It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zeogold: Granted.
Thanks a lot, also to the donators MarkoH01 and VeTrack!
greeklover: Why did I google "vac-bon gamie"? I don't even understand the Fairfox language. I must be drunk. Absolute lee:)
Well, hope dies last :)
But tbh this was one post I also have severe difficulties to understand and I could not figure out what it's actually about. But hey, it least it sounds funny ;) I said it multiple times, I want a Fairfox/English dictionary and such problems would be gone.
zeogold: Granted.
Leroux: Thanks a lot, also to the donators MarkoH01 and VeTrack!
Whatever I just gave you - you're welcome :)
Post edited February 25, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Whatever I just gave you - you're welcome :)
Ananias Roguelike. ;)
Then, can I have 'The Last Door - Collector's Edition'?

PS. Also, @zeogold, you added me in the donor list here, but not the games I donated to the list yet. :)
Hey Zeo! May I request Wargame: Red Dragon? The Wargame series has always appeared interesting to me, however; I never pulled the trigger to buy it. I was also waiting for it to show on GOG, however; that appears to be a long shot right now.

Just let me know, thanks as always.
Ive always browsed this as if waiting for a unused serial to catch my eye or something, but i guess it's about time to try my luck! hehe Can I get Wolcen Lords of Mayhem or more preferably, Hold Fast Nations At War(because I looove mount and blade serious it is seriously my favorite!)
Thanks for your consideration!
enortimus: Ive always browsed this as if waiting for a unused serial to catch my eye or something, but i guess it's about time to try my luck! hehe Can I get Wolcen Lords of Mayhem or more preferably, Hold Fast Nations At War(because I looove mount and blade serious it is seriously my favorite!)
A common refrain in this thread, but you should go back and look at the rules for the GA in post #1, and then the list of available games in the subsequent posts.

TLDR version, the available games are for active community members, and new accounts rarely qualify, and perhaps more importantly the games you are looking for are at least not currently listed.
greeklover: Waiting for part 2;) It's coming in February right?
zeogold: Yes, I just have to get the ones currently with us to stop crying. I keep reading them bedtime stories, but it's not working.
LOL, Hm, maybe get the adventure games to tell the stories and the HO games to start a scavenger hunt?

In an effort to help, may I give a home to Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition?
I'm a fan of the Civ games and space4x so you can tell the tyke it might be a good fit. :)

bler144: That said, i could compile a list of games I do recommend. Esp. in the HOG category, there are a number of pretty decent/good games on there either for fans of the genre or someone who just wants to dabble.
The wife and I have never tried HOG or point/click adventure games. Namariel Legends: Iron Lord Premium Edition looked interesting with it's steam-punk style and more puzzle-like, Would you recommend it, or are there others you'd suggest for a first-time 'dabbler'? (Not fans of the horror genre here.)
bjgamer: The wife and I have never tried HOG or point/click adventure games. Namariel Legends: Iron Lord Premium Edition looked interesting with it's steam-punk style and more puzzle-like, Would you recommend it, or are there others you'd suggest for a first-time 'dabbler'? (Not fans of the horror genre here.)
I'm not a horror fan either, though even HOG games with horror themes are pretty much never actually scary or actively gruesome. The game style just doesn't lend itself to sudden surprises, and in general they're marketing these games for all ages. Kidnapping/possession of moms/kids/husbands is a pretty regular theme, but at worst it's B-movie PG-13 stuff. Anecdotally, the genre seems to favor female protagonists.

Namariel Legends: Iron Lord is the one I just finished, actually.

One thing to know about the genre is that Artifex Mundi is really the "pinnacle" developer (though they also market some lesser games, and some games where they aren't actually the developr), whereas Namariel is a Shaman Games production. It's not quite as polished, and it's actually not really much of a "HOG" at all, since I don't think there were any hidden-object finds at all - maybe 1-2?

It's really more point/click adventure, just in a HOG game structure in terms of map organization and story. I thought the base story was pretty good, and kinda nice to have a break from more object-find oriented games. The "bonus chapter" (which every HOG seems to have) was pretty terrible, however.

Quick eyeball scan of the list, but my first choice of what's available would probably be: http://store.steampowered.com/app/259740/Nightmares_from_the_Deep_The_Cursed_Heart/ but if you don't mind eschewing hidden-object finds and sticking to point/click and puzzles, I think the base game of Iron Lord would make a pretty good introduction too.
Post edited February 26, 2018 by bler144
zeogold: Yes, I just have to get the ones currently with us to stop crying. I keep reading them bedtime stories, but it's not working.
bjgamer: LOL, Hm, maybe get the adventure games to tell the stories and the HO games to start a scavenger hunt?

In an effort to help, may I give a home to Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition?
I'm a fan of the Civ games and space4x so you can tell the tyke it might be a good fit. :)

bler144: That said, i could compile a list of games I do recommend. Esp. in the HOG category, there are a number of pretty decent/good games on there either for fans of the genre or someone who just wants to dabble.
bjgamer: The wife and I have never tried HOG or point/click adventure games. Namariel Legends: Iron Lord Premium Edition looked interesting with it's steam-punk style and more puzzle-like, Would you recommend it, or are there others you'd suggest for a first-time 'dabbler'? (Not fans of the horror genre here.)
Just a suggestion but I would recommend going to the GOG giveaway thread and getting Syberia. It is a "daggered" game so will not count towards your monthly limit and is a great point and click adventure game, IMO. It was the first point and click I played years ago that got me started in the genre.
bjgamer: LOL, Hm, maybe get the adventure games to tell the stories and the HO games to start a scavenger hunt?

The wife and I have never tried HOG or point/click adventure games. Namariel Legends: Iron Lord Premium Edition looked interesting with it's steam-punk style and more puzzle-like, Would you recommend it, or are there others you'd suggest for a first-time 'dabbler'? (Not fans of the horror genre here.)
51nikopol: Just a suggestion but I would recommend going to the GOG giveaway thread and getting Syberia. It is a "daggered" game so will not count towards your monthly limit and is a great point and click adventure game, IMO. It was the first point and click I played years ago that got me started in the genre.
Would agree that Syberia is a better adventure game in most respects. It's a veritable classic, though can be challenging.

Namariel by comparison would be a comparatively short, easy introduction, but not one you would remember 2 weeks after having finished it.

Most HOG games (which this one fallsunder, despite the lack of actual hidden object puzzles) run 4-6 hours, and this is no exception.
51nikopol: Just a suggestion but I would recommend going to the GOG giveaway thread and getting Syberia. It is a "daggered" game so will not count towards your monthly limit and is a great point and click adventure game, IMO. It was the first point and click I played years ago that got me started in the genre.
bler144: Would agree that Syberia is a better adventure game in most respects. It's a veritable classic, though can be challenging.

Namariel by comparison would be a comparatively short, easy introduction, but not one you would remember 2 weeks after having finished it.
Thank you both for the suggestions. Syberia does look intriguing, and more of a mystery. I had thought to help zeogold find another game a home by trying a genre we didn't know but were curious about, however we'd prefer to request a game we'd actually play and a good introduction to the HOG. Thanks again.
GenlyAi: Then, can I have 'The Last Door - Collector's Edition'?
TheSaint54: Hey Zeo! May I request Wargame: Red Dragon?
bjgamer: In an effort to help, may I give a home to Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition?
All granted.
bjgamer: we'd prefer to request a game we'd actually play and a good introduction to the HOG
Tell you what, I'll ship you over a copy of Time Mysteries: Inheritance - Remastered. It's an Artifex Mundi game and pretty much a classic example of what their games look like (hidden object combined with some light point-and-click puzzling). Not too taxing, albeit from their early years and thus a bit less polished than some of their stuff. Pretty much something to get your feet a bit wet and see if you like that sort of gameplay.
If you do enjoy it, the Mystery Case Files series is pretty much the best of the best in the genre. I've yet to come across anything that's ever topped Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove.

enortimus: Ive always browsed this as if waiting for a unused serial to catch my eye or something, but i guess it's about time to try my luck! hehe Can I get Wolcen Lords of Mayhem or more preferably, Hold Fast Nations At War(because I looove mount and blade serious it is seriously my favorite!)
As has already been pointed out, please read the first post(s) on the thread. This is generally a good idea to do for any thread you walk into before posting, really. This isn't some sort of code-dropping thread and I'm not some sort of generous baller who's buying random games that people request, there's a set list on the OP (that you need to qualify for).
I see a lot of games with daggers so I would like to add to my collection "Silence of the Sleep" (†) .

Also can I have H1Z1?
Post edited February 28, 2018 by kmcoolice
Thank you @zeogold and especially @heartburnron for the 'The Last Door: Collector's Edition' key donation. Already installed and I'll try to play it soon-ish to post reviews and such. :)