It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GameRager: I am genuinely curious and would like to know then: How many of your rights are you willing to give up and how long in the name of safety?

(I tell ya, the powers that be that want such controls are likely having a fun time of it right now....people are literally handing them over no questions asked, and for who knows how long)
Do you think this is a game ? What do you think is a at stake?
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-italian-army-called-in-to-carry-away-corpses-as-citys-crematorium-is-overwhelmed-11959994

People are worried about human lives and of course i will follow the rules up until this has been come down to a
normal level. My town already has plans in place these plans are from now on till 19 April if nothing more
severe happens or more people come to the idea to "life their lives" rings a bell ?
NEWS:
Today Italy's death toll (3405) overtook China's (3245) and the epidemic has not yet reached its peak.
Post edited March 19, 2020 by dr.schliemann
low rated
My apologies...I wasn't trying to act as if i'm uncaring with what I said & I hope people start recovering from this soon enough/not many die from this.

That said, If its that bad and tons of people will die then shouldn't they be allowed to enjoy their lives(if done safely and with the proper precautions) a bit before they kick it?

Dreaganos: People are worried about human lives and of course i will follow the rules up until this has been come down to a normal level. My town already has plans in place these plans are from now on till 19 April if nothing more severe happens or more people come to the idea to "life their lives" rings a bell ?
Read back....I wasn't saying people shouldn't follow the rules set in place(if the periods aren't overly long...like 6+ months/etc)...I was mostly asking about how people might deal with things if such rules were extended for extremely long periods/if the govts and such tried to enact draconian measures in the name of safety.

================================

dr.schliemann: NEWS:
Today Italy's death toll (3405) overtook China's (3245) and the epidemic has not yet reached its peak.
God, that is so bad I cannot even find the words.....may all who died or will die be at peace, and those sick start to recover as soon as possible(and in large numbers) so that someday we can out this terrible moment in history behind us.

Also OP: Dunno if you're a praying man, but you and yours and all of Italy are in my prayers, for what it's worth.
Post edited March 19, 2020 by GameRager
GameRager: My apologies...I wasn't trying to act as if i'm uncaring with what I said & I hope people start recovering from this soon enough/not many die from this.

That said, If its that bad and tons of people will die then shouldn't they be allowed to enjoy their lives(if done safely and with the proper precautions) a bit before they kick it?
Look no apologie is needed you just have a different view on this situation, and you def. didn't come off as someone
who doesn't care.

We got it pretty good so far, no total lockdown, supermarkets were open normally just a few places where
larger groups of people would gather had to close. And the motto was "be mindfull think about others"
Now some egomaniacs starting ro ruin it all and we now have plans for total lockdown.
The attitude "but i want to live my life" by a few ruind the normal daily live of the many.
low rated
Dreaganos: Look no apologie is needed you just have a different view on this situation, and you def. didn't come off as someone who doesn't care.
Thanks(I thought I might have said something that sounded uncaring back there).

Dreaganos: We got it pretty good so far, no total lockdown, supermarkets were open normally just a few places where
larger groups of people would gather had to close. And the motto was "be mindfull think about others"
Now some egomaniacs starting ro ruin it all and we now have plans for total lockdown.
The attitude "but i want to live my life" by a few ruind the normal daily live of the many.
By that(live my life) I meant small groups spaced apart wearing masks/gloves maybe, not massive groups getting too close......but yeah some people are dumb and ruined it for others who are more reasonable.
GameRager: To everyone else, the same question: How much are you willing to give up and how many of your own morals/principles are you willing to lessen/cast aside in the name of some extra safety? And for how long?
Well, considering fear has always been a tool in getting more power, and governments around the world now is trying to undermine democratic freedoms by trying to get ultimate power for an unspecified time (to use force later?), I'm a little worried... Norway's government is now trying to use this situation to get unlimited power in record time. The pre-hearing was closed without any discussion.

Also, Trump and FDA has just approved an older malaria drug in record time against corona without much evidence to back it up. Further, China is a massive producer of medicines to the world and they still gesticulate with their show of power and rhetorics. They do seem to already have a dictator with several "re-education centers"...

Wasn't it Franklin that said: "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. ".
Post edited March 19, 2020 by sanscript
low rated
sanscript: Well, considering fear has always been a tool in getting more power, and governments around the world now is trying to undermine democratic freedoms by trying to get ultimate power for an unspecified time (to use force later?), I'm a little worried... Norway's government is now trying to use this situation to get unlimited power in record time. The pre-hearing was closed without any discussion.
Tbh this reminds me of the film V For Vendetta(disease spreads, govts take power and don't let it go). (Important bits at 1:43 and also 2:03....but the whole thing is good and worth watching, imo.

sanscript: Also, Trump and FDA has just approved an older malaria drug in record time against corona without much evidence to back it up. Further, China is a massive producer of medicines to the world and they still gesticulate with their show of power and rhetorics. They do seem to already have a dictator with several "re-education centers"...
Tbh we might need to speed up certain research methods/approval processes in this case.

That said, I know some countries are like that....I don't want it to become a world wide thing, or even more so, though.

sanscript: Wasn't it Franklin that said: "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."?
Dunno, but GOOD quote....was gonna post it before.
GameRager: To everyone else, the same question: How much are you willing to give up and how many of your own morals/principles are you willing to lessen/cast aside in the name of some extra safety? And for how long?
I'll not budge at all, the less power government has the better, always. Not under any circumstances would I trust incompetent, dishonest, greedy snakes to do better with more power than less. They can self-copulate now and forever.
GameRager: How much are you willing to give up and how many of your own morals/principles are you willing to lessen/cast aside in the name of some extra safety? And for how long?
I suppose it comes down to the principal of "Policing by consent". Where you ascribe a sacrifice of principals, I see an agreement of mutual effort.
low rated
wpegg: I suppose it comes down to the principal of "Policing by consent". Where you ascribe a sacrifice of principals, I see an agreement of mutual effort.
So then how much would you agree to in this "effort"? What would be your limit?
wpegg: I suppose it comes down to the principal of "Policing by consent". Where you ascribe a sacrifice of principals, I see an agreement of mutual effort.
GameRager: So then how much would you agree to in this "effort"? What would be your limit?
When it's too much.
low rated
GameRager: How much are you willing to give up and how many of your own morals/principles are you willing to lessen/cast aside in the name of some extra safety? And for how long?
That "agreement of mutual effort" didn't seem to amount to very much with respect to preparedness, m8; perhaps because there wasn't an agreement of mutual *interest*.
low rated
wpegg: When it's too much.
I'm a bit rusty on the various levels of warning. (To all: Clip is from Harvey Birdman)
Post edited March 20, 2020 by GameRager
GameRager: Also OP: Dunno if you're a praying man, but you and yours and all of Italy are in my prayers, for what it's worth.
It's worth a lot to me: thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Not sure how reliable this is: world tally live updates.