personality is always problematic, but necessity is a powerful motivator, so let's hope for the best and do what we can to see that evil does not prevail.
BigBobsBeepers: You mean prevail more than it has?

If so then it sounds like a plan.

And now I will switch back to the topic at hand, lest we go too offtopic.

A question out of left field: Have you seen the silly TikTok videos of doctors and nurses doing stuff like Titanic impressions?
I have not, so link it up.
low rated
richlind33: I have not, so link it up.
Sorry, I had to figure out how to post links(a friend told me how) That is but one example. There are many others as of late, and of other songs and even dancing.
Post edited April 29, 2020 by BigBobsBeepers
Its me again, I make things short.

The full Case Cluster Study is released, 36 pages of information.

So much new stuff to read, geez.

EDIT: Holy smokes this is crazy. According to the data from Gangelt the infection rates and the general decrease in numbers of infected people also allign with those world wide almost regardless of the measurements taken (and according to the study itself, this similarly applies to every state and country). This means that this virus kinda "halts itself" spreading automatically after a while just because it can in a non exponential fashion. I would not believe the article per-se but considering it includes Sweden and what we know now according to the new data.

What is going on with this virus. It just does its thing so its kinda like the german population lol.
Post edited May 04, 2020 by Dray2k
Dray2k: What is going on with this virus. It just does its thing so its kinda like the german population lol.
To put it very simply as most people aren't versed in virology, what's going on with this virus is what has been going on for ages with those kinds/types of infectious, let's say pandemics. Indeed it does its thing: rears its ugly RNA, goes on up until reaching its peak, then decreases and goes away, regardless of where its at.. And as such, if well and truly 'left alone', it is highly unlikely for this virus to become seasonal as some have speculated. In order to understand how come and why not, virologists worthy of such title most likely have already explained this to the general public.
low rated
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

To early to call imho, it's still around and the moves to 'get back to work' are only going to keep it around longer.