It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Dalthnock: Only a month & a half after those impressively stupid clowns at the WHO said it was ‘too early’ to declare public health emergency for coronavirus.

What exactly are those pigs (no offense to the four-legged variant) doing there with all our money?
I dunno if it factors into this, but supposedly there is a world pandemic fund to fight such outbreaks set aside by a bunch of investors/etc......if there is no official pandemic declared by a certain date they get their money back with interest...while if one IS declared before the set date they lose that money......maybe they are influencing the WHO's decision to declare this a pandemic or not? Who knows.

(To all: The above bit about that being the reason such hasn't been declared by the WHO is speculation...so take it with that in mind)
Post edited March 10, 2020 by GameRager
Was this thread properly disinfected?
low rated
keeveek: Was this thread properly disinfected?
I took care of it earlier....I used a bunch of hand sanitizer.....sadly though it was the new stuff being made with prison labor by my state so now I feel bad about it.
*cough!*
Disturbing study about the potential spread of the virus on buses:
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3074351/coronavirus-can-travel-twice-far-official-safe-distance-and-stay
Not exactly an argument for the safety of public transport.
Today, the government in the Czech Republic forbade any event above 100 people, on top of closing schools for students and teachers.

Given that the virus has been here for some time now, I wonder if it will help stop the spreading.
low rated
idbeholdME: Today, the government in the Czech Republic forbade any event above 100 people, on top of closing schools for students and teachers.

Given that the virus has been here for some time now, I wonder if it will help stop the spreading.
Does that include religious services like mass? (Just curious)
=================================================

As for all that is going on: I've been playing Deus Ex(with GMDX mod version 9) and also watching the RE films and I might watch other films/play other games as well....anyone else doing similar to try make the best of the situation and not get so worked up over this?
Love being at home. Playing Battletech with all the dlc. Strange thing is most of my terrified friends are still requesting lunches and gatherings. I'll go if I'm invited, not concerned about this virus but its best if people could reduce their interaction, unless its online.

I still fear flying more than this damned virus. And I do fly on occasion.
low rated
kharille: Love being at home. Playing Battletech with all the dlc. Strange thing is most of my terrified friends are still requesting lunches and gatherings. I'll go if I'm invited, not concerned about this virus but its best if people could reduce their interaction, unless its online.
Eh some have to do needed roles, and some want to show that the virus isn't dampening their spirits as much......plus as long as they wear masks properly/do other safety measures & don't meet in too large a group it should be not too much more risky.

kharille: I still fear flying more than this damned virus. And I do fly on occasion.
I was just watching "Catch me if you can" movie clips.....and just now had an idea for a meme: The words "Don't catch me if you can" on a corona chan picture. o.0
GameRager: Does that include religious services like mass? (Just curious)
Yes, even religious events. As long as it would have been over 100 people.
Post edited March 10, 2020 by idbeholdME
GameRager: Does that include religious services like mass? (Just curious)
idbeholdME: Yes, even religious events. As long as it would have been over 100 people.
Catholics and Orthodox Christians (and other religions that like to kiss holy items) all scream out in painful unison.
https://youtu.be/09LTT0xwdfw
Post edited March 10, 2020 by maul_inc
Haven't lurked on here for a while, I'm glad that this is discussed.

I think the best safety measurements are washing your hands and getting cheap disposable gloves if you want to go shopping. That stuff makes a high risk threat into a mild one, at least considering how it the virus spreads. Also people may be less around you because wearing gloves may look silly to them :D! A true win-win against the virus.

fronzelneekburm: Are you surprised? :P

The vast majority of Germans barely qualify as sentient beings.
Oof, I do agree though. But I have to say that germans, while brainwashed in some parts of the population, are still extremly proficient in drinking, fucking and manual labor and that they do these three things often at the same time with a level that is just about unheard off in every other country. So much in fact that they probably are on a level of a robot or advanced AI, its actually scary how well germans can do these three things so well.

This is of course a hotbed for the virus to spread at extremly high levels as well, I do expect the amount of confirmed cases in germany to decuple to become at least 12.000 confirmed cases at best.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that germans are also amongst the best worldwide when it comes to complaining about their own country and government :P.
Post edited March 10, 2020 by Dray2k
kai2: WHO has still not listed COVID-19 as a pandemic... even though it met their own definition long ago.
If you wait for the WHO you will get very little timely information.
The study:
https://academic.oup.com/nsr/advance-article/doi/10.1093/nsr/nwaa036/5775463?searchresult=1
Thank you for sharing the article: it's very interesting even though it is still in an early stage. It says: «As previously noted, the data examined in this study are still very limited, and follow-up analyses of a larger set of data are needed to have a better understanding of the evolution and epidemiology of SARS-CoV-2. There is a strong need for further immediate, comprehensive studies that combine genomic data, epidemiological data, and chart records of the clinical symptoms of patients with SARS-CoV-2.»

GameRager: I get being skeptical of unknown info sources, but (from my talks with them and the talks they've had with others) I can readily say Kai2 is very knowledgeable on such things(has family in similar fields) so tbh i'd put some more stock in what they say vs. some random guy/girl on the street who has no experience with such things.
I would like to specify that It wasn't my intention to underestimate what Kai2 said or discredit Kai2 themselves.
low rated
idbeholdME: Yes, even religious events. As long as it would have been over 100 people.
Don't you guys have laws against that sort of thing(barring religious services)?
==========================

dr.schliemann: I would like to specify that It wasn't my intention to underestimate what Kai2 said or discredit Kai2 themselves.
Just wanted to say that i'm sorry if that post of mine came off as rude/etc....I just dislike when people with experience have their ideas cast aside(or SEEM to) by others(in general) due to not being "vetted sources" like official organizations/etc. :)
Post edited March 10, 2020 by GameRager