It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm back, just posting once because we're about the enter phase 2 in this pandemic. We're truely living in historic times.

Fonzer: 11 death cases here and 730 confirmed cases.

Just read that we need masks since everyone that talks basicly spits said a chinese. But we citizens can't buy any masks or disenfectants for hands since they are for medical people and they are always out in pharmacies.

I really wonder if every medical person needs a mask everywhere when there are no infected at those places.
I know it's good for precautions, but the masks are in high demand and are running out everywhere.
Anything that can destroy fat with ease works against SARS-CoV-2. Use the dishwashing liquid of your choice to wash the packages of the food you can't just open. If you can open the food, put the food into a clean bag or basket of choice throw away the package in the trash. Wash your hands with either soap or dishwashing liquid after doing that.

It is adviced to not use the stuff that doctors use. Dishwashing stuff is fine against this virus.

People seem to forget that this virus is actually very weak and the problem with the virus is that its very new and this a problem for the body which has no idea what this thing is. If you get infected and recover, then you can't get reinfected. However, there have to be studies coming out that show that reinfection doesn't happen, but since its so similar to SARS, I expect people to be immune to this for 2 years. Also many kids seem to be close to immune to this virus.

AlienMind: yeah, the WHO lied folks, you in fact do need masks. don't trust anyone anymore.
Not true, they told you about this since early feburary.

Bookwyrm627: *snipsnap*
Hey just noticed that post. I just wanted to say that I hope you have a non-stressful and healthy day sire mod.
Post edited March 29, 2020 by Dray2k
KiNgBrAdLeY7: My cats have strange symptoms like cold or flu. And it is noteworthy, that first time ever, ALL of them got sick almost together. Coughing (not for vomitting hairballs like usual), weezing (not like when eating hastily), sneezing excessively very strangely. One of them has fever, even, while an older one lost its apetite completely and merely curls up in its nest-like box, not wanting to eat delicacies offered.

From what i see, people warn that pets might also get sick from that, or at least carry it without symptoms. I can do with putting distance between me and my babies, but are they really potentially dangerous for me? And if they have that nasty stuff, will they be able to recover later?
Cats CAN get covid-19. There was a case or two. But from what I hear, it can't be transmitted to humies.

Or at least it's very hard for it to jump from cat to humie and adopt to a new "environment".

But, it also could be a simple cold or something. And while in panic-mode we are, we think any symptom is related to the virus. And that's normal.

My cat was sick too, couple days ago, and I just like you was wondering. But in the end it was a simple cold.

Keep an eyes on your babies, if you can take them to a vet, do that. But don't panic before you know for sure.
kai2: I think this interview is worth watching:

Interview with Professor Kim Woo-joo from Korea University Guro Hospital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAk7aX5hksU
Very good source of information. Thank you for sharing!
Post edited March 29, 2020 by falloutttt
AlienMind: yeah, the WHO lied folks, you in fact do need masks. don't trust anyone anymore.
Dray2k: Not true, they told you about this since early feburary.
"If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection."

lie

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAk7aX5hksU&t=16m26s
Post edited March 29, 2020 by AlienMind
AlienMind: "If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection."

lie

Luck is what you need , and lots of it , good health condition is also important but that is logical.
AlienMind: "If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection."

lie

gamesfreak64: Luck is what you need , and lots of it , good health condition is also important but that is logical.
A teleporter to a habital base on mars is what you need. But what does that have to do with masks and if they help?
Problem is that masks aren't available in shops anymore, instead you get "do it yourself" instructions...but I don't have a sewing machine and wouldn't know how to operate one. And even the materials for an ultra-basic improvised one (e.g. paper towels) aren't always easy to get in supermarkets anymore.
Honestly makes me wonder what would happen if some deadlier virus emerged (say one that kills 10% of infected young and middle-aged people), probably total pandemonium.
Interesting article about the origins of the virus:
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3077442/coronavirus-pathogen-could-have-been-spreading-humans-decades
They think it might have circulated in humans for years or decades, evolving for easier transmission and more severe symptoms, until it became detectable in a mass outbreak in Wuhan.
gamesfreak64: diverted ?
just noticed this topic
GameRager: That was the OP who said that, a few posts before mine.

I get somewhat what he means....the thread went a bit off into talking about social-economic systems and other things, and he(OP) wants it to be on the thread topic(COVID) and stuff related to it......I respect all that, I just think it'd be best to keep this thread going and enjoy GOG's good will(in allowing this thread to even exist) & ignore posts each of us don't want to read(unless they are overly bad/rude/etc) rather than ask GOG to step in/lock it.

gamesfreak64: Anyway.... every country has many problems, majority handled quick and effectively, a few were a little late.....
Germany seems to have litte casualties, so they seem to be alert and responded fast , and some were less quick to respond for now we can only watch the online info and wait. For those who can read Dutch, Google and read some of the news, and response on social media and you will see how they handled it ......
GameRager: Yeah, and now my home state is being hit hard as well(we're the new epicenter by official numbers).

Oh well, we will get through this, I believe(NY state, the world, etc)....we just have to persevere and soldier on through all this.

gamesfreak64: Anyway its a good thing we dont have to give grades on performance on how well things are handled like this case
in European format from a 0 to a 9 ( 10 is only for the head master) ( no a F, B and B plus)
GameRager: We have more ordered grades as well(percentages)....the lettering thing is just how teachers categorize each percentage bracket, iirc.

(i.e. A/A+ is like 100 or so percent to like 85-90%)
Sorry to read the bad news, i'm also watching some USA news and German news cause i can understand most of it to know how the situation is at the moment..

Anyway many people reply with the fact that some have more cases than others, sometimes they forget to calculate the total numbers compared to the curren population.... thats why some might say that some small countries might have a relatively higher count because their population is smaller.

For NL you can see it here in English:

https://www.rivm.nl/en/news/current-information-about-novel-coronavirus-covid-19

Europe

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases

richlind33: What do you attribute that to?
Cambrey: We (the younger generations who have not known any wars) have lived in abundance of everything, and have a tendency to take life for granted, we feel that we can be reckless because our knowledge of science and technology will eventually pull us through any dangerous situations.
Many older people at 40's and 50's may also havent known many wars, but they are very aware of it because we were confronted with it in history class ( ww1+ ww2 and other wars) seen lot's of footages from ww1+ ww2 archives.
Anyway many have always been aware and haven't really lived in abundance of everything, and were always aware it might happen again, someday.
Post edited March 29, 2020 by gamesfreak64
Yes our country is pretty small and has only a little over 2 million people.
What bothers me that elderly homes are getting infected somehow.
We do know that some doctors and nurses went skiing to Italy before the country went to quarantine.
But they also said we are the 4th in dealing with the outbreak the best.
Fonzer: Yes our country is pretty small and has only a little over 2 million people.
What bothers me that elderly homes are getting infected somehow.
We do know that some doctors and nurses went skiing to Italy before the country went to quarantine.
But they also said we are the 4th in dealing with the outbreak the best.
Thats very nice to hear you are doing fine.... as for the Netherlands: (╯︵╰,)
well , see for yourself

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuacohen/2020/03/27/caught-between-herd-immunity-and-national-lockdown-holland-hit-hard-by-covid-19/#1cda79b03557
Those proposals for herd immunity are freaking me out, I'm under 40, but I really don't want to catch this thing after everything I've read about it.
gamesfreak64: Luck is what you need , and lots of it , good health condition is also important but that is logical.
AlienMind: A teleporter to a habital base on mars is what you need. But what does that have to do with masks and if they help?
Actually nothing i guess..... but it will always depend on 'luck' ..... almost as like a wheel of fortune , it spins and spins
and its always unknown where it stops.

Anyway i've been around long enough to experience that.
morolf: Those proposals for herd immunity are freaking me out, I'm under 40, but I really don't want to catch this thing after everything I've read about it.
I have minimal understanding of this. I can't see how this herd immunity would work out. Shouldn't they need to develop a vaccine first ? This sounds like just let the virus free. How does that help the people?
morolf: Those proposals for herd immunity are freaking me out, I'm under 40, but I really don't want to catch this thing after everything I've read about it.
Prepare for life in a hazmat suit then. :P
Well it is scary , in a way it is "funny" the ways our govt bring it to us.... if you know the current things going on from the start of all this and read many (mostly) Dutch posts on social media , watched many (Dutch) videos , you would see how things are being "experienced" by many Dutch people.

Anyway you have to see the videos and have to understand 100% what is being said in Dutch to see why this looks all '"weird" like telling to not shake hands and afterwards shake eachothers hands ..
also the part of telling the carnival festivities being held in very small groups.... which was the first response ,
so it resembles a Laurel and Hardy movie and maybe a little of "The Three Stoges " movies
Post edited March 30, 2020 by gamesfreak64